Anybody have any feedback about Legendary Promotions?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 96)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Chilepalm in Tampa, Florida

74 months ago

Got an interview coming up with them, and I've searched the internet to find comments...Legendary Promotions Jobs sound great on paper (paid training, etc. not door-to-door), website LOOKS good , but hey, we all know web-savvy inmates can create a great website...I can't seem to find any background on them and I'd really like a decent entry-level sales job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Oldsmar, Florida

74 months ago

Chilepalm in Tampa, Florida said: Got an interview coming up with them, and I've searched the internet to find comments...Legendary Promotions Jobs sound great on paper (paid training, etc. not door-to-door), website LOOKS good , but hey, we all know web-savvy inmates can create a great website...I can't seem to find any background on them and I'd really like a decent entry-level sales job

I have a feeling this is the Executive Promotional Group in Tampa..just another office to bring people in. I went to the Tampa office today and they wanted me to go on an 8 hour interview tomorrow. Let me know if Executive Promotional Group & Legendary are the same. Blessings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

DONT DO IT! in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

this job is a scam.
they will give you a song and dance about how many opportunities you'll get. it's all a lie. trust me i've worked for them. i wasted so much time there after i got out of school and it was for nothing. this company has changed names and owners 3 times in the past year and a half.

search under 'tradewind promotions' and you'll get more information.

but believe me. this is not worth your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Yep, found out...same thing as EPG in Tampa... with the eight-hour second interviews....

Stay away if you're looking for a legitimate sales job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Largo, Florida

73 months ago

It is so frustrating that these companies use the fact that we are entry level against us. I had a similiar interview with ANNEX Marketing out of Tampa. Now looking at this I am def not going on the interview with LEGENDARY promotions.
Thanks for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erin in Brandon, Florida

73 months ago

It's really frustrating when all your doing is trying to find a decent job and these people are wasting your time. I got an e-mail back from executive promotional group after sending them my resume. So I called and left a message. Then I decided to get on the computer and do research (I trust no one and everything is a scam until proven otherwise) and I find all the info on what a waste of time it is. So by the time this lady from EPG calls me back I know what to ask, "The 2nd interview is a pain in the ass, huh?" and "I've always wanted to be a door to door salesman!" and, "How can I get your job? I wouldn't mind scamming people and getting paid. Hook me up with that job!"
She was uncomfortable and speechless. Then had the nerve to ask if I still wanted to schedule an interview for tomorrow! Some people make me want to drink.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Largo, Florida

73 months ago

Erin in Brandon, Florida said: It's really frustrating when all your doing is trying to find a decent job and these people are wasting your time. I got an e-mail back from executive promotional group after sending them my resume. So I called and left a message. Then I decided to get on the computer and do research (I trust no one and everything is a scam until proven otherwise) and I find all the info on what a waste of time it is. So by the time this lady from EPG calls me back I know what to ask, "The 2nd interview is a pain in the ass, huh?" and "I've always wanted to be a door to door salesman!" and, "How can I get your job? I wouldn't mind scamming people and getting paid. Hook me up with that job!"
She was uncomfortable and speechless. Then had the nerve to ask if I still wanted to schedule an interview for tomorrow! Some people make me want to drink.

Erin-

I totally understand what your going through. After talking to a few of my friends from NJ where I grew up they had the same thing happen to them. Its a same that it is so hard to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

heads up! in San Jose, California

73 months ago

I happen to know the owner of this company:
www.myspace.com/frey9
A few other owners in the Tampa area may be Nicole Briley and Ashley Buffaro.

You don't want to work for this company. They continually change their name to avoid the IRS and force people to move, at their own expense, to be "promoted." It's such a dirty scam. They rip off their customers and tell you all lies. I'm unsure if Legendary is the same as EPG, but they are all really owned by Quantum, it may have changed its name, I'm not sure. VP of the company is Harmony Hunt.

There is also some info on Quatum on ripoffreport.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wow in Clearwater, Florida

73 months ago

Good thing I checked this out.
I didn't honestly remember submitting to this co., (so I got online to see if I could jog my memory and see if they were based out of Pinellas as I need).
I did submit to EPG about 3 months ago and Tradewinds nearly a year ago, with no response from either.
Out of the blue today though, I get a voice mail from a young spunky sounding woman named 'Brittany' saying that Pro-source/Legendary Promotions had received my resume on Career Builder and wanted me to call back to 'answer a few questions'.

I'm blowing it off, I need a legit full time job so I can be fully relocated to Clearwater after nearly 2 years of driving 27 miles one way to Tampa 5-7 times a week, and totaling one car due to lack of sleep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Spring Hill, Florida

73 months ago

Wow in Clearwater, Florida said: Good thing I checked this out.
I didn't honestly remember submitting to this co., (so I got online to see if I could jog my memory and see if they were based out of Pinellas as I need).
I did submit to EPG about 3 months ago and Tradewinds nearly a year ago, with no response from either.
Out of the blue today though, I get a voice mail from a young spunky sounding woman named 'Brittany' saying that Pro-source/Legendary Promotions had received my resume on Career Builder and wanted me to call back to 'answer a few questions'.

I'm blowing it off, I need a legit full time job so I can be fully relocated to Clearwater after nearly 2 years of driving 27 miles one way to Tampa 5-7 times a week, and totaling one car due to lack of sleep.

Good For You!
I also talked to Brittany This morning, and they were TOO eager to set up an interview. I'm going to blow it off too. Their website lists only one product that they promote, and I have never heard of it. I'm not going to drive the 40 miles to waste my time. I think if they were are REAL company, they would have MORE than just ONE client.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smirsky in Pinellas Park, Florida

72 months ago

thank you. After reading the posts, I've decided not to waste my time on a useless interview. I called the very spunky 'Brittany' to cancel, and she didn't sound surprised at all. Thank goodness for a little bit of internet research!

Peter in Spring Hill, Florida

72 months ago

Today I got a call from ProSource. Same address. Hmmmm.
11:00 interview tomorrow. NOT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Saint Petersburg, Florida

71 months ago

What's their website? I received a call as well..

Tami in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

I am SO glad I found this site. Until reading this, I had an interview with Brittany too scheduled for tomorrow. I reported them to careerbuilder.com, hopefully they'll investigate and remove their scam job listings from the site. I've been out of work since August, so this is definitely not funny for them to be wasting the time of people that are looking for legitimate work, especially in this economy and job market. Thank you all for saving me the gas and time.

Tami in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

heads up! in San Jose, California said: I happen to know the owner of this company:
www.myspace.com/frey9
A few other owners in the Tampa area may be Nicole Briley and Ashley Buffaro.

You don't want to work for this company. They continually change their name to avoid the IRS and force people to move, at their own expense, to be "promoted." It's such a dirty scam. They rip off their customers and tell you all lies. I'm unsure if Legendary is the same as EPG, but they are all really owned by Quantum, it may have changed its name, I'm not sure. VP of the company is Harmony Hunt.

There is also some info on Quatum on ripoffreport.com

I am so tempted to just RAIL this guy on his myspace...oh I am so angry about this whole thing right now it's not even funny. Thanks for the info. These people should be PROSECUTED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

If you ever want to check out a company's REAL stuff, go to www.sunbiz.org. You can find out if it has corporate status, business status, who address, who owns the company, directors, etc.

71 months ago

I am glad I started this thread... it was for my son... I'm a nosy mom and a small business owner, and I KNEW when I saw these folks' ad what it was all about, and heard my son all excited about these scamming slimebuckets... but you know, even though I've been in the corporate world for 32 years, MOM never knows what she is talking about... SOOOOO I started the thread knowing I'd get all kinds of feedback from all of the Truly Wise Ones out there who my son WOULD pay attention to! Then I showed him all the answers, and WAH-LAH! He believed ya'll, dropped pursuing them, and found a REAL job, thank Goodness! THANK ALL OF YOU. And keep the torch burning for others who come after us :)

smirsky in Pinellas Park, Florida

71 months ago

Thanks, Mom :-) Glad I did a little research before I wasted my time on this interview. Those of us who are unemployed have to start realizing that our time is valuable!
There are SO many scams out there...sometimes I fear posting a response to a Craigslist position just because some joker could have my name, address, phone #, etc. from my resume and do GOD knows what with the information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

EXACTLY. When we respond to Craig's List, if they don't have a company name down, we don't share OUR full name. We don't send a resume with all than info on it...delete address. If they don't give a salary or hourly, they are not legit and we MOVE ON. Legit companies don't mind putting down exactly what it entails, how much it pays, etc. because real managers don't want to waste time and resources on unqualified candidates. Everyone needs to take the same approach dealing with prospective employers... it's a 2-WAY INTERVIEW.

mcorlissims@yahoo.com in Safety Harbor, Florida

71 months ago

I'm glad I found this information we are talking about Executive Promotional Group I have a interview today at 2:30 and don't need to waste my gas on a scam and waste my time and money. I talked to a girl named Melinda please let me know if this is the same company your talking about EPG

Thanks
Corey

jenniferd131 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

71 months ago

I had an interview set with these people, went to the office in clearwater, what a joke, first no place to park, no place to sit once you walk in the door. They were interviewing so many people I just walked out what a joke. Glad I didn't wait this out. What a bunch of quacks, hope they lose everything they have for what they are doing

kjasmine in Saint Petersburg, Florida

71 months ago

mcorlissims@yahoo.com in Safety Harbor, Florida said: I'm glad I found this information we are talking about Executive Promotional Group I have a interview today at 2:30 and don't need to waste my gas on a scam and waste my time and money. I talked to a girl named Melinda please let me know if this is the same company your talking about EPG

Thanks
Corey

I had an interview wth EPJ last Monday and they did not call me back. The actual guy doing the interview talked so quickly about the job that when I left I was like WTF was he talking about? Had they called me back, I was supposed to "ride along" with one of their advertising associates the next day. I was like "ride along to do WHAT exactly?" What a complete bunch of BS!

I was not overly impressed with the office either. It felt like I was in someone's basement. Also the receptionist had the radio blaring so loudly that you had to shout to talk to her. I was thinking how very unprofessional that was.

Well, it was a blessing that they didn't call me back and waste more of my time.

adrenaline in Saint Petersburg, Florida

71 months ago

i went to both interviews with this EPG including the 8 hour ride along. what a joke!!! they explained this ride along as an event. they say one of thier clients is the american breast cancer society. this so called event was standing in the parking lot of wal-mart selling coupon books on a little 3 feet by 1.5 foot table. the advertising associate i rode with was a 23 year old excuse my language upright *****. all she did all day was talk on her cell phone and look down on me cause im a smoker. The real kicker to me was that they state thier corprate name is is smart choice. everything had a puple and grey logo on it that look exactly like the smart choice logo you would find on healthy food. this really burns me up inside. i will be contacting the breast cancer society today to fill them in on this companies actions.

please people don't waste your time on this. just apply at mcdonalds, you will make more money and be gauranteed it.

stay away from this company in clearwater/tampa, Florida

71 months ago

You are all right this company is a scam, and if you get an interview AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!
I stupidly went on the 8 hour long interview for this scamming company and declined but after asking aruond town, friends of people, etc.I know i made the right choice and im glad i didnt waste my time. They tell you the program takes 6-12 months and it took the "owner" Andrew 2 years!! and at this company 3 months is considered a long time to work there
. Its a brain wash and so many people have come in and out. If you were familiar with some of the old "top guys and owners; Kevin, Nicole,Ashley, Jon, Jessi, Abraham, Danny [i could go on forever] but they left. Even Jessi who was Andrews girlfriend left because she must have figured out the whole thing was a bs lie. And I heard that Abraham almost lost his family because of it and was also Andrews best friend.
See the thing is is that its FULL commision so there are days youd been better off hanging uot with the bums at the GAS stations where you do your so called fortune 500 promotions haha thats a joke. begging for money because there are days that you wold have made more then.
The group goes out everynight "negged out" as they like to call it and drinks away their sorrows. They all live together and enjoy having sex with eachother, and the owner Andrew whos myspace that was posted is known for doing that quiet often.
Its funny because the information just travels around the whole area and their current top poeple Kristen Mike Paul Brad Matt have all only been there for a few months and those are the trainers?????
There are so many websites to warn you people about this company there are so many other offices that keep doing this to people.
its sick.
if Brittney (who was a very nice person by the way and i feel bad she has to work for that annoyng guy Andrew) calls you for an interview tell her that youd rather work at mcdonalds because you willmake more money there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stay away from this company in clearwater/tampa, Florida

71 months ago

oh and i got all of my information frm a veryyy good source and you would be very surprised who that was because the person STILL works for the company but are currently looking for a new job.. haha good luck legendary promotions, youll be a legend for failing and lying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SophieSkrobi in Yorktown, Virginia

71 months ago

this site has been so helpful for me- you have no idea! im a recent college graduate and I am so desperate for a job that I was about to fly down to clearwater just for this "interview". My dad told me to do some research just to make sure they were a reputable company- now that we've found out how awful they are- my dad is reporting them to the better business bureau so hopefully a lot more people will find out what they are up to. thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Confused in Clearwater, Florida

71 months ago

I will just like you people to please explain to me why all the nasty posts about this company. I went there for an interview yesterday. Brittany is a very nice person. She had a lobby full of people that had been waiting for a very long time and kept everyone happy. It just seems like you guys are pissed because it is commission based. I chose not to take the position, but they never forced me to do anything. There are real scams out there that have you pay to work there or take tests using your own money to finance them. I do not understand why people like SophieSkrobi would want to report them to the better business bureau if they did not force you to work there or take your money. Other people that have posted make it sound like you are entering the depths of hell and selling your soul if you work there. Maybe someone can explain this to me. I walked into an office where the girls there seemed to be working very hard, the managers answered all my questions with no run around and I realized it wasn't for me. So why all the scam comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Well, perhaps you are Confused in Clearwater, or perhaps you work for them. At any rate, Sophie is a young woman who was going to FLY here, not just drive over, for what is basically a "street team" job. I am sure there are a lot of nice people working there. But the methods they use to market their "products" and the 8-hour interviews...c'mon! "Pissed" because commission-based? Hardly...I don't know about other posters, but I made a living based on straight commission for a dozen years, and heavily commissioned for 15 before that! Of course I had another reason for posting here.

There are, shall we say, different flavours of scams out there, but is there a "lesser sin" than all other sins?... or is a scam by any other name still a scam? They don't try to extract actual money, but they accomplish the very same thing by wasting people's time by not laying out complete duties and requirements and compensation upfront. They do not present themselves totally legitimately, in essence they "bait and switch"...they lack legitimate presence, marketing methods, good operational procedures, and management conduct. They straddle the line of GAAP, and it is simply not ethical, especially for the novitiate who is seriously looking and doesn't have the time or resources to waste on fly-by-night corporations who operate under multiple identities and lack the substance of a Subaru, or Bank of America, or Kinsky Law Firm, or Southern Colonial Life Insurance, or Ceridian, or any of a number of straightforward, above-board employers.

As for entering "the depths of hell", well...this IS a forum for everyone's thoughts and experiences, and just because you touched the good part of the elephant, does not mean everyone did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Confused in Clearwater, Florida

71 months ago

wow you reply pretty quick what are you doing with your life?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Confused in Clearwater, Florida said: wow you reply pretty quick what are you doing with your life?

LOL --- et tu? But props for the snappy comeback! I am working at my computer with a variety of popup email alerts! Hope you are doing the same.

You Are All Ignorant in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

SO I just have to come back with this because my name has been mentioned in these posts although I am not going to admit which one it is. For my own privacy.
But, yes I have worked for the company, it is what it is, a management training program, totally based on commission. I got far in the company, trained and taught and worked my arse off and just decided at the end of the 7th month I was there, that it just was not for me. Thats all.
No one lies to anyone, when you are on your interview, you are told about profit share and how long the program lasts. True it takes some people longer then others, but Ive seen a lot of things with this company. This is one of over 100 in the world, many opened, many closed, many successful, many average. It depends on how hard the owner worked.
As for Brittany, DONT YOU DARE badmouth her, shes doing her job, and she does it damn well. None of you know Britt personally, she is a great person, both of the admins are, and NO this is not Brittany, lol.
The managers are trained in everything they say to you.
Yes, Andrew Frey has worked his ass of to where he is, and to the person who posted nasty things about him, and his company, how would you like it if someone squashed something you've put so much work into, thats just not fair. Just because you dont like someones personality, doesnt give you right to "attack" them.

So if you are going on an interview with this company I hope I helped. Try it, see if its you, hell I did for over 7 months before I decided it wasnt for me, had fun, made a little family and learned alot of pretty helpful stuff.

Good Luck, and hope I helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Attleboro, Massachusetts

71 months ago

Legendary Promotions is a typical sales and marketing firm. All of you who have posted this that and the other on this company clearly aren't that familiar with most sales jobs. 75% of sales jobs pay you on a commission only basis... no different here. You rely on your own set of skills to make it happen here. If you aren't confident enough w/your own skin and you're own ability to talk to people then this isn't a position for you.

The difference between most sales job and those at Legendary Promotions is it's a management training program. What does that mean? THere's growth potential. If you'd rather just sell stuff for the rest of your life and do lead generation stuff... well then by all means they're still happy to have you. But if you'd like to get ahead and if you'd like to move up and obviously make some more money then you would just selling stuff... they allow you to happen.

In corporate america it takes god knows how long to move ahead... with Legendary it's all up to you. There's no senority so you're not waiting for someone to die before you can get ahead.

Are there negatives to the business.. oh absolutly but find me a job where there isn't and i'll sign up there in a heart beat.

They don't scam people and they don't lie. If there's something you want to know... ask them. If you have a deadline... tell them and they'll tell you how to make it happen.

I worked for the company for a few years and although i did leave for my own personal reasons.. it was by far one of the best companies i've ever worked for as far as training and support goes. I'm sure any one of their employees they currently have now will say the same.

The company can be found in just about every major city in the US and is also abroad. It's not a scam and those of you who say it is are clearly ex employees who are bitter.

i hope this helps and wish everyone the best of luck. It can't help to explore different optys. The way the economy is... cant hurt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

frustrated in Saint Petersburg, Florida

71 months ago

ANNEX Marketing out of Tampa is a total scam. I am interviewing with Exec. Promotional Group tomorrow but am not interested if like Annex. Why waste time (full days) helping them sell cold B2B, time better spent surfing the web for REAL jobs!

jboehmster in Clearwater, Florida

70 months ago

Deborah in Oldsmar, Florida said: I have a feeling this is the Executive Promotional Group in Tampa..just another office to bring people in. I went to the Tampa office today and they wanted me to go on an 8 hour interview tomorrow. Let me know if Executive Promotional Group & Legendary are the same. Blessings.

yes, it is a total scam that used to be set up like championship advertising, which changed their name recently.. yeah its like door to door sales on commission only. dont waste your time.
anyone know the deal with legendary promotions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jboehmster in Clearwater, Florida

70 months ago

Chilepalm in Tampa, Florida said: Yep, found out...same thing as EPG in Tampa... with the eight-hour second interviews....

Stay away if you're looking for a legitimate sales job.

so this EPG and legendary promotions and meriam marketing are all the same type of scam commission deals?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kari in Albuquerque, New Mexico

70 months ago

Chilepalm in Tampa, Florida said: Got an interview coming up with them, and I've searched the internet to find comments...Legendary Promotions Jobs sound great on paper (paid training, etc. not door-to-door), website LOOKS good , but hey, we all know web-savvy inmates can create a great website...I can't seem to find any background on them and I'd really like a decent entry-level sales job

you can find more info at LegendaryPromotions.net
I don't know if this is the same company but this is what i found on the net
kari

RLF in Saint Petersburg, Florida

70 months ago

just quit there .. dont do it.. waste of time .. you have to pay for your own gas, use your personal vehicle, your personal cell phone, and the pay scheduel is crap... they tell you every friday but if your not making a sale your not getting paid. it's a waste of time energy and everything.. the days are about 12 hrs long and it's usually for nothing .. they send you to getto areas of tampa bay and ask you to try to give away free windsheilds and you wind up finding alot of people with out full coverage insurance and basic pip/liability. so you're out there waisting you time ... if your ok with long hours and little pay this is the job for you... but trust me you'll be spending more to keep your job than what your making.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris from Tampa in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

I got an emaile today from Pro choice also from Monster .com I will not respond to them thank you for posting all your comments helps other fromwasting their time and energy looking for a lagit full time job.
People like this should be ashamed to prey on peole in these times.

This is Jessie in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

Whoever put that "jessi" quit because Andrew got her pregant I'd really appreciate you deleting that comment. Andrew and I dated for most of last year 2008 when I worked for the company, and we started dating before he was "owner." I quit because I too understood the company, and how it worked; and I didn't agree that it was for me, and yes, I didn't want to work for my boyfriend. What Andrew did after we broke up is his business, and I have no say over that, but to say because he got me pregnant, to make me sound like a sl*t, I dont appreciate it. I was not one of those 2 week rookies that he "hooked up with." If i was pregnant, or if I was not, sure as he'll isnt any random person or anyone elses business. [apparently there are many of you on here that Im sure I know]
Also, Legendary Promotions is now closed, so this forum should be deleted.

tala2325 in Tampa, Florida

68 months ago

thank you for all the responses good and bad. I have an interview with ProSource services and looking over the responses..yeah, I don't think I'll do it. I can better spend my day off brushing up my resume and looking up legit marketing work and not sales. Thanks again!

Jesus take the wheel!! in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

WOW!!! This tread is off the chain, and thanks for the heads up!! Glad that I do my research on all companies before going to them. This is a dayum shame though that they have to lie to get people to come in for interviews.

jmac in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

Executive Promotional Group is also known as Bay Point Marketing Inc. Beware. Same number and location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

NoNeed4 A2ndTrip in Saint Petersburg, Florida

64 months ago

Wow this was a great eye opener on Annex Marketing. I found they're profile on Monster.com and at first I thought it would be a good way to get my money right with a full time job Monday-Friday.Especially with this damn recession. Guess not. Anyways this Guy named Jose called me and wanted to see if I would still be interested in the job.He said dress business professional then bring a copy of my resume. Sounded ight ya dig. So I went the next day. The office is located in Tampa off of Lois N By international Mall, down the street form Lee Roy Selmon's. That's when I went to this office building on the corner, 6th floor office suite #650. I walked in the room and there sitting down at the desk was this cheerleader attitude girl named Kelsey with freckles( annoying as heck). Beware she asks a lot of annoying questions. Like what did you do this pass weekend and what kinda sports are you into. Three people were ahead of me. 15min interview a piece with Jose. They then said they'll go over there applications and pick the best one's. Then they'll call the best one's. Well I guess I got the 2nd interview.But something felt fishy so I did my research and here it is. Please don't go and waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon, Florida in Brandon, Florida

64 months ago

I had the same experience. Vanessa told me she would call back between 4 - 5 pm to tell me if I got the (all day) 2nd interview. I also was told I would be replacing her within 7-12 months and be making a BASE of $95,000 if I got it.. That was my first red flag! ..Come-on now!! So I looked up the reviews, glad I didnt waste my day, but pissed I cancelled a "legitimate" interview in the meantime.. STAY AWAY!

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Almost got me in Tampa, Florida

63 months ago

Thank you, because of everyone I will not be scamed by this company!

Sarah Dees in Saint Petersburg, Florida

62 months ago

If you worked for these companies and know what they are doing, please stand up for honesty and integrity. Report them to the Internet Crime Complaint Center. Since they are finding their "prey" on the internet, they can be reported for cyber crime.

Here's the link: www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). It's easy to go online and fill out the simple form.
IC3 receives, develops, and refers criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime, any Internet related crimes. Please use this method to alert authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations.

I got scammed by a guy named Michael Louis Brittingham, who ripped me off with a fraudulent "Artist in Residence" employment scam. He lives as a predator, preying upon people he finds through internet social networking groups. He is on myspace and several NING groups now, promoting another scam, the "Michael Jackson Museum Club." I've written a detailed blog about my experiences with this man:

warningmichaelbrittingham.wordpress.com

I searched the web prior to working for MLB, but didn't find anything negative posted about him. After I got ripped off and investigated further, I "met" more people online who were scammed by him, and we reported him to police in 4 countries. There are at least 7 Rip Off Reports about him now, and we reported him to the IC3.

After I went back online looking for a new job, I got Emails right away from companies mentioned in this thread. Now I know to really investigate in depth, because there are scum that prey upon people already struggling and looking for work. It's important that we use the internet, their favorite method for finding prey, to identify these people so that we can remove their source of potential prey and stop them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not a sucker in Saint Petersburg, Florida

61 months ago

Well this company is back on the prowl. The new name is Bay Point Marketing, the gatekeeper’s name is Melinda and the manager/owner is Jo Hester.

Honest Truth in Tampa, Florida

60 months ago

So today I went on an iterview with Annex Marketing and just like the posts say I met Jose... although there was nothing shady about the company at all. I asked the manager what the pay would be like and she said in the entry level position it was 100% commission. They seemed professional and straight up with me. They did say when you advance into the management position compensation changes, but again nothing shady at all.

I did go on an interview with the other companies listed above and I will agree that something is weird about the whole experience from the moment you walk into their door. I am going back for the second interview with Annex Marketing next week. I will let you know how it goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pissed off in Sarasota, Florida

59 months ago

Not a sucker in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: Well this company is back on the prowl. The new name is Bay Point Marketing, the gatekeeper’s name is Melinda and the manager/owner is Jo Hester.

Well I just talked to Tiffany Keplan. This place is redic. Its the same address also as Precision Marketing.
I was concerned because both companies had the same suite number and you cant really find any information on them unless you REALLY search... these people really need to stop

So relieved in Valrico, Florida

59 months ago

I wish I would have seen this page 12 months ago when I went for my interview with the then "Executive Promotional Group". I did my stupid 10 minute 1st interview, then did the 2nd interview which was standing outside a Walgreens for like hours. I stupidly and naively accepted the a position in there promotions department. When I called the guy the day before I was supposed to start he told me that they were putting a hold on the promotions department and focusing on their Business to Business department. So I spent the next day walking up a major street in Bradenton for 8 hours being a solicitor!!!!! I got home tired and conflicted with my decision and went to work the next day and QUIT! Thank GOD I didn't quit my previous job!!! Marketing jobs in Tampa STINK!!! I have been looking for over a year and they all sound and look like EPG or Annex so I have not applied for one in over 6 months. I didn't go to school for 4 years to be a solicitor!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.