Job search in Austin?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Austin?

Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Austin, Texas

77 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Austin?

Indeed.com is the best job search in Austin! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jamcad in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

77 months ago

Kevin, since you are in Austin, could you advise as to who the mechanical contractors are in that area. I'm looking primarily to talk with companies heavily ensconced in the Silicon industry. These would work projects in AMD, Motorola, Samsung and the like.
A search here is helpful but in no way tells me which doors to be looking at let alone which ones to knock on. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Jerry, please let me know if you find anything useful out there. I am looking for the same type of work in Austin as you. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cliff in Austin, Texas

77 months ago

Jamcad in Rio Rancho, New Mexico said: Kevin, since you are in Austin, could you advise as to who the mechanical contractors are in that area. I'm looking primarily to talk with companies heavily ensconced in the Silicon industry. These would work projects in AMD, Motorola, Samsung and the like.
A search here is helpful but in no way tells me which doors to be looking at let alone which ones to knock on. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

call JMEG or Titus Electrical, they are the two big industrial contractors. Texas is a right to work state, so no Unions here.

77 months ago

Thanks for the company leads Cliff. But I beg to differ with you about there being no unions in Texas. I was a member of Pipefitters Local Union # 211 in Houston, Texas for 11 years and know for a fact that the unions are very much alive and well in all of Texas. The main reason for my postings on this and other similar forums is that I have been able to find info on the union contractors around Austin only.
That said I have worked for open shop contractors there such as Casteel Fire Protection (Hi Gary!) but I am currently looking for something geared more towards High-Purity Tube fabrication or anything where Orbital Welding is utilized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joynerbrian@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida

72 months ago

[Edited by Host] Please do not post resumes in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

joynerbrian@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida

72 months ago

Im looking for a position in the construction trade, particularly for project manager, and or estimator. If you have any leads please forward to my email; joynerbrian@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

juan pena in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

Jerry said: I would like to see an answer to this myself. I am looking to relocate to the Austin area within the next 6 months and would like to have some clue as to where to begin a work search.
I would really like to know who are the contractors in that area who do the High Purity pipe fabrication around town. I'm looking for contractors in need of IR welders, Orbital welders, and High Purity tube bending/fabricating.
I am not a union member at this time but who knows what the future may bring.
if you are looking for tube welder,s or orbitl welder,s and also bending fabrication for contractor,s for a job. let me were maybe we can work some thing out. contact at my cell
[Edited by Host] or my home number [Edited by Host] or EMAIL J.PENA91@HOTMAIL.COM

***Message from Host***
Contact info deleted Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
www.indeed.com/my/profile Also please be cautious when sending your information to anyone on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sandy

70 months ago

I'm looking for a retail management position in or near Bastrop, TX. I will be relocating there in early 2009. I have 8 years experience as a manager for a retail grocer in the columbus, ohio market. Anyone have a good idea where to start looking for such a position? Thanks in advance for any help offered!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Christian Ortega in Walpole, Massachusetts

69 months ago

Hi! Im lookin the area TX Austin or dallas to move wiyh my family. Im a combo welder & Pipe welder. Is posible tell the oportunities in that area for welders?
Is Growing that trade in that area? Cost of live? Thanks for you answer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

If I ever make it back to Austin, I'll let you know. I can't help you with Dallas. Not my kinda place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James in Austin, Texas

69 months ago

joynerbrian@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida said: Im looking for a position in the construction trade, particularly for project manager, and or estimator. If you have any leads please forward to my email; joynerbrian@yahoo.com

Brian, are you PMP Certified?

Brian Joyner in Hollywood, Florida

69 months ago

No I am not PMP Certified, but my education and experience should qualify me for any position. I have over 22 years in the trade..

juan pena in Houston, Texas

69 months ago

call this number this well help you out . they do lot of orbital welding and manual tube and pipe welding all automatic tig welding. for offshore welding. this is there name. acute technological services, inc. in houston texas [Edited by Host] i hope it help,s anyone

***Message from Host***
Contact info deleted Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
www.indeed.com/my/profile Also please be cautious when sending your information to anyone on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

VTR in Orange, California

63 months ago

Volt Technical Resources are the #1 Hi Tech Recruiting Agency in Austin, Texas - Austin Business Journal

Also recognized by FORTUNE Magazine as One of America’s Most Admired Companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HIMABINDU GERA in Austin, Texas

59 months ago

Hi

I am looking for Websphere admin job in austin,TX can any one help me out.right now I am out of work.

I would be appreciate your help
Thanks,
Bindu.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jackh in Austin, Texas

58 months ago

Definitely use Indeed :)

Kim- in Rancho Cucamonga, California

58 months ago

I would like to move to Austin, TX is the very near future. I am a new graduate in Echocardiography (echo Tech). I have very little experience and i am having a very hard time getting into the field. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am willing to work in hospitals, doc offices, clinics etc. I must find work first!
KJ
kimjonesca@aol.com

ROBERT PHILLIPS JR in milpitas, California

58 months ago

HELP!!!
I moved to seattle 3 months ago in search of work. I am an experienced general construction laborer. I have flagging certificate and cpr card. I have been out of work 8 months,
My wife is sick and I need a job. I need any advice.Please give me feedback. I know everyone has their own story, but I need a
life jacket before we sink.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bethc in Austin, Texas

57 months ago

I live in Austin and I am currently looking for a job in marketing. I have a 10+ years in direct marketing and marketing analysis. Anyone have any job leads for me?

57 months ago

I am still in New Mexico looking for Pipe Fitter/Orbital welder work in or near Austin, Texas. The biggest problem I am experiencing is in attempting to find out who the contractors are in that area. This would be companies doing Chill Water piping for example. High Purity Stainless tubing or any of the tool exhaust piping which would utilize Orbital Welding would also apply here.
I am curently working "Open Shop" but I am looking into Union membership. Though I am still not sure if I will go that route. I have been working this trade for 32 years with no one helping me secure a job. That makes it hard for me to justify the expense of Union membership...But ya never know.

Khani in Pompano Beach, Florida

55 months ago

I am looking to relocate the Austin area . Im looking for a job in the financial services industry . Preferrably financing cars .

I also have managed a weight lost center as well as a pay day advance company.

Ahy help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Insurance Pro in Round Rock, Texas

55 months ago

Kevin in Austin, Texas said: Indeed.com is the best job search in Austin! :)

Launch Pad Job Club
Fridays
Consulting Solutions.Net
1016 La Posada
Ste #280
Austin Texas

launchpadjobclub.org/

Craig Lavery in Flint, Michigan

54 months ago

Hi all,
I am a current Michigander relocating to the Austin, TX area in the next month or less (previous Texan). I have 15 years experience in the quality field. (quality assurance/control)does anyone know of any companies that are currently hiring in the quality arena. I also have extensive experience in customer service such as customer quality Field representative. Have dealt with automotive manufactures in the past but would be open to any industry.

Khani in Pompano Beach, Florida

54 months ago

Best of luck really, I too have been trying to relocate to Aystin . Altho I hear it a booming market there
no hits here !

juan in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Jamcad in Rio Rancho, New Mexico said: I am still in New Mexico looking for Pipe Fitter/Orbital welder work in or near Austin, Texas. The biggest problem I am experiencing is in attempting to find out who the contractors are in that area. This would be companies doing Chill Water piping for example. High Purity Stainless tubing or any of the tool exhaust piping which would utilize Orbital Welding would also apply here.
I am curently working "Open Shop" but I am looking into Union membership. Though I am still not sure if I will go that route. I have been working this trade for 32 years with no one helping me secure a job. That makes it hard for me to justify the expense of Union membership...But ya never know.

hello my is juan im looking for contract work for orbital tube and manual tube welding any where. me and a few buddy,s of mine are welder,s looking for contract work.

gary

50 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Austin?

Dude, good luck. I have been welding a long time and have tried on two occasions to find welding work in Austin. I currently live in Pt. Lavaca, Tx. I hate to disappoint you but finding work as a welder in Austin is tough. Even if by some miracle you do find a welding job, it will not pay scale. And the cost of living? Austin has the most expensive cost of living in the state. Austin has become a megalopolis and it's a madhouse. Houston, Corpus Christi, etc. The coastal areas is where all the work will be. And the biggest benefit of all is that you don't have to live in Austin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Pt. Lavaca? Mom & Dad lived there in their later years. Little brother still living there. He's at Formosa where Dad once worked & also taught some Instrumentation.
I have some possibles around Austin in QA/QC, mostly at Samsung but nothing firm yet. Still have some loose ends to be trimmed here before I can move back home to Texas.
I know Harris county still has the lions share or the work but I don't think I could live any closer to the Gulf than Austin again. I love the hill country but the C.O.L. is exorbitant as you said.

carey edwards in Austin, Texas

48 months ago

I am on Indeed.com everyday, probably a best job board choice for many, but very few leads there for me, searching for Media Relations or Community Media Coordinator jobs in Austin. 25 years experience in Broadcast Media and I can't get one interview. Very frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

WSult in Walnut Creek, California

46 months ago

Any orbital, pvdf, etc. welders looking for work in Austin area please contact Will at wsult@mac.com. We will have a need for a few positions shortly after the 4th of July holiday.

juan in Houston, Texas

46 months ago

well how are you.im in need of a job lay off about a few month,s im from houston tx area. my skill,s in the welding field are manual tig on tube and pipe. orbital tube pipe welding with 227 ami automatic model. also 207ami autogenous tube welding.subsea contorl,s technologies welding. in welding subsea tree flying lead,s,bilical,socket,coupeler,s and butt welding. i have a few of my old qualification,s what i was qualification in but dont know if that mean,s anything for any job, out there.if anybody can help me out to find a job you can email me j.pena91@hotmail.com or email j.pena91@yahoo.com thank you for helping me out.

Brandon in Austin, Texas

45 months ago

I wouldn't say that it is a permanent fix, but it can definitely help earn you a little bit of money in between jobs. I work for a media research company that tests various media platforms in North Austin. In most cases we have participants watch about an hour of television and then fill out a brief survey. We offer about $20 an hour for your input, and based on participant reviews, most people find the experience pretty enjoyable. If you are interested in participating you can visit our Web site at themediapanel.com. The sign up code is FRIEND. Good luck to all of you hunting for jobs, and I help this can offer a little help in the mean time.

Kara75 in Georgetown, Texas

36 months ago

I'm not certain exactly what type of job you are looking for, but Lehman Associates is an excellent Austin Executive search option. You can find their contact info here: www.lehmanassociates.com

They also do recruitment for Dallas and San Antonio which are also really nice places on the Texas I-35 corridor.

Lisa19 in New York, New York

27 months ago

Hi,

I am relocating to Austin, TX from NYC. I am looking to continue my career in Sales Administration with a reputable company or willing to start a new exciting career while licing in Austin. Please direct me to any head hunter agencies or any other leads that you may know about. I can be reached via email at mslikalemon@gmail.com.

Lisa19 in New York, New York

27 months ago

juan in Houston, Texas said: well how are you.im in need of a job lay off about a few month,s im from houston tx area. my skill,s in the welding field are manual tig on tube and pipe. orbital tube pipe welding with 227 ami automatic model. also 207ami autogenous tube welding.subsea contorl,s technologies welding. in welding subsea tree flying lead,s,bilical,socket,coupeler,s and butt welding. i have a few of my old qualification,s what i was qualification in but dont know if that mean,s anything for any job, out there.if anybody can help me out to find a job you can email me j.pena91@hotmail.com or email j.pena91@yahoo.com thank you for helping me out.

--------------
I am also relocating to Austin, TX. Was you able to find anything? Any leads? Any head hunter agencies? Any information will be helpful?

thanks

Bever B in Fessenden, North Dakota

20 months ago

being a born Texan, but then relocating there at one time from the East Coast I can say to people hoping to make it in Austin , that if you take the effort to join the Austin community, integrate yourself into your environment and work hard you can gain the respect of your co workers and neighbors. This valuable component of your lifestyle can make you or break you in Austin.

Example: I showed up for work at an engineering firm for several months in heavy formal clothes and a stuffy attitude, and almost lost my position as the other people in that office didn't like my style. Even being born Texan wasn't going to save my position, I needed to lighten up and 'join the family' so to speak

good luck to all in Austin, TX
it is a wonderful place to be

Thomas in Bellevue, Washington

16 months ago

I would like to relocate to Austin TX from Seattle, WA. I am looking for IT work mainly in the Cisco Technology or Networking\Technology Management. Does anyone know of local agencies in the area that can assist me in finding work in the Austin area. Thanks tcronk_31@yahoo.com

Clint in Pflugerville, Texas

10 months ago

The Austin job market is one of the healthiest around because of the work to recruit businesses here that the Austin Chamber is doing. Just saw an interesting presentation about it at a Business Networking International meeting.

The skilled labor market in Austin is tight. If you have some skills with cabinetry or finishing look into www.madcabs.net/ as a possible place to ply your skills.

Juan pena in Houston, Texas

6 months ago

I'm looking to start a small weld shop in tig welding . Pipe tubeing what ever get me the contract to be gain a job super duplex stainless 316l all tig welding . Email j.pena91@yahoo.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.