NB Direct, Inc.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 85)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

conskeeted in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

Has anyone worked for NB Direct Inc.? I have an interview with this company and have seen many job postings regarding the company but have not seen any reviews. They claim to be a sports marketing company with clients such as The Dallas Stars, Desperados, etc. Can anyone give me more information? Is this one of those door-to-door sales things? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bpark in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

Did you go on your interview? If so, what was your experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JDeck in Euless, Texas

78 months ago

I received an email from NB Direct, Inc. saying they wanted to interview me. I did a bit of investigating of my own. They are really Synergy Promotions Group. The address is 14990 Landmark Blvd., Dallas, TX 75254. The phone number is 972-239-3673.

I did a Better Business Bureau search that didn't really tell me anything. I also Googled them using their real name. I found two reviews on a cite called City Search. Supposedly they are a door-to-door sales business.

I'm not going to call for the interview. Not interested.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

bpark in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

Thanks for the heads up. I will not be going on this interview either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

conskeeted in Fort Worth, Texas

78 months ago

DO NOT deal with this company. I went for the "first" interview. I asked specifically about the type of work/pay and was told that that is discussed if you make it to the second interview. Ok so later in the afternoon I receive a call that I have made it to the "second" interview. After all was said and done they basically want you to walk around selling sports items to business' and it is for commission not a regular pay like they advertise on the ad. It should be required for these companies to specify whether they are commission or fee based when you apply for these jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

TTUALum in Irving, Texas

78 months ago

Yah they called me this morning and i googled them and there isnt even a web site. i will not be calling back for an interview. is anyone else on the infamous job search and just out of college?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lindy Kirk in Denton, Texas

77 months ago

I'm on the job search and going INSANE! I saw that NB Direct Inc, and like the rest of you, couldn't find much on them. That's always a bad sign!

Ugh...I don't even know where to begin!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TTUALum in Irving, Texas

77 months ago

i know it is terrible....i cant hardly get an interview...does anyone know anything about The Jung Group? I have a phone interview with them tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Lewisville, Texas

77 months ago

I just spoke to the HR Manager and am supposed to go for an interview today. I have checked out their website, but am hesitant to go after reading the above comments. I also noticed that in the ad posting it says Lewisville and the offices are in Dallas.
Not sure what to do.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JDeckard in Euless, Texas

77 months ago

It is just my personal opinion that anytime you are unsure about a company or can not find information on them that is important to you, you probably shouldn't waste your time. Just think about it. Why would a company not offer information about themselves especially when they are advertising for employment opportunities.

Remember when in doubt always trust your instincts!

Tom Foolery in Euless, Texas

77 months ago

I interviewed with them as well and all seemed fine in my interview. However, pay was not discussed and now I'm interested to see how that turns out. There is no doubt about it though, this IS a door-to-door sales company but if you know your $HIT, then you should do fine. I can tell you one thing, if you are not a good looking, well-dressed, articulate person, then don't waste your time. I know that may sound harsh but hey, just like Metallica said, "you know it's sad but truuuuueeWHAH!!!'' If you don't look impressive, then you're not going to be impressive. Look at your shoes....are they clean? Look at your suit....does it look like something Borat would wear? Listen to yourself when you speak.....do you say things like "Lemme axe you a querrrstion" or "Nah foo...it aint like that see"..or "what credick card do you need pacifically"..OK OK OK ....my point is: if you speak like Eminem, then contact him for a job and good luck being taken seriously in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

JDeck in Euless, Texas

77 months ago

I agree. If you don't mind doing door-to-door sales, and of course not being told the whole truth, then this is probably the place for you. They should definitely make know what they are looking for instead of having a job listing that is not truthful.

It really make me wonder what a company is hiding when they (1)won't answer simple, direct questions, and (2)aren't listed under the name advertised in the listing.

Tom in Garland, Texas

77 months ago

Listen up everyone. I have gone to the interviews for these jobs and got hired and found out how lame it is. First, guys realize that there are a number of these off shoots of synergy promotions around the metroplex. One is calles Evantage over off of preston Rd. in N. Dallas. Also there is one over off of S loop 820 in NE Ft. Worth called Bullet Marketing Enterprises. I just got a response from a third one called exclusive advertising and it is some where in North Dallas too. These are legal business's but they are not honest with their potential employees. If they were honest they would not ever get anyone to interview. They do have contracts with the "clients" they advertise, but they are not much more than legal hustlers. In fact they do have websites and if you go on them, you can see that they all pretty much have the same formats with some lame music. Each company is its own, but they are offshoots from Synergy and therefore a type of pyramid design. You guys coming right out of school should go on monster.com and write up your resume because there are always new listings for entry level/trainee employment. In fact a lot of employers prefer newbies that they can train themselves. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kris10bd in Plano, Texas

77 months ago

Hi Everyone-
I'm a recruiter for Technology professionals in DFW and a college grad in 2004-- i completely understand everyone's frustration!! My fiance is also in this situation. The main thing that I want to stress to all of you is to really evaluate what you would like to do and try try TRY to get hooked into that industry/company/role. It is not stressed enough during school how important your first job is.. and how much future employers will question your decisions there. When you graduate, it is very frustrating and difficult when you are first out of school to know which direction to go-- I encourage all of you to revisit your school or departments to talk with them about career opportunities-- get involved with your alumni associations, get on Linked In and target the companies you are interested in working for, and yes go on Monster/careerbuilder/hotjobs/dallasjobs..there are a ton of sites. And follow up. As a recruiter, especially for entry-level positions, i guarantee that there will be 100+ people applying. Think about how it will make you look when you follow up a few days afterwards with the company (find their phone number or email info) to let them know that you applied and are very interested/available. It makes you STAND OUT from the crowd! I hope some of this info helps you all! Good luck in your job searches!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Foolery in Euless, Texas

77 months ago

Also everyone be aware of a company called The Lionheart Group. I'm sure some of you have received their generic email promising you great income potential. It's complete BS...they rent out an office/conference room in the KB Homes building in Dallas off Josey lane and 635 and make it look as though they conduct daily business from that office....they don't. The interview is not an actual interview. There were about 50 people in the room to get "interviewed" and we were ALL disappointed to learn that it is also a pyramid/network marketing scam (or possibly scammola...to quote the great Homer Simpson). Just thought I'd give ya'll a head's up on them too. Oh and to get back on the subject at hand...I won't attend my second interview with NB Direct thanks to the comment(s) posted by Tom in Garland. Thanks Tom, you validated what I had already thought to begin with. Nice of them to waste my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

RvB-West in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

Roflz I appriciate all this information I went in a couple Days ago and then had my interview getting misleaded that I was going to get payed salary and make lots of money Now the truth is out there and I cant tell you how glad I am Tom for what you said has made me so releaved I am not nor ever going to work for them and whats funny is Evantage second interview for me was tommorow if there the same place thats not saying there the same no thank you THANK YOU TOM!

RvB-West in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

DOOR 2 DOOR SALES POSITIONING IT IS RIGHT HERE AND HAPPENING! LoL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Foolery in Bedford, Texas

77 months ago

Well RvB-WEst in Dallas, I would be very surprised if you find work anywhere using words like "misleaded" and misspelling NUMEROUS words as you did above. I know this is just a forum and most people don't proof read what they type but COME ON MAN...you're not even close on some of those words...I would love to see your resume for a good laugh. Consider this 'free advice'. Gud luc whith yor kuhrear!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nene in Garland, Texas

77 months ago

Tom in Garland, Texas said: Listen up everyone. I have gone to the interviews for these jobs and got hired and found out how lame it is. First, guys realize that there are a number of these off shoots of synergy promotions around the metroplex. One is calles Evantage over off of preston Rd. in N. Dallas. Also there is one over off of S loop 820 in NE Ft. Worth called Bullet Marketing Enterprises. I just got a response from a third one called exclusive advertising and it is some where in North Dallas too. These are legal business's but they are not honest with their potential employees. If they were honest they would not ever get anyone to interview. They do have contracts with the "clients" they advertise, but they are not much more than legal hustlers. In fact they do have websites and if you go on them, you can see that they all pretty much have the same formats with some lame music. Each company is its own, but they are offshoots from Synergy and therefore a type of pyramid design. You guys coming right out of school should go on monster.com and write up your resume because there are always new listings for entry level/trainee employment. In fact a lot of employers prefer newbies that they can train themselves. Good Luck

Thanks for the info. that really helped, i am straight out of high school and i got an interview from NB direct and got so happy! now this just seroulsy annoys me to find out that it's some door to door sale. i actually thought they were interested for my abilities, guess not. o well, but im gonna take your advice on the monster thing. thankxxx :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda Kane in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

Has anyone heard anything about Decision 1 Homesavers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ericka in El Paso, Texas

77 months ago

Yes I have the same story as everyone here. I was signed up on career builder and looking for a job outside of here and they email me and called me for an interview. I called them back today and am expecting a call tomorrow. Now that I read this I wont be interested anymore.

TTUALum in Irving, Texas said: Yah they called me this morning and i googled them and there isnt even a web site. i will not be calling back for an interview. is anyone else on the infamous job search and just out of college?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Allen, Texas

77 months ago

Yup- same here. Sent me resume on Friday, received a call on Monday and after reading all the above, no way jose!

THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY TIME AND ENERGY!!!!!

Tony

77 months ago

Linda Kane in Dallas, Texas said: Has anyone heard anything about Decision 1 Homesavers?

Spoke with them for quite a while. I also did their webinar. They miss lead people into thinking they are a large company. They show a large building and say that is their corporate headquarters. Just suite 1700 that is, not the whole building. As it turns out all they do is rent a very small one room executive office there. Then they occasionally rent the conferance room. They litteraly have 1 processer, who hires 1 assistant. They always say they are only hiring 100 people to work with them, and they currently have 82, so this may be the last chance, and we won't hire just anybody. They offer 2 plans, $988 and $488. They say you can't change between the plans for at least 45 days, so you should sign up for the hirer plan, or you will regret it. Of coarse they have more then 100 people that have paid, it's just a way to get the sence of urgency into you. I would stay away from this company, the only leads you get, usualy don't speak english, or they would keep them themselves. The top producer has 4 assistants and says he does 20 per month, and gets over 1000 leads per month. He needs the assistants just to call them all. I for one don't have time to call 1000 people, just to get 20 closed, then split that 5 ways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Foolery in Bedford, Texas

77 months ago

Spoke with them for quite a while. I also did their webinar. They MISLEAD people into thinking they are a large company. They show a large building and say that is their corporate headquarters. Just suite 1700 that is, not the whole building. As it turns out all they do is rent a very small one room executive office there. Then they occasionally rent the CONFERENCE room. They LITERALLY have 1 processer, who hires 1 assistant. They always say they are only hiring 100 people to work with them, and they currently have 82, so this may be the last chance, and we won't hire just anybody. They offer 2 plans, $988 and $488. They say you can't change between the plans for at least 45 days, so you should sign up for the HIGHER (WOW...YOU'RE REALLY STUPID) plan, or you will regret it. Of COURSE they have more then 100 people that have paid, it's just a way to get the SENSE of urgency into you. I would stay away from this company, the only leads you get, USUALLY don't speak english, or they would keep them themselves. The top producer has 4 assistants and says he does 20 per month, and gets over 1000 leads per month. He needs the assistants just to call them all. I for one don't have time to call 1000 people, just to get 20 closed, then split that 5 ways.......
........................I am LITERALLY amazed at your spelling errors. I can maybe see spelling the "big words" incorrectly but for God's sake man, you spelled the word "HIGHER"...H-I-R-E-R....I'm embarrassed for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Garland, Texas

77 months ago

Thanks a bunch guys. I almost went and wasted my time tomorrow. I really appreciate it. I feel with you guys. Have a great day not interviewing with NB or Synergy. Good luck!!

JDeck in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

Tom Foolery in Bedford, Texas said: Spoke with them for quite a while. I also did their webinar. They MISLEAD people into thinking they are a large company. They show a large building and say that is their corporate headquarters. Just suite 1700 that is, not the whole building. As it turns out all they do is rent a very small one room executive office there. Then they occasionally rent the CONFERENCE room. They LITERALLY have 1 processer, who hires 1 assistant. They always say they are only hiring 100 people to work with them, and they currently have 82, so this may be the last chance, and we won't hire just anybody. They offer 2 plans, $988 and $488. They say you can't change between the plans for at least 45 days, so you should sign up for the HIGHER (WOW...YOU'RE REALLY STUPID) plan, or you will regret it. Of COURSE they have more then 100 people that have paid, it's just a way to get the SENSE of urgency into you. I would stay away from this company, the only leads you get, USUALLY don't speak english, or they would keep them themselves. The top producer has 4 assistants and says he does 20 per month, and gets over 1000 leads per month. He needs the assistants just to call them all. I for one don't have time to call 1000 people, just to get 20 closed, then split that 5 ways.......
........................I am LITERALLY amazed at your spelling errors. I can maybe see spelling the "big words" incorrectly but for God's sake man, you spelled the word "HIGHER"...H-I-R-E-R....I'm embarrassed for you.

Someone really needs to GET A LIFE!!!!! This is not the first time you have gone on your little nit picking rampage. Who cares if a posting has a few typos!? You get the gist of it,......don't you? That's all that really matters. We are all here to share information and experiences and you're just being condescending. I'm embarrassed FOR YOU!!! "FOO!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy Womack in Kennesaw, Georgia

71 months ago

please see this article regarding this CONSUMER ALERT!!!
Report: The Lionheart Group

Category: Employers
Lionheart Group - Lion Heart ripoff misleading front to pull in jobseekers for MLM recruiting. Atlanta Georgia, Dallas Texas
*REBUTTAL Employee ..What is a job? What is employment?
Thank You

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.
Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?
Victim of this person/company?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don´t let them get away with it!
Print Email
The Lionheart Group
Phone:
Fax:

www.thelionheartgroup.com
Atlanta, Dallas, More Cities, Nationwide,
U.S.A.
Submitted: 9/6/2006 11:44:31 AM
Modified: 12/11/2007 12:13:59 PM
Reported By
Cosmo
Dallas, Texas

DECEPTIVE MARKETING at its finest.

This is the brainchild of several Independent Associates who are exploiting jobseekers on the major job boards, especially Monster.

Post a resume, and you'll get a very convincing response (or several)from Nick, Jimmy or one of several other people showing interest in your resume and inviting you to fill out a qualification form and 'interview'.

STOP! THIS IS NOT A JOB OR EMPLOYMENT! It is a chance to sell you on the Pre-paid Legal business opportunity. You pay money then promote legal plans and identity theft protection as an Employee Benefit to companies.

NAS

70 months ago

So I am supposed to interview with Lionheart next week...cancel it?????

Steve92 in Fort Worth, Texas

69 months ago

anyone heard of universal endeavors in ft.worth? what's their story

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

LyricStarrlyn in Arlington, Texas

69 months ago

Steve92 in Fort Worth, Texas said: anyone heard of universal endeavors in ft.worth? what's their story

Well, I was reading this page and I noticed that you just posted this comment 53 minutes ago! I'm in the same boat as you.. I just did my preliminary interview with Evantage Inc Yesterday and he noticed I lived closer to fort worth and was like "oh we have an office in Fort worth.." So they call me and it's Universal Endeavors. I was supposed to go today for my "secondary" interview.. I told them I would need to reschedule.. I'm almost positive that everything that is said on this page is true.. I just have a bad feeling about it and I don't have time to waist on something that's not everything it's supposed to be.. that's the problem.. if it sounds too good to be true..then there's probably a catch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

stephen in Grand Prairie, Texas

68 months ago

thank you guys so much. i just got back from evantage inc. they were so happy to have me telling me they are looking foward to have me because i am a family man. thank god i read these posts. thanks again guys

Frustrated in Marble Falls, Texas

66 months ago

I am a recent graduate and I have been searching for a job in advertising or PR and all I have been able to find and get responses from are scams. I don't understand why these people think that we would want to do these jobs. I did not go to 4 years of college to sell things door to door nor to get the wool pulled over my eyes. What are these people thinking? There are a lot of people out there that would be fine working those jobs I am sure, especially with the job market the way it is, so why not just post the job saying what it really is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

FORMER Bullet Employee in Fort Worth, Texas

60 months ago

The deception comes when they tell you they are a sports marketing and advertising company ONLY....you go into the little suite that they share with Dallas Edge and there's sports crap all over the place...the guy/"boss"(Dominick) tells you right before you go on your second interview "we're not going to do anything fancy today like fly you out to see the Lakers"....instead, they took me out to go door to door, pitching home improvement products for SEARS, not one thing having to do with sports (of course I didn't expect to be flown out anywhere, I got the joke)...I did that for two months...became account manager...and I didn't get 'base pay WITH commission as someone (current bullet employee) has stated they did above. The two months I was there was hell...yes, you can make the money, no lie, but its not worth it..especially with the hours you work...you can make 600 dollars a week...but if you think about it...its basically 7.50 an hour with the long hours you work...not worth it if you have other things to do...and that's a MAYBE...there was a week i made 120 dollars....some made less...and you can't be the slightest negative at all...its just a horrible place to work for, just horrible, it amazes me how blind and ignorant some of the 'leaders' there are...especially the tall blonde, and the short brunette. I'd rather keep doing what I'm doing now...than ever consider doing something like that again...not once was sports ever part of the job...its just something they try to get your attention with. Don't do it people.

oh on another note...during the second 'interview' they ask you questions having to do with sports teams which makes it seem a little more real....then out the car we go knocking on someone's door with the 'hi how are you? nothing crazy I promise, we're just doing some work in the area and saw you need to buy new windows, or siding, or an ac, or new kitchen or cabinets'...lol, uhg I could hate on that place all day long.

M in Frisco in Frisco, Texas

59 months ago

I have an interview with Evantage tomorrow, but it looks like I am going to pass. If this is door to door marketing then its not for me. Can anyone name some more of these types of companies so sombody else can save some time too?

Good Info in Arlington, Texas

59 months ago

I sent my resume to them on careerbuilder.com and within 30 minutes I got a response for them to call interview times were feeling up fast. I called and they set me for an interview the following day, I asked Brooklyn S. what is the position she said it is "FACE TO FACE SELLING FOR ATT" . I looked on the web to research UNIVERSAL ENDEAVORS in FT. WORTH. Finally i found this site. Thanks Im not going looks like door to door to me.

Honest Guy in Mabank in Mabank, Texas

59 months ago

Thanks so much for the information on Evanatge/Univeral Endeavors. I drove all the way to the Ft Worth office for a 10 minute interview and was told how much they liked my background and wanted to "set me up" for a 2nd interview the following day. I found it strange that they would send me to a place with a different name (Evantage), and then I found this information here. The 2nd "interview" would have been a 7 hour observation, so thanks again guys for saving me this waste. All others beware!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

employee in Carrollton, Texas

58 months ago

Honest Guy in Mabank in Mabank, Texas said: Thanks so much for the information on Evanatge/Univeral Endeavors. I drove all the way to the Ft Worth office for a 10 minute interview and was told how much they liked my background and wanted to "set me up" for a 2nd interview the following day. I found it strange that they would send me to a place with a different name (Evantage), and then I found this information here. The 2nd "interview" would have been a 7 hour observation, so thanks again guys for saving me this waste. All others beware!

I have to laugh at all of the ridiculous comments on Evantage. I have been an employee with the company for awhile now. To the person stated that the Dallas Stars were an exclusive client, is wrong. We work directly with AT&T. They are our client. Plain and simple. And yes, there are two offices....they are partner companies. Imagine that. :) If you are awesome at what you do, you'll succeed....if not, you won't. Plain and simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

I used to live in Atlanta and the same set up with different companies exists there too. They're legitimate companies but what confuses me is their method in sales. Everyone knows in retail there are clearance items that when accumulated and unsold, usually gets shipped out to companies like TJ MAX and Marshall's. The point is there are companies that do the same in this industry and it seems that these companies are set up in that manner. It is a lot of time spent just to make little pay but the companies are designed around high turnovers which explain their ad tactics. If you started early on with these companies then it possibly is worth the time and effort but for everyone else you're expendable. A few other companies that are based on print sales are going through similar problems due to the economy. YellowBook being one of them. Check that forum out and its like hell compared to this one.

Rooster in Garland, Texas

57 months ago

conskeeted in Dallas, Texas said: Has anyone worked for NB Direct Inc.? I have an interview with this company and have seen many job postings regarding the company but have not seen any reviews. They claim to be a sports marketing company with clients such as The Dallas Stars, Desperados, etc. Can anyone give me more information? Is this one of those door-to-door sales things? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am employed by Evant@ge,Inc. Yes, it is one of those door to door sales things. At first I was skeptical, too but I figured,"What the heck?" At least I'll be honest enough to say I tried. Well, I tried and it is incredible the amount of money some of these salesmen make! Also, door to door sales does a lot for your self image (believe it or not). I'm sold! I'm staying on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Aden in Arlington, Texas

57 months ago

Rooster in Garland, Texas said: I am employed by Evant@ge,Inc. Yes, it is one of those door to door sales things. At first I was skeptical, too but I figured,"What the heck?" At least I'll be honest enough to say I tried. Well, I tried and it is incredible the amount of money some of these salesmen make! Also, door to door sales does a lot for your self image (believe it or not). I'm sold! I'm staying on.

Then stay on, most of us have more dignity that sell ourselves short on something stupid such as this crap. They called me too an I've been in the cellular communications industry for 9 years and I'll be D@mned if I'm going to resort to knocking on people doors to make money alla (johovas witness). I got a job with T-mobile corporate and it was definitely worth the wait. I think I will send them a nasty replay via email and ask them, next time they call me, if they would want their kids working for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tired of worthless jobs in Frisco, Texas

55 months ago

I am so sick of all these crap sales positions that reply back in 30 minutes or less. I have tried working for a debt settlement company and a printing company since I graduated in May. The debt settlement company was a total scam, but had potential to make money if you were willing to wait 6 months to get going. Both involved 100+ cold calls per day. I realized that I wasn't going straight to upper management out of college but REALLY? I would rather live under a bridge then work for these ridiculous "companies". I had an interview with Evantage tomorrow, but will not be attending. Good luck with the job search everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Rowlett, Texas

55 months ago

Bullet employee in Dallas, Texas said: I am so glad that everyone here thinks they know everything about Bullet Marketing but have never worked here. Bullet HAS gone door to door before but that is not the only thing that we do. We also attend events, work inside our clients stores along beside them (Home Depot), attend client meetings, etc. The positions that we hire for are not just entry level sales and marketing that is commissioned based. We also hire for account managers. Account managers have a base plus commission. Assistant managers have base plus commission and bonuses/overrides and stay in the office most of the time unless they are attending client meetings. We work with pro sports teams like the Texas Rangers, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Stars. We also work with Home Depot and Sears. If we are not a legit company than neither are the clients I just listed. Working with Bullet has a lot of advantages. We get free sporting tickets. We also work with your schedule and the possibilities are endless. It is very unfortuante that the way we conduct business may upset some and have influence on others. Before you think about writing negative comments, make sure you know what you are talking about first.

I worked for a similar company in Ohio. Just because you say you work for certain companies doesn't mean you are an ethical and honest business. The company in Ohio said they worked for Chase Bank. We all know who they are. They also said they worked for NASCAR and Toys for Tots. They would sell items for these companies, go to shows, stand outside businesses like "Home Depot" and claim that a percentage of the profits went to charity and programs like Amber Alert. I worked there for three days and got a really bad feeling about it and so I quit. I couple months later NBC exposed them for being a fraudulant, unethical, and dishonest company. They ended up closing down and just reopening somewhere else under a different name...open your eyes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Post-graduate in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

Has anyone ever heard of Impact Events, Inc. in Dallas, TX? I am supposed to interview with them tomorrow morning, but now I am not sure I am going to do it. It sounds like it might be a door-to-door marketing company, and I am not interested. I can't find anything about them, besides their website. But please help me out and tell me if they are a door-to-door sales company!!

BTW - I had an interview with Evantage, as well, but I'm definitely canceling that one!

Thanks you for your posts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T D West in Irving, Texas

54 months ago

Yes it is I have interviewed with most of them.

Rooster in Garland, Texas

54 months ago

Yes, they are a door to door sales crew for AT&T U-verse. If you're good at door to door cold calls, you'll do OK. Otherwise, stay home and keep loooking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AH in Corpus Christi, Texas

54 months ago

Frustrated in Marble Falls, Texas said: I am a recent graduate and I have been searching for a job in advertising or PR and all I have been able to find and get responses from are scams. I don't understand why these people think that we would want to do these jobs. I did not go to 4 years of college to sell things door to door nor to get the wool pulled over my eyes. What are these people thinking? There are a lot of people out there that would be fine working those jobs I am sure, especially with the job market the way it is, so why not just post the job saying what it really is?

I completely agree with you. I just got my degree in Communications and I'm having the time of my life trying to sort through these scams. I just got off the phone with Evantage Inc and I noticed they were trying to beat around the bush with what they do. I was asking simple questions like, "is this position commission based?" or "is this a door to door sales position?" and he couldnt even answer my question! I'm not about to pack up and move all the way to Dallas, from Corpus and end up not being able to pay my bills and survive due to a commission based job. these folks are caraaaazy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lynn5966 in Grapevine, Texas

54 months ago

RvB-West in Dallas, Texas said: Roflz I appriciate all this information I went in a couple Days ago and then had my interview getting misleaded that I was going to get payed salary and make lots of money Now the truth is out there and I cant tell you how glad I am Tom for what you said has made me so releaved I am not nor ever going to work for them and whats funny is Evantage second interview for me was tommorow if there the same place thats not saying there the same no thank you THANK YOU TOM!

I believe that you should invest in a class teaching English as a primary language, good luck finding a job when you are unable to make any sort of sense in a simple posting. I don't understand why there are so many cry babies out there who just want to b*tch & b*tch. OK, so d2d sales is not for you, but guess what, it works for others & they're making a good living doing it. Get off your high horse people, take off your Pampers, & get on with your life. Do any of you know who Mary Kay is? She made millions of dollars from originally selling products door to door. These companies are legit, are contracted by a Fortune 100 company and if AT&T doesn't see them as a scam, than how can you? It's called outsource labor and at least it's being kept in the states and it's not telemarketing from India.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Tom Foolery in Bedford, Texas said: Spoke with them for quite a while. I also did their webinar. They MISLEAD people into thinking they are a large company. They show a large building and say that is their corporate headquarters. Just suite 1700 that is, not the whole building. As it turns out all they do is rent a very small one room executive office there. Then they occasionally rent the CONFERENCE room. They LITERALLY have 1 processer, who hires 1 assistant. They always say they are only hiring 100 people to work with them, and they currently have 82, so this may be the last chance, and we won't hire just anybody. They offer 2 plans, $988 and $488. They say you can't change between the plans for at least 45 days, so you should sign up for the HIGHER (WOW...YOU'RE REALLY STUPID) plan, or you will regret it. Of COURSE they have more then 100 people that have paid, it's just a way to get the SENSE of urgency into you. I would stay away from this company, the only leads you get, USUALLY don't speak english, or they would keep them themselves. The top producer has 4 assistants and says he does 20 per month, and gets over 1000 leads per month. He needs the assistants just to call them all. I for one don't have time to call 1000 people, just to get 20 closed, then split that 5 ways.......

Tom, you're awesome & I completely agree. Thank you!

54 months ago

employee in Carrollton, Texas said: I have to laugh at all of the ridiculous comments on Evantage. I have been an employee with the company for awhile now. To the person stated that the Dallas Stars were an exclusive client, is wrong. We work directly with AT&T. They are our client. Plain and simple. And yes, there are two offices....they are partner companies. Imagine that. :) If you are awesome at what you do, you'll succeed....if not, you won't. Plain and simple.

You're exactly right & thank you for stating what you & I believe to be obvious but unfortunately 85% of the population seem to be be quite unintelligent to put it nicely.

54 months ago

Aden in Arlington, Texas said: Then stay on, most of us have more dignity that sell ourselves short on something stupid such as this crap. They called me too an I've been in the cellular communications industry for 9 years and I'll be D@mned if I'm going to resort to knocking on people doors to make money alla (johovas witness). I got a job with T-mobile corporate and it was definitely worth the wait. I think I will send them a nasty replay via email and ask them, next time they call me, if they would want their kids working for this company.

Are you really that pathetic of a person to "send them a nasty 'replay'..."? At least you spelled dignity correctly, good for you!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.