my husband's adoption 36 years ago

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Nicki Peasley in Richmond, Virginia

82 months ago

On December 19, 1970, my husband, Mike, was born in Binghamton, NY and we are currently searching for his birth parents. Broome County Social Services and Tioga Family Court handled his adoption. Mike loves his adoptive family deeply and his life with me and our children is full and happy, but since he became a father he has experienced a growing need to know his biological parents. He has registerd with the New York State Adoption registry, but has only received non-identifying information about his birth parents. We know that they were 20 and 21 years of age at the time of his birth. They were both Roman Catholic and of German/Irish descent. At the time, his mother was a bookeeper and his father was a college student and an employee at a lumber company.

I realize this is a strange post on a community forum board, but I have a strong feeling that Mike's birth mother is still in Binghamton... and perhaps she or some one close to her might read this and feel the desire to make a connection. My husband is an amazing man, kind and generous, a wonderful husband and father with piercing blue/green eyes. He is not seeking an intense relationship with his birth family. He just wants to know them and to have an understanding of his roots, of where he came from.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jane doe in Johnson City, New York

65 months ago

My mother is searching for her birth parents as well. Since your husbands biological parents were from Binghamton there's a chance that they could have attended Binghamton High School. You could find what year his parents would have graduated and look for his father, of course using his last name, in the year books at the library. From there you would be many open doors knowing both the first and last name of his father. Schools also hold records of past students so checking out the school for some old records would be helpful too and ask if he had any siblings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.