Want to move from Illinois to Atlanta

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 130)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Joy in Stedman, North Carolina

65 months ago

Hey Catika, can't listen to everyone but hope you find good support along the way, Atlanta is a great place to live, lived in Calif, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Florida and now here and believe you me, I can't find anyplace that can beat Atlanta. If you want to visit someplace, hop on a plane and be off, only kissing the ground when you return. Close to the mountains, the beach, city life, country life, night life, best people in the world and there are jobs if you put yourself out there and not sit around talking about finding a job. Cost of living depends on you and how you live. Cheap is possible and extravagant is even more possible. Money talks but not only the young survive. If you make the move, welcome and if not, your bad fortune. We welcome everyone who is decent. If you don't like the move, move again. NOthing in life is permanent except, uncle sam and the undertaker. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

play in West Palm Beach, Florida

62 months ago

I read your report and it was very helpful and I do understand what you are saying and I have been doing my reserch and so far ATL seems like the place to be and you right you do have to bring something to the table are have a business plan to help you come up, so what area of georgia that you move to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

kazba926 in Mableton, Georgia

62 months ago

Born and raised in Metro Atlanta. I have never seen the job market this bad! Companies are wanting it all for no pay. So even if you have a degree don't expect the pay that some other people may have gotten in Atlanta. I do full charge bookkeeping and can not find a job making the funds that I need to make to pay my bills...I think we were spoiled with the growth and jobs that Atlanta had to offer for so long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

Please don't move to Atlanta. I hate it here and am looking to move away as soon as I get the money. Very hard to find a job. The traffic is horrendous. People are unfriendly; won't even look at you when you walk by. The weather is sooo hot, humid and miserable in the summer. Cold in the winter, but no snow ever. If you are a single female, it is very hard to date. The men are dirt ugly. There is really nothing to do entertainment-wise. I recently went to Chicago and cried for a whole week when I got back from that beautiful, fabulous city only to come back to this awful mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Jan in Decatur, Georgia

59 months ago

leaving in Winder, Georgia said: I'm leaving Georgia but it is cheaper than NJ where I grew up. I have only been here one year and did not like it. I have kids with special needs who cannot get the services they need and after I finished my research I found GA to be on the bottom of the list for services for special needs jobs. Bad place to be as a single parent though. I am divorced and hate dealing with some of the stereotypes constantly.

If you do move to GA, make sure you stay within Atlanta perimeter area if you want to work for decent pay. I moved too far out to the east and missed too many opportunities in downtown Atlanta. GA can be hard on people who did not grow up here so be extra viligant in your job search. Highest unemployment rate in the country so do not move here without a bachelor's degree, ok?

I just moved here it is hell. I did not have a job , but have a bachelor degree. It still has been hard to get on anywhere here. The hotel l stayed in for a week has drugs and prostitution quite different from the life l was use to coming from. I would advise anyone do not come unless you got a car, job, and a place to live or else you will suffer like hell. It is the hardest place I ever been to. Leaving asap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jan in Decatur, Georgia

59 months ago

Shannon in Atlanta, Georgia said: Please don't move to Atlanta. I hate it here and am looking to move away as soon as I get the money. Very hard to find a job. The traffic is horrendous. People are unfriendly; won't even look at you when you walk by. The weather is sooo hot, humid and miserable in the summer. Cold in the winter, but no snow ever. If you are a single female, it is very hard to date. The men are dirt ugly. There is really nothing to do entertainment-wise. I recently went to Chicago and cried for a whole week when I got back from that beautiful, fabulous city only to come back to this awful mess.

Me to I just got here only been here a week its is scary and hell up here. Laws are unregulated people do whatever they want to do they do not give a dam. I am getting out of here fast. North Dakato was better then this place this is the pits of hell. Hard to get job, do not feel safe catching bus its a miserable place your right. I advise people not to come here unless they are ready to go to hell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

You are all being unrealistic. Of course, jobs are hard to find. We're in a f'g recession!!! There are practically no jobs for anyone - unless you get one through networking.

It's scary - or it's safe - depending on where you live. Do you live in the cheap part of town or middle class?

Traffic is horendous? Sure it is, it's a major city. Otherwise, move into the country area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

MsLady in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

Jeff I disagree.... there are plenty of jobs in Atlanta. Too many people have bought the press..... if you really want a job you can find one... and Im not just talking about a job at burger king.

the Federal government is really hiring right now and will be creating over 200k jobs over the next several years and have already created thousands as part of the the Amerian Recover Act. there are lots of federal positions in various fields here in atlanta and the surrounding Metro

Catika, what type of job are you looking for and type of experience do you have.
the government is really pussing to hire more people from the private sector now a days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

dontworryboutit in Bennettsville, South Carolina

58 months ago

:) Ok so I know it says that I am in SC. That may be true but I have been in Atlanta for about 4-5 years, met some kool people, one of which is my husband now! : ) Ms Catika, you need to get yourself a good job. Thats right. I agree with Mslady and ladyfoster cause she is both right! there are jobs and they will be competitive. REAL competitive. You need a church home too. YOu need people honey. You need someone who believes in YOU helping you. BUT like alot of out of towners they come to the A expecting it to be the "Promise Land" and it is for the prepared; For the little fish, you get ate up! Believe Me! Pray about it and give it to God. Ask Him if that is His plan for your life! He will move you when you are ready! XOXOXOXOXXOXO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

58 months ago

To all of you who have recently relocated...blame your self first. You should all know that before you move you need to do your research. There is no excuse not to. You have the internet, even if you don;t have one in your home you can go to family, friends or library to use the computer. You should have researched the job market and secured a job, had money saved for housing and found reliable housing, schools and neighborhoods can be checked online as well as income, cost of living, and pretty much anything else you may need to know. People are to quick to rush to relocate simply because they are unhappy where they are living. Cities don't change much only the people are different. Plan for a move, don't just pack up and go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mzfort in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

To ladyfoster
I was also trying to relocate, my husband says I need to find a job first before we can move. He will be able to transfer his job. I was wondering could you help me with getting a federal job.
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ladyfoster in jonesboro, Georgia

58 months ago

hello Mxfort. i would be happy to, have you visited usajobs.opm.gov yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rohmell brills in paisely park, New York

58 months ago

Hannah Williams in Macon, Georgia said: Atlanta is a GREAT Place to start your own business, with over 5 million in population!! If you are interested in starting a business for less that $500.00 dollars e-mail me!!!
jandhwilliams09@gmail.com
This is a chance to create your own Bailout & Stimulus Package!!!

Sound like some BS scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Glo in Palm Coast, Florida

58 months ago

ladyfoster in jonesboro, Georgia said: Catika, I am the same person as MsLady.. some how my profile got messed up and I had to create a new one.... I wanted to say that if you need any assistance in looking into a federal position. Let me know. I would be glad to help you

I have customer service experience what website can I go to apply for the positions? I've been using careerbuilder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lily Goldman in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

i moved from IL to GA 2years ago. compare to cold weather and unfriendly people in IL, i love Atl.
you need to find a decent place. it is like everywhere in the U.S, cant mess up with wrong area, especially downtown area, there are really drugs and prost area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

play in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

I am looking for interm position to be a music promoter do any one know were I can find information on this type of job please e-mail me back asp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

play in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

I am interest in starting my own business so e-mail me back maybe we can talk more

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hannah Williams in Macon, Georgia

58 months ago

play in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am interest in starting my own business so e-mail me back maybe we can talk more[/QUOTEe-mail

E-mail me so I can send you more information to jandhwilliams09@gmail.com. Would love to give you more details

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Silverfox3v in Mooresville, North Carolina

57 months ago

ladyfoster in jonesboro, Georgia said: Catika, I am the same person as MsLady.. some how my profile got messed up and I had to create a new one.... I wanted to say that if you need any assistance in looking into a federal position. Let me know. I would be glad to help you

Hi LadyFoster,

I’m currently contemplating a move to Georgia, in fact to the Jonesboro area, near Mundy Mill Rd. Though my level of education isn’t as outstanding as most I’ve viewed in this forum, I would like to land a position in the government sector. I do possess an AAS in Business Administration with a concentration and certifications in Logistics Management and Logistics Management Export Operations. If this is your area of expertise, I would like some insight on these areas. Ideally, a government position in Import/Export operations.

I’ve also done some moderate research on special needs clients in the Atlanta area. What agencies or websites could you recommend I contact or visit that may have facts and general demographic layouts of counties in need of twenty-four hour Mental Health facilities?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

elinds83 in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Shannon in Atlanta, Georgia said: Please don't move to Atlanta. I hate it here and am looking to move away as soon as I get the money. Very hard to find a job. The traffic is horrendous. People are unfriendly; won't even look at you when you walk by. The weather is sooo hot, humid and miserable in the summer. Cold in the winter, but no snow ever. If you are a single female, it is very hard to date. The men are dirt ugly. There is really nothing to do entertainment-wise. I recently went to Chicago and cried for a whole week when I got back from that beautiful, fabulous city only to come back to this awful mess.

OMG!!! please know that it's pretty much the same here if not worse. Entertainment, however, is pretty good as long as you have the money. Definately gotta have money to live in chicago. Chicago is a beautiful city, but the weather SUCKS- super ice cold snow in the winter and driving in it sucks!!Job market sucks here and everywhere throughout the country, no where is that much better- the whole country is in recession, not just certain states!!!

I think Atlanta has more to offer as far as living, it seems like you get WAY more for what you pay for compared to chicago. I mean an average 2 bedroom apt here is like $800-$900 and most of them are small and NOT updated at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Miz Marie in Homewood, Illinois

55 months ago

I've lived in the Chicago area my entire life and am planning to move to ATL as soon as I find employment. I've been researching and applying for positions for nearly a year now. I know networking is the key and "knowing" someone ... well that's always helpful. I'd appreciate any help as I'm tired of snow and cold. I'm confident a change is on the way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mwiza in Providence, Rhode Island

55 months ago

Hello there,
I'm new to this website and I'm also contemplating a move to Atlanta, the only problem is I don't know anyone there who can help (network) me to land a job.
I'd appreciate any help, please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Atl in Atco, New Jersey

55 months ago

is great dont>Benn her since 04 from jerz

bethany in Concord, Massachusetts

54 months ago

is atlanta really that bad? i applied to a job in union city...i mean everywhere you go there are bad areas or stuff happens but i'm looking for a fresh start and i'm praying this works out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ToddLPN in Douglasville, Georgia

54 months ago

Ok...for some odd reason, people started moving to Atlanta in the '90s. I have been here for 32 years and seen the changes. Apparently, there were many jobs here so people started moving mostly from up north. Well, here we are in 2010. The economy sucks everywhere yes, but Atlanta is no safe bet for anyone. We have had a higher lay off rate than the national average in 2009. We are one of the highest lay off cities in the country as of 2009. The people are still here so it is constantly congested. You will spend half your day on one job prospect I promise you. Also, according to a Reader's Digest study, we were in the top three congested cities in the nation I believe. The city has attractions, and the suburbs not too bad, but being close to the beach? no...Savannah is 4 hours away. close to the mountains? maybe...about an hour or two...I guess that isn't too bad....close to the country side? yeah...just go anywhere outside of the metro area, and you will be in the boonies until you reach another major city. I guess I am biased because I have lived here too long, but facts are facts:NO jobs....TOO MANY people! If that is what you want, go for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

ToddLPN in Douglasville, Georgia said: Ok...for some odd reason, people started moving to Atlanta in the '90s. I have been here for 32 years and seen the changes. Apparently, there were many jobs here so people started moving mostly from up north. Well, here we are in 2010. The economy sucks everywhere yes, but Atlanta is no safe bet for anyone. We have had a higher lay off rate than the national average in 2009. We are one of the highest lay off cities in the country as of 2009. The people are still here so it is constantly congested. You will spend half your day on one job prospect I promise you. Also, according to a Reader's Digest study, we were in the top three congested cities in the nation I believe. The city has attractions, and the suburbs not too bad, but being close to the beach? no...Savannah is 4 hours away. close to the mountains? maybe...about an hour or two...I guess that isn't too bad....close to the country side? yeah...just go anywhere outside of the metro area, and you will be in the boonies until you reach another major city. I guess I am biased because I have lived here too long, but facts are facts:NO jobs....TOO MANY people! If that is what you want, go for it!

Also,cost of living is high, and there are areas down south that are cheaper to live in. I never heard of "cost of living is what you make of it". It is actually a statistic of reality. For example, if you make say $30,000 and pay rent at $600, that is different than making $30,000 and paying $800 for rent right? Or, $2.50 for gas vs. $3.00? Anyway, we are still on the lower side of cost of living so that may benefit you in the longrun.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ronniedhenderson in Minneapolis, Minnesota

54 months ago

I was planning a move back to the ATL,i've lived there off and on once or twice back around the time of the middle of the 90's.My plans or to move back there,i;ve had a lot of success in finding employment when i lived their.I don't have a college degree,but i do speak spanish as a second language.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

momtnels in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

hello just reading through the blog and have gotten really scared about the move my family is thinking about making. I am interested in jobs with the federal government. if you can be of assistance it would be appreciated. email straightarrows@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

urban gypsy in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

Jan in Decatur, Georgia said: I just moved here it is hell. I did not have a job , but have a bachelor degree. It still has been hard to get on anywhere here. The hotel l stayed in for a week has drugs and prostitution quite different from the life l was use to coming from. I would advise anyone do not come unless you got a car, job, and a place to live or else you will suffer like hell. It is the hardest place I ever been to. Leaving asap.

I hate it here,too.I wish I had the money to move to NYC where I should have gone.Family is the reason for the move,so it was a very bad mistake for me.I hope to rectify that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

LOL in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

53 months ago

You people with your degrees,thinking that you are suppose to have a job drop in your lap r funny!Why the hell would you move somewhere knowing how bad the economy is with no job or unemployment from the state from which you came from???When i moved to Atlanta,i had all in place and moved from the hotel to a house in three weeks,your not doing that up north!Sometimes you have to eat crow if you want or need something to work.A degree is only a backup nowadays,where is your hustle or your spirit to be self employed,why dont you guys teach with all that education,instead of waiting and complaining.Atl has been goood to me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Angela Hale in Glenwood, Illinois

53 months ago

I agree. I just don't understand people relocating to another state without a job and housing available. No one wants to leave Illinois more than I do ... I'd be outta here today if I thought I could survive without a job. However, I am presently employed here, thank God for that, and won't budge until I find employment in another state of my choosing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Angela Hale in Glenwood, Illinois said: I agree. I just don't understand people relocating to another state without a job and housing available. No one wants to leave Illinois more than I do ... I'd be outta here today if I thought I could survive without a job. However, I am presently employed here, thank God for that, and won't budge until I find employment in another state of my choosing.

Many or most landlords will not rent to someone without a job or will insist on prepayment or the total amount of the lease in a security deposit.

People drink the media kool aid & up and move to a place that supposedly has the 'best job growth' or is a 'truely awesome city for singles &young people' yadda yadda. Look at Austin Texas for an example of this and then people complaining how they only find jobs paying $15 an hour despite there expectation (and sense of entitlement) that a non ivy league BA/BS degree entitles one to no less than six figures.

I want to move out of the Boston area and never look back. People aren't just rude here, they are downright hostile & nasty but I am not going to cash out the remainder of my savings to move to a place where unemployment is under 5%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts said: Many or most landlords will not rent to someone without a job or will insist on prepayment or the total amount of the lease in a security deposit.

People drink the media kool aid & up and move to a place that supposedly has the 'best job growth' or is a 'truely awesome city for singles &young people' yadda yadda. Look at Austin Texas for an example of this and then people complaining how they only find jobs paying $15 an hour despite there expectation (and sense of entitlement) that a non ivy league BA/BS degree entitles one to no less than six figures.

I want to move out of the Boston area and never look back. People aren't just rude here, they are downright hostile & nasty but I am not going to cash out the remainder of my savings to move to a place where unemployment is under 5%

no doubt...don't move until you have your ducks in a row. I am a nurse and could probably leave and find a job elsewhere, but I agree with previous posts here. The credentials are one thing. Having a job lined up is another. I have a job in the Atlanta area, and would like to leave someday. The only reason I am here is one: my job! and two: finishing my undergrad. If you don't like unemployment of 5% then Atlanta is not for you hehe...last time I heard it was 10.4%. Like I said before, go for it to anybody willing to take the risk. I think moving here at this time without a licensed, in demand skill is a set up for disaster!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mkode in Arlington Heights, Illinois

53 months ago

I am a former resident of Atlanta of 8 years who recently relocated to a suburb of Chicago. I will say that I left Atlanta for many of the same reasons as some of the above posters. Now that I have lived in both cities, I can tell you that there are certainly pros and cons to both! I love Chicago for the cultural amenities that it has to offer, however, I absolutely hate the extreme segregation that exists. Atlanta has a similar problem, however, it never seemed as bad since you could go anywhere in Atlanta-Metro and see diversity with exception to the outskirts of GA. However, these are just my personal gripes! My advice to the OP is to make sure that you research the city, housing and job market thoroughly BEFORE taking the plunge! Also, keep your expectations low because if you don't, you WILL be disappointed. Overall, Atlanta could provide a nice living if you go prepared financially. If you are expecting Atlanta to be a magical city, don't! ATL has issues too just like any other city, but with that being said, your experience is what YOU make of it anywhere you go! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Niyacleveoh

53 months ago

I'm a 34yr old single black woman with no children. I'm looking to relocate also. I've lived in cleve oh all my life and just really need change. I have a LPN license and have been slowly working toward my RN. How is the nursing field in ATL? Dating for an attractive 34yr old woman whose clock is ticking? And also the safest neighborhood with rent of about 700$? Should I come to ATL? I've also been thinking of Houston and North Carolina. I heard NC is kinda slow. Houston is real far from 51yr old momma. I jus really need change...mayb happiness is in another state cuz it damn sho aint here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mkode in Sylvania, Ohio

53 months ago

Niyacleveoh, DO NOT come to ATL if you are looking for a husband! Go elsewhere, seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

play in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

Niyacleveoh said: I'm a 34yr old single black woman with no children. I'm looking to relocate also. I've lived in cleve oh all my life and just really need change. I have a LPN license and have been slowly working toward my RN. How is the nursing field in ATL? Dating for an attractive 34yr old woman whose clock is ticking? And also the safest neighborhood with rent of about 700$? Should I come to ATL? I've also been thinking of Houston and North Carolina. I heard NC is kinda slow. Houston is real far from 51yr old momma. I jus really need change...mayb happiness is in another state cuz it damn sho aint here.

I understand that you looking for a mate to settled down with maybe you might need a change but dont do for the wrong reason maybe what type of guy you are looking for may not exiz so you need to subtract something what you looking for in a man. And maybe moving might be the key because I have a whole lots of cousin and bothers who looking for a mate to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Niyacleveoh

53 months ago

play in Atlanta, Georgia said: I understand that you looking for a mate to settled down with maybe you might need a change but dont do for the wrong reason maybe what type of guy you are looking for may not exiz so you need to subtract something what you looking for in a man. And maybe moving might be the key because I have a whole lots of cousin and bothers who looking for a mate to.

Wow yall got me pegged right. I am in search of a mate...also nicer weather but mostly a mate. I guess it's an epidemic for black women. I talked to a man for 6yrs here. Then another for 3. No serious commitment from either...just waisted time and eggs. But I don't want to giv up on love. I'm thinking maybe he's in another state. I don't kno what to do. I feel unhappy. I kno a man doesn't define you but it is on the hierarchy of needs lol! And men approach me daily but like 95% of them are a hell no. The other 5% may hav a wife, 5ft4in, or I'm not attracted ti him at all, or much older, or lives with mom...its always somethn

Glo in Orlando, Florida

53 months ago

play in Atlanta, Georgia said: I understand that you looking for a mate to settled down with maybe you might need a change but dont do for the wrong reason maybe what type of guy you are looking for may not exiz so you need to subtract something what you looking for in a man. And maybe moving might be the key because I have a whole lots of cousin and bothers who looking for a mate to.

I am a single black female planning on moving to ga are your cousins and brothers interested in talking now?

joyenjoy in Cumming, Georgia

53 months ago

What about going to New Orleans? What a fun, city.. I wish I could live there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

play in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

Yes! If you are serious about talking to them I can probally hook you up win are you moving to ga

Glo in Orlando, Florida

53 months ago

play in Atlanta, Georgia said: Yes! If you are serious about talking to them I can probally hook you up win are you moving to ga

I am serious but Hopefully sometime next year I have a myspace N facebook..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glo in Orlando, Florida

53 months ago

play in Atlanta, Georgia said: Ok! so you want to go on my face book and look you up let me know how you want to meet him and so he can me you

Yeah email me and I will let you know how to find me glo.spea@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

warrendonnie82@yahoo.com in Winston Salem, North Carolina

52 months ago

i'm looking to move to atlanta and i'm interested in federal jobs there, and i'm a veteran. So, if you can help me with that i will surely be grateful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kim in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

hello my name is kim. i have two children i want to make that move to atl also. but dont know where to start. i would like to move by summer of 2011. im currently working at a hospital as a communications specialist and would like to do it in atl. email me with what u think i should do ok thanks.

br in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Reading all the post really there are mixed conflicting answers. I have been researching ATL and really there are so many similar issues with it as with other cities. I wanted to move to ATL 5 years ago but was not able to. Now , I have the flexibility to do so, but what is being said concerns me because it think as a outsider we are looking for some facts not just unverified opinions. Are there other resources available that can direct relocators? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

klexous in Stockbridge, Georgia

48 months ago

Me, my husband and two children have been in Georgia for 11 months. My husband works, I just found a pt job doing something that I am not used to, my 16 yr old loves it here. We moved from Indiana. This is the worst place to try and come up. The jobs are scarce, little pay, its very different. Its hot & humid in the summer. You cant even enjoy the summer. I thought we would love this climate, but it turned out to be a disaster. We seen a big black snake in our basement, they have all types of crazy looking bugs here. We are miserable but we have to wait until our 16 yr old daughter graduates until we move back

br in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

kim in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: hello my name is kim. i have two children i want to make that move to atl also. but dont know where to start. i would like to move by summer of 2011. im currently working at a hospital as a communications specialist and would like to do it in atl. email me with what u think i should do ok thanks.

Hey, Kim whatever information you receive would you communicate it to me and I will do the same.
Thanks

Color Laser in Atlanta, Georgia

47 months ago

br in Los Angeles, California said: Oh, I am sorry that it has proven to be a unhappy experience for you. I am looking to move to Georgia but first will be comming up to check out everything in a couple of months. Now, I currently live in Los Angeles and everything is so expensive and I can't seem to be able to make ends meet. I am employed and it dose'nt make much difference where I live , so that is not the problem. I just have moved to so many different places that I want somewhere where I can be permanent. So how is the rest of Atlanta.. the people , the prices.....?

Hello everyone, I have lived in ATL my whole life, mostly in Fulton County. Atlanta has a little something for most people. I'm in my 20's and live within the city limits of Atlanta, GA. Atlanta is a huge and i mean huge, metro area. If someone lives outside the city limits, they are not really in ATL. ITs amazes me that people who are used to living in other major ciites, move to metro areas of ATL and think that it will be bustling and vibrant. THis is NOT THE CASE.

If your looking for culture, hip, trendy, cosmo, entertainment et cetera then make sure you move to East ATlanta Village, Midtown, Downtown, Buckhead. There are singles & families here. If you move outside the city, of course there will be less stuff to do and more FAMILIES. Cost of living is from $650-$1200 for apartments intown.

I consider myself a open and tolerant person so I dont mind people who are totally different from me for the most part. I would like a change and have been kinda playing with the idea of moving.

If anyone has any questions, maybe i can answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

kalli in Loganville, Georgia

47 months ago

to the person asking about an official place to look into moving to atlanta. Go to the website Knowatlanta.com lots of great info about moving so you can get a general idea on everything. I hope this helps.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.