Moving to Augusta - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Augusta, Georgia

83 months ago

I came from the Northwest, Washington State to be exact. We moved via a Penske Truck. I can't wait to move back to the west coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I'am doing differently now is putting into motion a goal of moving back home where people are less self absorbed and less in your face especially about religion and racisim, I had no idea it would be so thickly laid as it is here, ........... It is uncomfortable here to say the least.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Grovetown, Georgia

80 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

I came from Florida. Sold my house, quit my job, pulled my son out of high school and moved myself here. I had checked on jobs via internet and thru friends, and felt there would not be a problem, especially with my extensive background in Defense contracts. Two years and 3 temporary jobs later, I have yet to land a permanent job, even with a laundry-list of credentials and experience! I am either "over-qualified" or only know 6 out 7 disciplines rolled into one job description. I actually love the area, but I still need to work. I too have a goal to leave here, preferably to the Carolinas where my type of jobs are abundant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.