Moving to Denver - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

y99611@msn.com in Meridian, Idaho

57 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?
I would stay in Minnesota or move to Denver to live by my grandchildren We came from St.Cloud Minnesota

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carol Powers in Aurora, Colorado

56 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

I came form Las Vegas Nevada. I came to Denver because my family lives here and I thought that it would be nice to be close to them. I have had a herendous experience with this move and ended up having to realize that I was clinically depressed. First of all, let me say that I am not psycotic. LOL. I arrived in Denver and broke my arm in three places shortly after I got here making it impossible for me to work for a number of months. That started my ordeal with living in my families house and not earning my way. Although they have all been very supportive I have not been happy with this arrangement and I tried desparately after I felt better to find work but all I have been able to find is volunteer work. I have pursued these jobs to keep myself active and to avoid going crazy--pretty much. I have worked in the past in the hotel industry in Las Vegas for most of my recent career (15 years) and prior to that I was a secretary. So I was sure that I could fall back on that experience. That has not been the case. There seem to be invisible jobs here and everything is really spread out. I am not use to the weather and the cold and the snow and I have had to adjust to that and the thought of going out and driving in this slush just isent my cup of tea. If you already have a career path or if you are a nurse and can get a traveling position in medicine your story may be different. I personally would say don't come unless you are sure you know what you are going to do when you get here. For sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KC73 in Parker, Colorado

51 months ago

I recently moved here with my fiance from Michigan. I had a stable, if not promising, job that paid mediocre to say the least but, the people were great. After a failed business venture my man was out of work. It had been a tough year and we were both looking for a new start. We moved out here three days ago and are staying with friends. I have signed up for so many resume posting and job alert accounts I can't keep track of em all. I am looking for either clerical, management, or retail work with a background in resturant management. My fiance has had quite some luck already. He has an extensive background in morgages, retail, business, and management. It is beautiful here and the job markets got to be better than in MI, which has an 18% unemployment rate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.