Best companies to work for in Birmingham?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Birmingham? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

katgrlryder in dc, District of Columbia

87 months ago

hi. has anyone provided you with information on this? I am also interested to know about the employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Doe in Birmingham, Alabama

70 months ago

Southern company. The largest provider of electricity in the US. We own Alabama power, Georga power ect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

stevie in Jasper, Alabama

67 months ago

I have plenty over the road exprenice.Why is it so hard to find a good job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tcsmart71353@bellsouth.net in Birmingham, Alabama

66 months ago

I am interested in employment within the nursing field. I am an RN but would be interested in a variety of areas in nursing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jane Doe in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

65 months ago

John Doe in Birmingham, Alabama said: Southern company. The largest provider of electricity in the US. We own Alabama power, Georga power ect.

Do Not work for the Southern Company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jane Doe in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

65 months ago

Jane Doe in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: Do Not work for the Southern Company.

The Southern Company does a lot of work with BE&K also known as KBR. They hire many, many, illegal immigrants for their projects, in fact, they recently had to fire numerous employees, because they all had false identification, yet the news somehow does not report that. Go to any project location, for example, Macon GA, the employees usually work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. They do not compensate their workers for their time, effort, hard work, or for being away from their families.

Hope they enjoy all their millions while others suffer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

sfair20 in Birmingham, Alabama

64 months ago

John Doe in Birmingham, Alabama said: Southern company. The largest provider of electricity in the US. We own Alabama power, Georga power ect.

And if you know someone there you may get the time of day. Otherwise don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Birmingham, Alabama

59 months ago

Jane Doe in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: The Southern Company does a lot of work with BE&K also known as KBR. They hire many, many, illegal immigrants for their projects, in fact, they recently had to fire numerous employees, because they all had false identification, yet the news somehow does not report that. Go to any project location, for example, Macon GA, the employees usually work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. They do not compensate their workers for their time, effort, hard work, or for being away from their families.

Southern Company contracts a lot of their project construction work out to other companies. If there really were "illegal immigrants" working on their projects, it would be because the contractor had hired them ... not Southern. As a Southern Company employee, I myself am well compensated for my work and effort, so try to refrain from making blanket statements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carly James in Winfield, Alabama

50 months ago

Jane Doe in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: Do Not work for the Southern Company.

I agree Southern Company sucks! Carly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

None Available in Birmingham, Alabama

45 months ago

The Southern Company does a lot of work with BE&K also known as KBR. They hire many, many, illegal immigrants for their projects, in fact, they recently had to fire numerous employees, because they all had false identification, yet the news somehow does not report that. Go to any project location, for example, Macon GA, the employees usually work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. They do not compensate their workers for their time, effort, hard work, or for being away from their families.

In response to this- one of my relatives founded BE&K, recently retired from the company. I disagree 100% with this statement, I know it to be false in fact. Though I DO agree that if you don't have an 'in' with Southern Company, you shouldn't bother applying, you won't get the time of day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.