Best companies to work for in Columbus?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (38)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Columbus? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

David binion in Hickory, North Carolina

84 months ago

I am looking for a job driving in Columbus ohio i would need help to find my driving job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Judy Soltman in Detroit, Michigan

81 months ago

Looking for a great company to work for in the Columbus Area, 11 years of Staffing experience working in the State of Michigan, also have management experince in the Janitorial building maintenance, the experience in the Recruiting has been in the Medical,Clerical and Industrial Divisions.

Thank you

Judy Soltman

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Mia in Dublin, Ohio

77 months ago

David binion in Hickory, North Carolina said: I am looking for a job driving in Columbus ohio i would need help to find my driving job

If I understand your question, you want a job that requires you to drive. Have you considered companies such as LabCorp, Quest Diagnostics, etc. that pick-up and deliver lab tests from doctor offices on a daily basis? Some offer a car with a monthly stipend if you want to use the car for personal use on weekends.
Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Katrina L Sherfey in Lancaster, Ohio

76 months ago

I am looking for a position in the columbus/Ohio area in the healthcare.Because of my experience and on the job training,I feel I would be a competent employee.I have a wide variety of skills that I believe will serve the needs in the healthcare. I work well with others,easy to teach and very dependable.

I am very excited about the potential of working in the healthcare field.

Sincerely,

Katrina Sherfey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

justice

76 months ago

i want to read about recent job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

T-Money in Baltimore, Ohio

75 months ago

Insuranceleadz.com is based in downtown Columbus. I read an article about them recently citing them as one of the fastest growing companies in 2008.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rad woman in Columbus, Ohio

75 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Columbus? Why are they a great employer?

Ohio Health: They recognize and reward employees good service, good salary compensation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sorry

73 months ago

I am planning a move to the Clintonville,Victorian Village or Grandview Hgts area. Could you please send me info on the areas also do you know of any nursing homes in the area.All information will be appreciated.Need info like stat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sorry

73 months ago

I should have stated that the areas are located in Columbus,Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

david541 in Hickory, North Carolina

73 months ago

Please help me find a job in ohio- north carolina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

clmarti

72 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Columbus? Why are they a great employer?

Time Warner, AOL, Discover Card, CitiGroup and The Columbus Dispatch. These companies have been here a long time, provide excellent customer service and great work environments. The have many employee benefits and are located in easy to get to areas. Beautiful surroundings. They are all in the service business which seems to be needed and very stable right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Clmarti in Columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

I need help in finding companies that are open to hiring experienced employees who are over 50. Does anyone have suggestions in the Columbus Ohio area, Dublin, New Albany, Grove City, Worthington, Hilliard or Gahanna areas?

Need help fast. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jack in Columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

The Columbus Dispatch (owned by Wolfe Enterprises) is a TERRIBLE company to work for. It was great about 6 or 7 years ago, but now they are outsourcing jobs left and right and building their ads in INDIA.... (They actually put a Crossant into an ad for a chinese restaurant) They are continuing to lay off people including 15 IT folks and the call center from what my insiders tell me, so good luck placing a garage sale ad or obituary.

Sadly, the son of the owner of the company, Wolfe Enterprises, has turned his dad's great company into a laughing stock. Dont let me start ranting about the drop in morale, either.

In april of 2007, the Dispatch laid off 89 employees due to budget cuts.. the following week, they announced they were investing Millions of Dollars into SKYBUS. Skybus went bankrupt and closed less than a year later.

But back on subject, Worthington Industries is a good company to work for so I hear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sorry

72 months ago

david541 in Hickory, North Carolina said: Please help me find a job in ohio- north carolina

Have you thought about moving to Maryland? The pay is better than North Carolina and Ohio.Depending on the years of exp. you could make $4.00 or more an hour than in NC.Think about the move.Maybe I could help with some places to tell you to try for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Danyelle in Columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

I am about to start nursing which requires a lot of studying.I need to find a job that pays good and flexiable. Does anyone have any suggestion??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Columbus, Ohio

71 months ago

I have 18 years experience in the workers' compensation arena. This work includes 7 years of hearing attendance, 16 years of Ohio workers' compensation sales (individual employer, self insured and group rating), direction of cost containment programs (handicaps and lump sum settlements), extensive client customer service account management, and workers' compensation programs and contracts nationally.

Does anyone know of any companies that require that expertise.

I reside in Columbus at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Christene in Columbus, Ohio

71 months ago

If you can get a job in a chiropractor's office, that might work well for you. They have flexible hours, often a break in the day for 2 hours, and then may re-open the office until 7:00PM certain days. Often they will allow you to study while you are on the job.

I would also check with your college campus. There may be a temporary agency onsight and they can help you find jobs that would fit your study schedule. I studied nursing for 3 years at OSU, so I sure understand how much studying you will be doing. I would also look into an internship. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

Who are the top 10 growth companies in the Columbus Ohio area? I have a strong marketing communications management background and would like to speak to them about their marketing needs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

clmarti in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

Some of the strongest growing companies right now are: Cardinal Health, AOL who are building a new building on Olentangy River Road right next to Time Warner, Time Warner, Verizon Wireless, Teleperformance, Chase Bank if you are an IT person, and many companies near the Rickenbacker AFB area.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

Thank you! I have 2 contacts at Cardinal Health. I did not know about AOL, so I will look into that opportunity. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Powell, Ohio

70 months ago

Brad in Columbus, Ohio said: I have 18 years experience in the workers' compensation arena. This work includes 7 years of hearing attendance, 16 years of Ohio workers' compensation sales (individual employer, self insured and group rating), direction of cost containment programs (handicaps and lump sum settlements), extensive client customer service account management, and workers' compensation programs and contracts nationally.

Does anyone know of any companies that require that expertise.

I reside in Columbus at this time.

Please contact me! I may have an opportunity for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

Hello Renee,

Do you have a possible opportunity? My email is below.

bjhilliard2003@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Brad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

Renee,

This is a follow up response to be sure you receive my comment.

You indicated that you may have some information about an avaiable position considering my experience in the area of workers' compensation.

Feel free to let me know what it is regarding.

Thanks,

Brad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

I have 5+ years in operating a Drug-Free Workplace Program, 7 years in adminstrating an Employee Assistance Program and 5 years in Human Resources. I want to dive more into my HR skills. My current position does not allow me to spend more than 30% of my time on this function. I want to learn more. I have a special interest in recruitment and new-hire operations. Does anyone one have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,
Anne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

knightwinder in Columbus, Ohio

69 months ago

This is a good topic.

jetmech072 in Columbus, Ohio

66 months ago

Jack in Columbus, Ohio said: The Columbus Dispatch (owned by Wolfe Enterprises) is a TERRIBLE company to work for. It was great about 6 or 7 years ago, but now they are outsourcing jobs left and right and building their ads in INDIA.... (They actually put a Crossant into an ad for a chinese restaurant) They are continuing to lay off people including 15 IT folks and the call center from what my insiders tell me, so good luck placing a garage sale ad or obituary.

Sadly, the son of the owner of the company, Wolfe Enterprises, has turned his dad's great company into a laughing stock. Dont let me start ranting about the drop in morale, either.

In april of 2007, the Dispatch laid off 89 employees due to budget cuts.. the following week, they announced they were investing Millions of Dollars into SKYBUS. Skybus went bankrupt and closed less than a year later.

But back on subject, Worthington Industries is a good company to work for so I hear.

YEAH......that was a crock! I worked as an aircraft mechanic for SKYBUS and it was VERY dissapointing what they did to their employee's as well as their customers. raw deal!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Dublin, Ohio

66 months ago

Jack in Columbus, Ohio said: The Columbus Dispatch (owned by Wolfe Enterprises) is a TERRIBLE company to work for. It was great about 6 or 7 years ago, but now they are outsourcing jobs left and right and building their ads in INDIA.... (They actually put a Crossant into an ad for a chinese restaurant) They are continuing to lay off people including 15 IT folks and the call center from what my insiders tell me, so good luck placing a garage sale ad or obituary.

I have to agree with Jack on this one. I worked for The Columbus Dispatch for several years and considered the company to be one of the best places I'd ever worked during most of that time.

New management has changed the company drastically in the past 4-5 years and the industry as a whole is in a downward spiral that has affected not just The Dispatch, but all of their affiliated companies.

It's a shame, because this could again be a top-level place to work again with a different management approach. Unfortunately, most of the people that are there now are looking to get out any way that they can and are fairly miserable on a day-to-day basis.

Try your hand at Nationwide, Scotts, Worthington Industries, Battelle, Wendy's (hiring again after their sale), Ohio Health, Mount Carmel Health or any number of wonderful locally based companies, but ... sadly ... I would avoid The Dispatch or any of it's affiliateds and I NEVER thought I'd say that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hey Oh in Columbus, Ohio

64 months ago

T-Money in Baltimore, Ohio said: Insuranceleadz.com is based in downtown Columbus. I read an article about them recently citing them as one of the fastest growing companies in 2008.

Complete joke of a company. Total Call center, and half the reps are not educated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J. R. in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

63 months ago

Gap Inc Direct (the online division of Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy) as well as the Limited, are located in Central Ohio. You might want to check them out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

benjyscott in Morral, Ohio

60 months ago

I was recently accepted into a master's program in business administration, but the program requires that I have an internship while I take classes. It needs to be roughly 20 hours a week and pay approx. $10/hr. Any clues where I could start looking for a business/marketing internships in the Columbus or Mt Vernon area?

Need a new job in London, Ohio

48 months ago

I have 12 1/2 years experience working at a call center. I have been a Customer Service Representative, Trainer, acting Supervisor, Sales Assistant, and Scheduling and Attendance Analyst. Any suggestions on great companies to work for.

pjlover1106@yahoo.com in Dayton, Ohio

46 months ago

if anyone is looking for a job making great money please email me . the job is in the dayton area. if interested i can set anyone up for a breifing then if your still interested in the job then we can go ahead and conitnue with the interview

Joshua in Marion, Ohio

45 months ago

I am trying to find a job in the aircraft maintenance industry. I did four years in the Air Force and gained a lot of experience in NDT inspections. I have no clue where to look, so I am trying to connect with people who might know. I am also in my second year of college in Accounting.

Ashley in Columbus, Ohio

40 months ago

I worked for a company in Columbus called WorldWide Marketing. They do the marketing for AT&T. Unfortunately, I had to move due to family issues, but it is one of the best places I have ever worked. The atmosphere was fun and energetic, the people were all young and motivated, most importantly it was a very supportive environment. I am still friends with the owner and she said they are expanding soon as well. Might want to check it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lnbckrde in Ann Arbor, Michigan

39 months ago

Ashley in Columbus, Ohio said: I worked for a company in Columbus called WorldWide Marketing. They do the marketing for AT&T. Unfortunately, I had to move due to family issues, but it is one of the best places I have ever worked. The atmosphere was fun and energetic, the people were all young and motivated, most importantly it was a very supportive environment. I am still friends with the owner and she said they are expanding soon as well. Might want to check it out.

Hey ashley could I have more information on WWM?

Chaser in Columbus, Ohio

38 months ago

www.Progressive-Medical.com
One of the fastest growing companies in Columbus past 15 years.
Located in Westerville.

NeedajobNJ in Willingboro, New Jersey

38 months ago

I am moving to the Ohio area within the next 2 months if anyone can help me find a position or has heard of one I am an register pharmacist and I willing to relocate anywhere in Ohio.I have an extensive background in retail but would love to work in any areas of pharmacy that is open.Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.