Moving to Austin - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

sandy

53 months ago

I am moving to Austin this Friday. I have 15 years in the grocery retail business (9 years as a manager). How hard is it going to be for me to find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lookiong for job in Austin, Texas

46 months ago

sandy said: I am moving to Austin this Friday. I have 15 years in the grocery retail business (9 years as a manager). How hard is it going to be for me to find a job?

Very hard dude ,e si NO job here in UAtin Texas ther

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

COTTON CANDY in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

i moved to to austin with my family. I got here n the greyhound. And i would live different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

37 months ago

Are you moving without a job lined up?? be prepared for the third degree from HR & recruiters on why you would do such a thing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robynartist in Round Rock, Texas

37 months ago

Don't be discouraged. There are positions available. You may have to do a bit of hunting, but someone with your qualifications can probably be hired on at Central Market or Whole Foods, for starters...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

robynartist in Round Rock, Texas

37 months ago

sandy said: I am moving to Austin this Friday. I have 15 years in the grocery retail business (9 years as a manager). How hard is it going to be for me to find a job?

Don't be discouraged! There are jobs. With your experience, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I recommend that you start calling ahead so you can hit the ground running when you get here. Whole Foods, H-E-B, Sprouts, Sunflower, Sun Harvest are some of the stores... Fiesta and Randalls, as well..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

Not sure if this will help or not but I run a Texas job board called www.staffingtexas.net . We cover jobs from all of Texas and it's surrounding areas.
Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.