What are the best neigborhoods in Birmingham?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

katgrlryder in dc, District of Columbia

87 months ago

how can I view the responses please?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joey in Austin, Texas

87 months ago

katgrlryder in dc, District of Columbia said: how can I view the responses please?

Thank you!

There aren't any yet ;-) But, I read elsewhere that Crestwood area of Birmingham is very desirable with beautiful homes.

Tracy in Birmingham, Alabama

85 months ago

The southern suburbs are all very nice places to live. These include Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia, Inverness and Hoover. Home prices range greatly depending upon the suburb with Mountain Brook being the most expensive but closest to downtown. Hoover tends to have the best home values and is normally within a 30 minute drive from downtown. There is a great deal of building south of Inverness on Hwy 280, but traffic into the city on this route can be a problem depending upon your destination. Smaller southern suburbs of Chelsea, Pelham, Helena and Alabaster offer more starter homes and even better home values, but have longer commutes and traffic issues... unless you are working in those areas. The schools in all these areas are good. Overall, Birmingham is a very nice place to live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Logan, Ohio

74 months ago

thanks

ed in Nashville, Tennessee

73 months ago

Southlake in hoover

tamaraoperadiva in Birmingham, Alabama

62 months ago

Mountain Brook, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Homewood, Alabaster, Pelham, Hwy 280 area, some parts of Gardendale...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.