Experienced RN looking for position in GA

Comments (7)

Rbrooks1 in Powder Springs, Georgia

71 months ago

cowgirl56 said: I am a Registered Nurse with 20+ years of experience looking for a position in GA. I have worked in several different areas, but my most recent was a Charge RN on a Med/Surg/Tele unit in Texas. Can anyone assist me? Have been putting in applications on line, but with no luck. I don't really understand this since there is a nursing shortage. I am willing to relocate and learn new skills. Please email me at ivrn18@aol.com. Thank you.

I also am having the same problem. I relocated from California 3 month ago and have not had any luck- let me know we you find- I am an a 20+ year experience nurse. derebrooks @ verizon.net

Kgirl in Stockbridge, Georgia

61 months ago

I recently graduated nursing school and have applied to many of the various hospitals with no response from them. My mother is also a RN, originally from NY with 20+ years experience and is having the same problem. It seems as though they are a bit discriminatory about hiring people who are not born and raised in Georgia.

bestein54@yahoo.com in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

cowgirl56 said: I am a Registered Nurse with 20+ years of experience looking for a position in GA. I have worked in several different areas, but my most recent was a Charge RN on a Med/Surg/Tele unit in Texas. Can anyone assist me? Have been putting in applications on line, but with no luck. I don't really understand this since there is a nursing shortage. I am willing to relocate and learn new skills. Please email me at ivrn18@aol.com. Thank you.

I am a rn who recently relocated to GA. Have you checked contacted the GA Board Nursing before attempting to practice in GA. I strongly advise you to.

55 months ago

Rbrooks1 in Powder Springs, Georgia said: I also am having the same problem. I relocated from California 3 month ago and have not had any luck- let me know we you find- I am an a 20+ year experience nurse. derebrooks @ verizon.net

I relocated to Ga also. Having 20+n years of practice. The Board of Nursig is strict. You may need to have 350 Hour Preceptorship per the Board.

55 months ago

Kgirl in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I recently graduated nursing school and have applied to many of the various hospitals with no response from them. My mother is also a RN, originally from NY with 20+ years experience and is having the same problem. It seems as though they are a bit discriminatory about hiring people who are not born and raised in Georgia.

I am in the same situation..relocated to Ga..20 years + experience...trouble with the GA Board of Nursing. The law passsed in 2009 has iron clad resistent. I advise all nurses who have relcated to GA to check with the Board before attempting to practice.

sheila in Douglasville, Georgia

37 months ago

The hospice agency I work have been looking for a nurse with at least 5 years experience to assume the role of a DON. They have interviewed some applicants but none with more than 5 years experience and they are still looking. I am surprised that you are having a hard time with 20+ years under your belt. Such experience is legendary!

bienvenue mulumi in Macomb, Michigan

34 months ago

i am looking for job tachnecal alectrecal
experience me working to dajaco industries michigan.to africa me working to societe national electricite.coleger:ingegneur tachnecal alectrecal

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.