Job search in Birmingham?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Birmingham?

Reply - Report abuse

Lovely L. Robinson in Birmingham, Alabama

82 months ago

Please inform me of all opening jobs with my experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

LuAnn Lawrence in Sylacauga, Alabama

81 months ago

good luck sweetie but I'm looking for work as well....sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

David

76 months ago

I have 30+ years in non-profit management and customer service experience. Experience includes financial analysis and planning, HR and volunteer mangement, fund raising, and Board of directors supprt. U have good MS Office skills. I am looking for opportunities in either th enon-profit or for profit arena. Business and personal reference available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dorothy Abrams in Birmingham, Alabama

76 months ago

Is there anyone that knows of a career for me that includes people (young adults/children)? I want to help them with problems, give them confidence if they need it, and, in general be their guide to look up to. (fun, love, and laughs included) I am an older woman, but you would never know it....(haha)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

reginald johnson in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

Lovely L. Robinson in Birmingham, Alabama said: Please inform me of all opening jobs with my experience.

concret finesher

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

VJ Johnson in Birmingham, Alabama

72 months ago

I've been a medical assistant for 10yrs for a clinic, very bored with it and i'm not using my skills i need a career not a job i'm looking for something exciting and new also to work for a company that takes pride in the employees as well as patients looking for a more professional enviroment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Help in Stamford, Connecticut

72 months ago

Hello Everyone! You will have the most success finding the job you want by using our search engine. Just type in job title, company, or keyword into the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs". Best of luck with your search!

bamagirl2112 in Alpharetta, Georgia

71 months ago

Indeed Help in Stamford, Connecticut said: Hello Everyone!

You will have the most success finding the job you want by using our search engine. Just type in job title, company, or keyword into the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs".

Best of luck with your search!

Just to respond to your suggestion to all of us on indeed.com I have put in what I am looking for and not only with this site but with several others. I do know that networking like we are doing on here is also the best way of getting info out and hopefully someone a job. But thanks for your suggestion

Mitchell in Jasper, Alabama

67 months ago

I am looking for employment in the manufacturing field. I just got the boot after 16 years with my last employer so I am really green when it comes to looking for a job. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running out of money!

VJ Johnson in Birmingham, Alabama

66 months ago

I'm looking for a job out of my boring 10yr medical assistant career looking to work with companies to save our planet and enviroment!!!

lrt in Birmingham, Alabama

64 months ago

to answer the host question, there are a number of staffing/temp agencies in bham, some more specific to the type of positions, others general. to list some you have itac, account temps, savela solutions, v.i.p employment, kelly services. anyway, just to mention a few. hope this is helpful to some of you. also, you can probably find a job forum specific to the type of position you are seeking if you plug in a search for it on google or yahoo, etc. anyway, good luck to all. keep looking up and know that this to shall pass!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lrt in Birmingham, Alabama

64 months ago

Mitchell in Jasper, Alabama said: I am looking for employment in the manufacturing field. I just got the boot after 16 years with my last employer so I am really green when it comes to looking for a job. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running out of money!

mitchell, call some of the staffing agencies/temp agencies and tell them what you are looking for. the good ones can be quite helpful because they have a finger on the pulse of the job market in your area. hang in there, things are about to get better, i am certain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tamaraoperadiva in Birmingham, Alabama

64 months ago

Mitchell in Jasper, Alabama said: I am looking for employment in the manufacturing field. I just got the boot after 16 years with my last employer so I am really green when it comes to looking for a job. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running out of money!

Have you tried Alabama joblink? I've been looking for a job since May, but I'm not having any luck. I've even applied for things outside my field, but I don't hear back. But, I've run into MANY who've been looking for a longer period of time who don't hear anything back.

Needless to say, I just graduated from Samford with a degree in Biology. I don't have much research experience, but I did write a thesis based on my independent research. I've looked all around, but I really just can't find much I qualify for. I'm willing to take a job outside my field as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Austin, Texas

56 months ago

There a good compilation of job postings at www.workinginbirmingham.com. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.