Moving to Fort Myers - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

dcvd in Estero, Florida

76 months ago

SW Florida is a retirement community, impossible to find work unless you are in the business of taking care of old people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joanes Saintil in Fort Myers, Florida

75 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

I cam from fot lauderdale florida ,i move here wt my wife for a bether life

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa in Miami, Florida

69 months ago

dcvd in Estero, Florida said: SW Florida is a retirement community, impossible to find work unless you are in the business of taking care of old people.

Not necessarily a place for retirement, but people are really trying to make it that way by promoting health care jobs more so than others. That completely kills a city and any chance of tourist.
Check out craiglist > florida > fort myers > beauty > "Braids" by Brenda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MP in Johannesburg, South Africa

65 months ago

My family and I (two small kids) are planning to move to Fort Myers (acquiring a business) - are there any good places for young families?

joanes Saintil in Cape Coral, Florida

57 months ago

[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yellowbox in Fort Myers, Florida

46 months ago

I went to a two week Vocational school for Nursing assistant. I received my Fl certification- meaning I paid 120.00 to the state and passed. But, no one in a retirement or nursing home will hire someone from a two week course eventhough the schools are legit. How would I have known that or that without minimum 2 years or some places want 5yrs of experience no need to aply. So, yes lots of old people but I spent $600.00 to take care of the elderly and still no job.. The whole thing ended up being a farce.

yamIhere in Fort Myers, Florida

43 months ago

MP in Johannesburg, South Africa said: My family and I (two small kids) are planning to move to Fort Myers (acquiring a business) - are there any good places for young families?

There's plenty of places in FT meyers that are quite reasonable now. Is this a place for young families, NO way its all old retired peole many of whom are only half year residents.Hopefully your business is either well established,Health care or a restaraunt..be warned you will only due well with some businesses 6 months out of the year here.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.