Up and coming jobs in Fort Lauderdale

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Fort Lauderdale?

Reply - Report abuse

voltaire, carline in Miami, Florida

84 months ago

I am a criminal justice graduate, and now woring as mental heath per diem. Please send me anything new.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Try working and doing labor type work. Doing Labor work will help you better understand what you don't want to do for a living, try to work 6 months to 1 1/2 years doing just labor type work. Its a very short window out of your life, and in the end you'll learn more about yourself in the short amount of time than you would climbing the ladder in the corprate world

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Judith M.Gonzalez in San Juan, Puerto Rico

75 months ago

As a fully bilingual person. I'm looking a administrative assistant position for the upcoming months of october thru december, 2008. I'm willing to relocate in Ft. Lauderdale to be near my daughter. As a Administrative for more than 25 yrs of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marcia in Bloomington, Indiana

75 months ago

Host said: What jobs are on the rise in Fort Lauderdale?

I am looking for Management on the hospitality field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sunszu in Miami, Florida

74 months ago

I relocated to South Florida after my company started downsizing back in NYC. 17 years down the drain. Now living in Fort Lauderdale for 1 1/2 years. I have been trying to find employment in fort Lauderdale or Miami. Have years of experience in a variety of areas. The culture seems strange. They ask your for Rocket science experience. Once you get to the interview. Yes, you thought it. Half of what you truly expected. OH, lets not talk about the actual company's or agency getting back to you for at least to tell you still waiting, not interested, or went with someone else. The professionalism seems to go out the window. At least in my own personal experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gary Gookins in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

72 months ago

Florida is the worst state ever, between the corrupt politics and police,court systems. The jobs suck here and the people are mean. They will rob the eyes out of your head if you are not looking. the 6 jails in ft laud are full and those are the innocent ones. the crooks are walking the streets. I felt safer in N.Y.C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick

71 months ago

If you are not latino or another import ,its hard to get a job here .I have been here for 5 years now,
worked in construction for 15 years in the feild and in managment,have a lot of experience and good job back ground .I have been in the employment line 4 times this year allready.The job market sucks here it is hard to pay your bills and to live here .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cameal in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

71 months ago

cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Pompano Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Yes what jobs are on the rise here in south Fl .I would sure like to know .Only the unemploymnet is on the rise when you can get them to pay you or answer the phone .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gueurline in Pompano Beach, Florida

70 months ago

i need a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IlonaC in Charleston, South Carolina

70 months ago

I am fully bilingual german/english. I'm looking for a administrative assistant/clerical/receptionist/customer service position for the upcoming month of january, 2009. I'm relocate back to Ft. Lauderdale. As a administrative/customer service for more than 15 yrs of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

IlonaC in Charleston, South Carolina said: I am fully bilingual german/english. I'm looking for a administrative assistant/clerical/receptionist/customer service position for the upcoming month of january, 2009. I'm relocate back to Ft. Lauderdale. As a administrative/customer service for more than 15 yrs of experience.

You're bilingual. You better become trilingual. Learn Spanish. I'm in Tampa, and Spanish here is more important than English. Twenty years ago, Spanish was rare in Tampa.

Jackie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

66 months ago

To everyone using this thread. Keep your chin up, and keep looking. You have to stay positive, or your search will be daunting at best... I've lived here for a year (actually today is my one year anniversary), and yes, the job market is bleak, but keep moving forward. Try WorkforceOne. They do a great job, you can utilize all their job search tools, and they provide weekly workshops to help you update your skills on job searching. Good luck...

Patrick Canvin in Pompano Beach, Florida

66 months ago

I have been getting e-mails for a while now from different jobs
here in south Florida. How do the emploreers get your resume .
I have copyed and paste it a while ago. I have also replyed to
e-mails i have received from jobs,they are all out of state .
Can you get a head hunter to help you get job leads. I have also
have receved e-mails from at&t HR deptment and i can not reply to them anymore. I have got a job in the electronics for comcast cable
and have been there for a year now. I would like to get back into
the construction industry in managment as i have 15 years experience in. Hope to hear from you soon .

Thank You for your time
Patrick South Florida

66 months ago

HI Patrick,

I've learned that placing your resume on the job boards (i.e. Monter, Careerbuilder), doesn't work very well. You have to Network, and let people (real people, not computers) know that you're looking for work. I'm gonna start going to Networking Events in my area, you should do the same. Check your local Chamber of Commerce, or some local websites. You will most definitely find events happening in your area. Just a note too, you should really check your spelling and grammar (or have someone else check it for you) before sending your resume and cover letters.

Good Luck,

Jackie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Thanks for the response, but I am focusing my search on Marketing, or Training and Development. Not really looking to get back into sales. I used to sell for SYSCO Foods.

Jackie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cheeze in fla in Ocala, Florida

65 months ago

my advise to all who are job hunting like myself is to continue to look ,be willing to relocate if the area you want to be in is not hiring. Listen to the small still voice that will guide you when that time comes . I know it sounds like I may be out of my mind but, like some of you I have been looking for work for at least a year ,I just finished an unarmed security guard class and there are a great many jobs in this area . IT WILL DO UNTIL I CAN GET BACK INTO MY FIELD . cHIN UP EVERY ONE YOU CAN DO IT .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

power for a purpose in Franklin, Tennessee

65 months ago

cheeze in fla in Ocala, Florida said: my advise to all who are job hunting like myself is to continue to look ,be willing to relocate if the area you want to be in is not hiring. Listen to the small still voice that will guide you when that time comes . I know it sounds like I may be out of my mind but, like some of you I have been looking for work for at least a year ,I just finished an unarmed security guard class and there are a great many jobs in this area . IT WILL DO UNTIL I CAN GET BACK INTO MY FIELD . cHIN UP EVERY ONE YOU CAN DO IT .

GREAT SPIRIT AND GREAT ADVICE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT STILL, I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK. MY POSITION IS IN SALES/MANAGEMENT IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST. REALLY GREAT MONEY AND LOTS OF FUN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

max in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

64 months ago

i am interested in management in hospitality field

itsme in Peoria, Arizona

59 months ago

Patrick Canvin in Pompano Beach, Florida said:

PLease contact me i have something for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tam in United Kingdom

58 months ago

Hello everybody
I am looking to re-locate to Fort Lauderdale and trying to find employment there. I am fully bilingual German/English, have worked in the Tourism Industry (running a museum, working for Royal Caribbean as Guest Services Officer, and latterly in Front Office/Accounting in a small luxury hotel). I also have three years' experience in Banking as settlement officer (Treasury).
Would love to stay with Tourism, Hotels, Cruise Industry or Banking but happy to do anything, any hours. I have a BA in History and MA in Archaeology and love to interact with people from all walks of life. I have plenty of admin and customer services experience, as well as managing and training junior staff. Maybe someone knows of something for me...I am German and have lived in the UK for 14 years.
Many thanks
Tam

Sean in Dania, Florida

55 months ago

Patrick Canvin in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I have been getting e-mails for a while now from different jobs
here in south Florida. How do the emploreers get your resume .
I have copyed and paste it a while ago. I have also replyed to
e-mails i have received from jobs,they are all out of state .
Can you get a head hunter to help you get job leads. I have also
have receved e-mails from at&t HR deptment and i can not reply to them anymore. I have got a job in the electronics for comcast cable
and have been there for a year now. I would like to get back into
the construction industry in managment as i have 15 years experience in. Hope to hear from you soon .

Thank You for your time
Patrick South Florida

Hey Patrick, I being trying to get a job with comcast for awhile now and I am going to school for electronics systems tech and I want to know how did you get a job with them please reply cause I am about to go crazy if when I graduate and I dont get a job in my field I leaving this state and pursuing many different careers

S_Somarriba-Ugarte in San Francisco, California

55 months ago

I am relocating to Fort Lauderdale, should be there by the end of March and am seeking employment. I have experience in Customer Relations, Insurance (Adjuster for claims from beginning thru litigation) and as a Paralegal. I am fully bilingual (English/Spanish)and conversational Portuguese. If anyone out there can help it would be appreciated

jackiegirl34@hotmail.com in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

Hey There. There's a great organization called WorkForce One. You can utilize them for free resume critique, workshops, job placement services, etc. They have several locations, but use the South branch, which is in Davie. I think the website is wf1broward.com or something like that. Good luck!

ssomarriba-ugarte in San Francisco, California

55 months ago

Jackie, thank you for your input, I'll check them out when I get there. Have you used them yourself?

xbusinessanalyst in Sahuarita, Arizona

55 months ago

dont work for momentum payment systems..its a scam...the only money you have is what you spend to get to the second rate appointments

Chrystal McMichael in Raleigh, North Carolina

55 months ago

Hey everyone; I am trying my hardest to find a Healthcare Administration position in Fort Lauderdale. My fiance' has been offered a job and we are looking to move as soon as I do the same. I currently live in Raleigh, NC, am only 25 but have 10 years of experience. I type 95WPM, and currently work at Duke University Medical Hospital, assisting the Director of Neurosurgery. I am looking for something similar, a position that requires little to no supervison and allows me to run the doctor's practice. I've noticed that a lot of people want someone Spanish speaking but I do not have experience speaking anything other than English. I am able to move within 2 weeks of being hired and do not need relocation paid for. I have tried applying online to all of the major hospitals in Fort Lauderdale/Miami/Plantation/Fort Meyers and as many Federal Government and State Government jobs. I want job security, as my fiance' is in the finance field and you never know with that field how secure a position is. I also have experience as a transcriptionist, Legal Secretary, Medical Secretary, Office Coordinator, Office Manager, Medical Records Administrator and have worked in the Healthcare, Legal, Human Services and Real Estate fields.

Any help would be great guys!! :)
Thanks so much!

Nancy in Pompano Beach, Florida

39 months ago

Chrystal McMichael in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hey everyone; I am trying my hardest to find a Healthcare Administration position in Fort Lauderdale. My fiance' has been offered a job and we are looking to move as soon as I do the same. I currently live in Raleigh, NC, am only 25 but have 10 years of experience. I type 95WPM, and currently work at Duke University Medical Hospital, assisting the Director of Neurosurgery. I am looking for something similar, a position that requires little to no supervison and allows me to run the doctor's practice. I've noticed that a lot of people want someone Spanish speaking but I do not have experience speaking anything other than English. I am able to move within 2 weeks of being hired and do not need relocation paid for. I have tried applying online to all of the major hospitals in Fort Lauderdale/Miami/Plantation/Fort Meyers and as many Federal Government and State Government jobs. I want job security, as my fiance' is in the finance field and you never know with that field how secure a position is. I also have experience as a transcriptionist, Legal Secretary, Medical Secretary, Office Coordinator, Office Manager, Medical Records Administrator and have worked in the Healthcare, Legal, Human Services and Real Estate fields.

Any help would be great guys!! :)
Thanks so much!

This person rented from me. He was a scam artist and I located him in anither part of Florida. He was evicted from there, as well and scammed people.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.