What are the best neigborhoods in Gary?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

Arnita Rudder in Indianapolis, Indiana

75 months ago

colleen in Oldham, United Kingdom said: I will be moving to Gary, Indiana this year sometime. My fiancee lives on the border to Merrillville and that part is fairly okay. But to be honest, a huge part of the rest of it - I wouldn't let my dog out at night there. Sorry.
If the mayor and his team just decided to get on a get the roads sorted, cut the overgrown grass, repaint flaking metal paintwork and work hard to get solid inward investment, It wouldnt be too bad I suppose as the countryside surrounding it is great. The best place to live in all honesty is in one of the districts outside of Gary eg Hobart, Portage, Merrillville, Valparaiso etc. These are nice places and the crime is much, much lower.

Calumet Township is a good location in Gary to live. It's a mix racial community with all home owners and good schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

boobay .p.k.a.thagod in Michigan City, Indiana

73 months ago

u have a nice mix about gary ilived in that hole all my life it`s kool there uno people make the city what it iz to day gary waz a nice place to raise yur kid`s at now day`s hell no do not do it for yur kid`s life oure yur on life u d.i.g. much luv 1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.