What are the best neigborhoods in Dallas?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

North Dallas is considered to be a good area. Theres plenty to do, good schools and lost of jobs. It is a little pricey though.

I lived there for a year and now I amin Irving. I like North Dallas better.

Plano is also a good area to live in.

www.dfwseek.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erin in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

I think it depends on what you're looking for in terms of lifestyle! Do you want a yard to mow and neighborhood parks? Or more urban living?

Many North Texas neighborhoods are the same in terms of shopping and commute time. You really need to check out taxes, property values, and the specific amenities you seek.

For instance, the White Rock Lake area has some fabulous homes and easy access to the park and Dallas Arboretum. But over in Mansfield, they have all new city libraries with lots of kids activities, a new city waterpark and newer homes.

One good source to ask for recommendations from people living in many North Texas communities is www.vibrantnation.com. This is a social recommendation site for women in their 50's and beyond. These are well-traveled, well-connected women who love sharing their favorites from neighborhoods and restaurants to realtors, attorneys and vacation spots!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Al in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

There are alot of good areas in Dallas. Just avoid South Dallas and areas the look a little depressed. Anything nort of 635 should be OK, just explore the areas.

www.dallasjoblist.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sj in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

For the younger, up-and-coming creative/technical crowd, the long-stagnant Deep Ellum neighborhood between downtown and Fair Park is exploding in slow motion. Still shaking off a rep for crime earned back in the 90s, most people here feel safe any time of day or night. Community spirit is supportive, tenacious and visionary. If you want to make an impact and be part of something never seen before, Deep Ellum's your place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Canton, Michigan

69 months ago

I have a question and Is there alot of job opportunity in Dallas texas? where is the good area to stay? and me and my husband planning to move in dallas texas. pls...somebody repspond to me and im searching a place to move by july, this year. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.