Ex offender needs a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Steve in Galloway, Ohio

55 months ago

I've got a couple of felonies and misdemeanors on my record, but I've turned my life around and still get judged for my past. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find work? I've qualified for jobs at temp services, but as soon as the background check comes back, they say they can't help me. I've been clean for 10 years and it's starting to make me wonder if changing my life around was all worth it. IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Dryone Billups in Columbus, Ohio

37 months ago

I have a list of misdemeanors crimes done in my name due to stolen I.D. so if any one will give me a solution to getting employment. i have a baby to care for . crimes done while i was going to college didnot kwon till i was trying to look for work. I have work for 16 years. for the City of Columbus as a Police Custodian. And 4 years as a refuse collector. Any help God Bless you. dbillups2010@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole

36 months ago

Call COVA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dan halen in Columbus, Ohio

32 months ago

I know worthington industries hire people without background checks. Pay starts at 11.00. It located on the north 270/71 area . Look for Worthington cylinders adds in the free job newspapers. The money is alright but most of the starting jobs suck. And the place is ran by monkeys on qualudes. But it is also a felon friendly employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rodney Lee in Columbus, Ohio

32 months ago

Many times Society will turn you down.Whether it's seeking employment or trying to find a home. Remember,God is always on your side! No matter what! We can't always look to this world for our answers! Ask Jesus,and do much priase! Start going to church,with the ideal of really focusing on the spirit,instead of answers from man,and you'll find people in the church who own business'es,homes,have materialistic things,and who are willing to help another person out! I hope this information is helpful? May God bless you,and have a nice day! Rodney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

kimmy in Pickerington, Ohio

26 months ago

i too have a felony and misdemeanors i work for a restaraunt it seems like thats all i can get and they tend to use the hell outi have also been turned away after working for a couple of weeks and the good old back ground check comes back and i am let go depressed at beating my self up all over again i just keep praying and continue to be the best person i can be i have been clean for 13 years and hell yea its worth it i love my freedom i

Steve in Galloway, Ohio said: I've got a couple of felonies and misdemeanors on my record, but I've turned my life around and still get judged for my past. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find work? I've qualified for jobs at temp services, but as soon as the background check comes back, they say they can't help me. I've been clean for 10 years and it's starting to make me wonder if changing my life around was all worth it. IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

jscal56@gmail.com in Westerville, Ohio

24 months ago

Steve in Galloway, Ohio said: I've got a couple of felonies and misdemeanors on my record, but I've turned my life around and still get judged for my past. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find work? I've qualified for jobs at temp services, but as soon as the background check comes back, they say they can't help me. I've been clean for 10 years and it's starting to make me wonder if changing my life around was all worth it. IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE? Thanks.

i also have misdemeanors and a felony on my record and it does seem like people like us can never get a break just keep your head up and keep putting in apps.wal-mart distribution center in grove city seems to be felony friendly go there every wed. or do it on your own computer call the distribution center they will tell you how to log on it pays great and very good benefits pay raises vaction retirerment stock insurance so apply for as many jobs as you can their are alot of them so keep applying do not give up having my second interview this coming thursday they already know about my backround just be totaly honest they will give you a chance. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!.live in canal winchester,ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.