DO NOT WORK FOR CARDINAL HEALTH

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Robbby in Halethorpe, Maryland

76 months ago

Cardinal Health is a perfect example of today's Corporate America's outlook, concept, and treatment towards their employees. There is no loyalty to long term hard working employees, no respect,no consideration, and surely no rewards to be considered. Overtime.Cardinal continues to take away medical and other benefits each year, and the cost of the benefits that are offered continue to esculate for the employees.Turn over is high due to losing tenored employees (due to mistreatment), which benefits Cardinal by hiring cheeper and lower costing new employees.Basically, no matter how many years of service an employee has dedicated to Cardinal Health, how good your performance is, what you have accoplished for Cardinal Health, the amount of self and family sacrifice you have endured, an employee is just another entry on the financial statements.
The job postings for a distribution person states that the average annual income is $44,000, this is a FALSE statement. The average annual income is $35,000, the other $9,000 is based on Overtime.I am a former employee of Cardinal Health with well over 15 years of service, I have been apart and a witness to all of the info contained in this message. I no longer work for Cardinal Health, and further more, I would never work for any company with the same concepts and direction that Cardinal Health has chosen to take towards their business and more importantly, towards their EMPLOYEES !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

zee in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

Robbby,

Thanks for the comments! Do u know any health care firms that treat better, at least better than CAH or MCk??

Regs,
Zee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Former employee with alot of mouths to f in Essex, Maryland

71 months ago

DO NOT work for ALKO DISTRIBUTORS The Owner Thomas Pappagallo admits to stearling his employees pay and the goverments taxes to help as he stated to BUILD his company,A real Crook said he only did that to certain employees to help build his company. I told him yea you stole from the employees with 5 and 6children that needed their jod and could not do anything about it his statement was IT IS MY COMPANY I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT. What a Crook along with his V.P.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rosa Nunez in Waukegan, Illinois

67 months ago

I currently work for Cardinal Health and have been with this company for 7 years. I can honestly say im happy here it is a great company!I have a friend who seeked better and now admits he took advantage of how good he had it at Cardinal. In fact the place he went to shut down. He has since been hired at Owens and Minor and says he applied there because he wanted to work for a good company like Cardinal!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

jayf in Baltimore, Maryland

65 months ago

Prejudice against women still exist
I tried to hire a women in INK and COATING company
in the Odenton area. The plant manager in 2001
mentioned that JAPANESE companies do not
hire women for manager positions in the lab

I felt bad for the former Adhesive Research women (MARY)
who had experience in paper chemistry
who could not replace me

I felt even worse when the EEOC would not look into this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HQ in Temple City, California

64 months ago

Robbby in Halethorpe, Maryland said: Cardinal Health is a perfect example of today's Corporate America's outlook, concept, and treatment towards their employees. There is no loyalty to long term hard working employees, no respect,no consideration, and surely no rewards to be considered. Overtime.Cardinal continues to take away medical and other benefits each year, and the cost of the benefits that are offered continue to esculate for the employees.Turn over is high due to losing tenored employees (due to mistreatment), which benefits Cardinal by hiring cheeper and lower costing new employees.Basically, no matter how many years of service an employee has dedicated to Cardinal Health, how good your performance is, what you have accoplished for Cardinal Health, the amount of self and family sacrifice you have endured, an employee is just another entry on the financial statements.
The job postings for a distribution person states that the average annual income is $44,000, this is a FALSE statement. The average annual income is $35,000, the other $9,000 is based on Overtime.I am a former employee of Cardinal Health with well over 15 years of service, I have been apart and a witness to all of the info contained in this message. I no longer work for Cardinal Health, and further more, I would never work for any company with the same concepts and direction that Cardinal Health has chosen to take towards their business and more importantly, towards their EMPLOYEES !!

If what you said is true, then how did you survive in those past 15yrs of service at Cardinal. I, myself very much don't like working for a company that does not value employee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

josh - actually in Columbus, not MI in Grand Rapids, Michigan

62 months ago

I noticed that cardinal health always has a posting up for AS/400 support in Columbus, Ohio.

It's been the same way over at least 7 years, +.

I do not believe I'd ever work for a company that can't keep an I.T. position filled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rebel in Kansas City, Missouri

41 months ago

im a current cardinal health for me ive quit better jobs uve been there almost 3 yrs and it has gotten worse they treat the employees badly the benefits r good but the pay is sad they give u a performance review but ist all bout how well ur liked and if ue had 2 miss some work so its a attendance review ny1 thinkin bout applyin do urself a favor run as fast as u can the other way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

joycoach in Columbus, Ohio

35 months ago

Rosa Nunez in Waukegan, Illinois said: I currently work for Cardinal Health and have been with this company for 7 years. I can honestly say im happy here it is a great company!I have a friend who seeked better and now admits he took advantage of how good he had it at Cardinal. In fact the place he went to shut down. He has since been hired at Owens and Minor and says he applied there because he wanted to work for a good company like Cardinal!

I'm thinking of joining Cardinal Health. I'm wondering if you would be willing to post the specific things you like about the culture, as well as some things that really bug you. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

jayf in Baltimore, Maryland said: Prejudice against women still exist
I tried to hire a women in INK and COATING company
in the Odenton area. The plant manager in 2001
mentioned that JAPANESE companies do not
hire women for manager positions in the lab

I felt bad for the former Adhesive Research women (MARY)
who had experience in paper chemistry
who could not replace me

I felt even worse when the EEOC would not look into this

Are you still with Cardinal now? Has anything improved? Do you see this as something that management tacitly ignores, or is it a local culture thing that management is not changing? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

rebel in Kansas City, Missouri said: im a current cardinal health for me ive quit better jobs uve been there almost 3 yrs and it has gotten worse they treat the employees badly the benefits r good but the pay is sad they give u a performance review but ist all bout how well ur liked and if ue had 2 miss some work so its a attendance review ny1 thinkin bout applyin do urself a favor run as fast as u can the other way

I'm really sorry you had such a draining experience. It is hard to work in a place where people don't consider data such as work well done as much as they do emotion - who likes whom. Are you still with them? I hope you are in a better place where your boss really appreciates you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BruinBoys in Palatine, Illinois

35 months ago

Well i've worked for Cardinal for 8 years and i love it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

mlr777 in Laurel, Maryland

33 months ago

Rosa Nunez in Waukegan, Illinois said: I currently work for Cardinal Health and have been with this company for 7 years. I can honestly say im happy here it is a great company!I have a friend who seeked better and now admits he took advantage of how good he had it at Cardinal. In fact the place he went to shut down. He has since been hired at Owens and Minor and says he applied there because he wanted to work for a good company like Cardinal!

owens and minor isnt a great place either they dont care about their workers either, i know i saw what they did to my husband after being there over 20 yrs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Boston, Massachusetts

31 months ago

I worked for Cardinal Health for 4 years in Dublin, OH in the I.T. I must say that the mentality is to squeeze you as an employee and make you work like a dog. They are always trailing on adopting new technologies, heavily reliant on contractors, and the managements does not care for employees. You have no value for you as a person; you're just a body doing work. The insurance cost for employees keeps going up. ESPP was discontinued, despite the company making money. The insurance coverage is very poor for what you pay for it.

The day I left Cardinal, I felt like getting out of jail. If you do not want to die from work related stress, do yourself a favor and consider something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

warehouse justice in Shorewood, Illinois

26 months ago

Cardinal is the worst company ever, if they see you speak your mind and disagree with their unfair treatment, they find a way to fire you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

not gonna take it no more in san fernando, California

14 months ago

i agree with the comments about Cardinal Health. The mistreatment of employees is unbelievable. if you dont kiss ass or are a suck up your pretty much stuck. the pay rate sucks not to mention they want soo much out of you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Seeker in Marysville, Ohio

13 months ago

I see so much negativity but I know many people laid off this year who would kill to go back to Dublin HQ, why so much of a disconnect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

It may depend on what part of Dublin HQ one works at. There were certainly groups that flourished and that I would have been proud to join. And the new parts of the building were lovely - just the old parts were dirty, dingy grey. But there definitely were some toxic groups particularly in the toxic parts of the campus. Those are the ones that cause such a strong reaction I think. I only know that I have lost 30 pounds since being laid off and I have joy again in my profession after a year of being drained of all energy and hope. I only hope that others who leave or are laid off find a more compatible place to be without too much emotional or financial impact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy West in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

9 months ago

I was just called by michelle in dublin, oh for a lead distributor position in baltimore about 10 minutes ago. give me the low down on whose who

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Astoria, New York

8 months ago

I am a current employee in the kinray facility in whitestone New York.Let me start off by saying that in my 25 years in the working field i have never seen such incompetent management in my life.This company does not value its employees the pay sucks and its like your in the military working for this company.Deception deception deception.Its the outlook of todays corporate America.If you make too much money they get rid of you and if they want to get rid of you believe me they will find a way.Been there for 5 years but the last year has been hell.These people have the common sense of a 12 year old yet they run a billion dollar a year business? If anyone is reading this LOOK ELSEWHERE if you are looking for employment.Have to work to support my 2 kids but i am looking for another job but it is rough to get one because the demand is so high.But sometimes i just say to myself is this really worth it?? There is got to be something better out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Big Red in Columbus, Ohio

7 months ago

I've worked in the IT department Cardinal Health for almost three years now, and they've been really great to me. If you show up, and do your job well, they'll be good to you. But if you show up and expect to move up by doing so-so work, then you're not going to go far. I've worked in the IT field in central Ohio for 12 years and Cardinal Health is the best company I've worked for. In three years, I've been promoted twice and I'm up for three other promotions as I type this. I was on a team that was downsized and instead of laying us off, they found other positions for us to move to. They don't lay off unless they absolutely have to. If you have a good work ethic and you're career driven, I'd definitely recommend working for Cardinal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

justmyopinion in Owings Mills, Maryland

6 months ago

joycoach in Columbus, Ohio said: It may depend on what part of Dublin HQ one works at. There were certainly groups that flourished and that I would have been proud to join. And the new parts of the building were lovely - just the old parts were dirty, dingy grey. But there definitely were some toxic groups particularly in the toxic parts of the campus. Those are the ones that cause such a strong reaction I think. I only know that I have lost 30 pounds since being laid off and I have joy again in my profession after a year of being drained of all energy and hope. I only hope that others who leave or are laid off find a more compatible place to be without too much emotional or financial impact.

I think it definitely depends on where you work. I worked in Dublin for 2 1/2 yrs. When I was gearing up to move across the country, in order to keep me, they worked it out for me to work out of the office in Pasadena. I did not work in that warehouse but rather worked remotely out of that office. I did that for another 2 + yrs. I had a fair amount of freedom and did a good job for them in return. The only downside is that opps for promotion were not really present in this office-away from Dublin HQ.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raymond A Velez in Kew Gardens, New York

5 months ago

I worked for one week and ran for the hills. I was told I was working in the warehouse, forklift, receiving. They stuck me in order picking with threats I had to stay for overtime and more days than I booked. working with South American immigrants all over the place. caged in like an animal and threatened not to steal the tooth brushes or Spice deodorants. you have to work fast like a slave(run Forest run) you gringo pendejo. I feel so sorry for America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

The best was when the supervisor told me you cant leave without telling me. The most demoralizing, dehumanizing job I think I ever had for 10.00 an hour. Long live Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras.

5 months ago

Soy Mexicano Puerto Riqueno Segundo jeneracion.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.