is alabama a good place to live

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

berdoo in San Bernardino, California

33 months ago

I am thinking of relocating to Alabama from California is Alabama a good place to live i hear stories that Alabama is a racist state

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bama girl at heart in Twin Falls, Idaho

32 months ago

berdoo in San Bernardino, California said: I am thinking of relocating to Alabama from California is Alabama a good place to live i hear stories that Alabama is a racist state

I moved from Alabama to California many moons ago and missed Alabama terribly. At the time, Alabama seemed to be a racist state, but I have gone back to visit many times and it did not appear to be as racist as it was. I have lived many places since then and my heart stays in Alabama. I am married at the time but if I were single, I would move back to Alabama. Some things contingent on that of course, i.e. jobs, pay but it is less expensive to live in Alabama than California, but the pay is higher in California, it is all relative. Depends on what you are looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

berdoo in San Bernardino, California said: I am thinking of relocating to Alabama from California is Alabama a good place to live i hear stories that Alabama is a racist state

I moved from Alabama to California many moons ago and missed Alabama terribly. At the time, Alabama seemed to be a racist state, but I have gone back to visit many times and it did not appear to be as racist as it was. I have lived many places since then and my heart stays in Alabama. I am married at the time but if I were single, I would move back to Alabama. Some things contingent on that of course, i.e. jobs, pay but it is less expensive to live in Alabama than California, but the pay is higher in California, it is all relative. Depends on what you are looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

32 months ago

shar

1 month ago

Alabama sucks and the pay really does too. I moved back from Oregon due to a back injury I got on my job. If I could do it all again I would have stayed up there. The cost of living might be cheaper but the pay from most jobs is so bad you may still not be able to pay all your bills. I was born and raised here but being back feels like a set back. There are no real tourist attractions here the crime rate is high and it is and always will be a rasist Republican state that will always be the same. Rasism will never die here. I'm in the process of seeking an attorney now for wrongful termination and discrimination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shar

1 month ago

bama girl at heart in Twin Falls, Idaho said: I moved from Alabama to California many moons ago and missed Alabama terribly. At the time, Alabama seemed to be a racist state, but I have gone back to visit many times and it did not appear to be as racist as it was. I have lived many places since then and my heart stays in Alabama. I am married at the time but if I were single, I would move back to Alabama. Some things contingent on that of course, i.e. jobs, pay but it is less expensive to live in Alabama than California, but the pay is higher in California, it is all relative. Depends on what you are looking for?

I wouldn't come here. I see this is an old comment I hope you made the right decision based on your own personal circumstances. Good luck!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.