Job Description: Vendor Management Specialist:
(Engineering and Procurement Focus)
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vendor Management Specialist is responsible for facilitating the procurement process of contract employees for a particular customer by using an e-procurement tool and managing relationships between the customer (hiring managers) and the approved vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the procurement process: requisition creation, contractor onboarding assignment, and contractor offboarding.
• Broadcast orders to approved suppliers using e-technology tool.
• Exercise screening techniques that ensure only high-quality candidates are forwarded to the customer for review.
• Coordinate the candidate interview process on behalf of the hiring managers. Successfully negotiate the bill rates to ensure that they are aligned with current market rates and closely related to the necessary job criteria.
• Confirm assignment logistics between hiring manager and supplier regarding the contractors assignment information (start and end date, location, rates, hours, etc.). Interact daily with hiring managers and suppliers to resolve program related issues: Appropriately manage the customer and supplier relationship by building a professional rapport, following up consistently, and by maintaining ongoing contact and communication.
• Act as a cooperative and contributing team member of the KVMS Program to ensure that a high level of service is always offered to both customers and suppliers.
• Position reports to Operations Manager
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business preferred but not required.
High School diploma required.
Minimum Years Experience Required:
• 3 years preferably in staffing industry.
• Experience in the Engineering and