Newcomer's guide to Boulder?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do newcomers need to know to settle in and enjoy Boulder? Car registration, pet laws, city services, more...

Reply - Report abuse

MIkeT in Cincinnati, Ohio

80 months ago

Hello, I plan on moving my wife, daughter, dog, and myself to Boulder in Spring of '09. I have been able to research somthing about Boulder, but I'm not to sure on all the minor details. How are the taxes? Is housing resonably priced? Is there room for another landscaper? Is very costly to make the transition from Cincinnati to Boulder? I'm just wondering what I have to look forward to, before we are completely settled. Thank you for you time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Colorado_Mtns in Louisville, Colorado

77 months ago

Boulder taxes aren't too bad. The highest taxes are in Broomfield because of the FlatIrons Mall area. The city of Boulder is beautiful and has great culture. Boulder does have a greenbelt around it so there is no new housing developments. Housing in Boulder is very expensive if you are looking for a single family detached house. I would highly recommend you to purchase a house outside of the city of Boulder, you will get a lot more "house" for less $$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris 20yrs in Denver, Colorado

72 months ago

I hope you got a big pay raise from Cinccinnati Try $400/sq ft for housing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.