Newcomer's guide to Charlotte?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What do newcomers need to know to settle in and enjoy Charlotte? Car registration, pet laws, city services, more...

Reply - Report abuse

Ted O'Sullivan in Charlotte, North Carolina

85 months ago

Does anyone have a good realtor for referral I have been given two names but I am still uncertain, has anyone used James Smith from Keller-Williams or Marsha Andrews from Prudential. Both are on my relo package but I haven't decided yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mickey mccall in Charlotte, North Carolina

83 months ago

I have hired Crystal Johnson with Allen Tate Co. as a Buyers Agent. I like the the fact that she makes herself available 7days a week. My wife and I have her home number in case something comes up that we need to discuss with her right away. I know she's working with other clients right now, but she makes us feel like we're the only ones.

MJ in Austin, Texas

77 months ago

You may find some useful information at www.workingincharlotte.com

SpotOn in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

Ted O'Sullivan in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Does anyone have a good realtor for referral I have been given two names but I am still uncertain, has anyone used James Smith from Keller-Williams or Marsha Andrews from Prudential. Both are on my relo package but I haven't decided yet.

Allen Tate has a very good reputation in the Charlotte, NC area.

Another suggestion: Once you decide the area of Charlotte you wish to live in - make sure you obtain a realtor that specializes in that area (you will be glad you did)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Smith in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

SpotOn in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Allen Tate has a very good reputation in the Charlotte, NC area.

Ted,
Since I am looking at this comment about myself, I really feel uncomfortable. If you like I can provide you with a list of current customers. Please go out to my website to get additional information about me. As a quick note here are five items most people will not have:
1) voted by Charlotte Magazine to be one of the best Realtors in Client satisfaction
2) My homes sell 18% faster than the market average
3) I was the Number 1 agent for my office in 2007
4) I am within the top 6% of agents in the Carolinas for home sales 2007
5) Accredited Buyers Representative

www.BestCarolinaHousing.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Buffalo, New York

76 months ago

Host said: What do newcomers need to know to settle in and enjoy Charlotte? Car registration, pet laws, city services, more...

Could you please tell me some specifics? I am thinking about relocating to this area. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

James Smith in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

Jessica,
Here is a quick summary of items you will need to know about Charlotte.
1) the pet laws vary; however, most regulations require a leash on your pet, some communities only allow certain types of pets. Example some communities have regulations against vicious dogs
2) Most city locations have all of the city services included in your taxes including trash pickup, community lighting, schools , etc
3) The DMV generally requires that you transfer your drivers license and registration once you have established residency, the DMV does have a grace period to help ease the demands of moving to a new location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.