Looking for a job in Art/Design in Boston Area

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Katherine Morrissey in Farmington, Connecticut

55 months ago

I've recently decided my life needs a radical change. I have been working in retail the past two years since graduation and I am tried of it. I went to school for fashion design and art studio. I have a variety of talents including graphic design, painting, welding, sewing, pattern making, sculpture and much more. I am will to learn anything in art field. I am also willing to work extremely hard. I will be much happier with life doing what I love then what I am currently doing. Please help me pursue my dreams by helping me find an entry level job in art/design field. Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Average in Medford, Massachusetts

23 months ago

There really aren't enough jobs in fashion design for every one who wants a job in that field. Every thing I'VE read a biography about anyone who does in "fashion design" , including tailors,suggests that it's a field for the well-heeled, if you get my drift.

You've listed too many skills. You need to whittle it down to one or two that you think you can make a living out of.

My thinking is welding, graphic design, and sewing are the only three skill categories where you may find work. Graphic and design and welding skills might help you if you can do professional level welding . Sewing skills may lead to a job at a dry cleaner or a custom tailoring business, but the pay is very low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.