Up and coming jobs in Greenville

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Greenville?

Reply - Report abuse

Patrice in Greenville, South Carolina

79 months ago

I would like to know what jobs are coming up in Greenville SC. Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ben in Spartanburg, South Carolina

77 months ago

I have heard Microsof is coming to Greenvile from several sources. Also Rumors of Google and another well-known tech company I can't remember at the moment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary Evans in Simpsonville, South Carolina

76 months ago

I am desperatly searching for a clerical administrative or secreterial job in the greenville area I just moved to simpsonville in December and am having no luck. If anyone has any info for companies that are hiring it would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Herself in Simpsonville, South Carolina

76 months ago

I would be interested in some info on the Employment Agencies in the Greenville/Anderson Area. I've registered with a few of them, but never hear from them. If I call, they say don't call us, we will call you. My resume is stellar, it's not that. What gives? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pauline in Greenville, South Carolina

76 months ago

Best of luck in your search! I too have a great resume, and
had the same response as you.

Herself in Greenville, South Carolina

75 months ago

Pauline, thank you and best of luck to you as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IN Greenville in Greenville, South Carolina

75 months ago

BEWARE...If you use TEK Systems in Greenville SC then just beware that they once they place you and they draw their 30 day payment (you have to be on-site 30 days before they get paid) they are probably going to drop you. They did that to me...talked me out of a good job (although it was downsizing)...told me that I would have at least a 30 day notice before the contract ended. Lockheed Martin will hose you over also. They were the client and I was led to believe that everything was going great - no problems.

Instead What I got on the 30th day was a phone call that their client no longer needed my services and that I should apply for unemployment. They did add that their client stated I was an excellent employee etc. It seems that I was lured into LM as a cover while people went on vacation etc.

If I had known that I would have taken my chances at the origional job. JUST BEWARE of TEK Systems and don't let them short change you on pay. They like to try and get you into a job $5 - $10 less than what other temp agencies are paying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

edwin velez in Albuquerque, New Mexico

75 months ago

Mary Evans in Simpsonville, South Carolina said: I am desperatly searching for a clerical administrative or secreterial job in the greenville area I just moved to simpsonville in December and am having no luck. If anyone has any info for companies that are hiring it would be greatly appreciated.

hi there my name is edwin velez, yes i know how difficult it is in simpsonville south carolina. i lived there for a few months looking for that job. i had a few. but not my type of work. i would check with the police department ot the school systems there always hiring. i am in new mexico working for a good company thats based out of atlanta. im keeping my eyes open for a transfer to the east coast i miss it there good luck and would like to hear from you again on your search thank you and take care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GARY in Greenville, South Carolina

73 months ago

I AM LOOKING FOR A JOB IN COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION, BUT RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS THAT NO ONE IS HIRING OR THEY ARE SUBING OUT THE WORK. CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND SOMETHING PLEASE. I'LL EVEN DO RESIDENTIAL AT THIS POINT. MY RESUME IS A WHO'S WHO IN CONSTRUCTION FOR THE LAST 35 YEARS. AND I DO QUALITY WORK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ell in Greenville, South Carolina

70 months ago

when can you tell two children, which are 3 weeks apart that they are adapted and how do you tell them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Vince in Mauldin, South Carolina

66 months ago

Mary Evans in Simpsonville, South Carolina said: I am desperatly searching for a clerical administrative or secreterial job in the greenville area I just moved to simpsonville in December and am having no luck. If anyone has any info for companies that are hiring it would be greatly appreciated.

It might help if you could learn to spell and capitalize your nouns. There is a great Community College in Greenville and one in Spartanburg as well. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

leggead in Greenville, South Carolina

61 months ago

If you are having trouble finding the right job in this economy, your local OneStop will be able to provide you with information regarding government funding to get you training to sharpen your skills. If you get approved you can choose a program and a training provider and the state will pay the bill!

McAlister Square One-Stop Center
225 S. Pleasantburg Drive
Suite C-16
Greenville, SC 29607
M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*Click here for directions to the McAlister Square One-Stop Office.

Adam Leggett
Education Consultant
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
adaml@newhorizonssc.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allen in Greer, South Carolina

61 months ago

Hi all,

I work in the IT Staffing/Recruiting world @ FGP Technology (www.fgptech.com). What's hot here in the Upstate is software developers. So if you have solid skills doing .NET development, Sharepoint development, Java, etc. then there's a pretty good chance I can put you to work.

If you are non-IT (admin/clerical) then contact via www.fgp.com and ask for someone in the Admin Staffing group. That group is always looking for office people.

HTH some!

I'm an IT guy and I've been in your shoes - laid off during the .com explosion/recession. It's frustrating and wearying but keep networking and plugging away!

~Allen

Edward01

57 months ago

The best advise is to go back where you came this is not a friendly town for employment ED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Edward01

57 months ago

Go back home it is not a friendly town for employment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Pauline Straub in Greenville, South Carolina

57 months ago

That may be true; however, if you can begin strong networking you might be able to find something. Most jobs are obtained through your contacts in this town. I too am trying to expand my contact base. You will need to think outside the box, and attend professional meetings, chambers, etc.

dacody in Greenville, South Carolina

57 months ago

does any one know if there are in logging or forestry type jobs available in the greenville sc area.

kelvin88 in Kingstree, South Carolina

56 months ago

IN Greenville in Greenville, South Carolina said: BEWARE...If you use TEK Systems in Greenville SC then just beware that they once they place you and they draw their 30 day payment (you have to be on-site 30 days before they get paid) they are probably going to drop you. They did that to me...talked me out of a good job (although it was downsizing)...told me that I would have at least a 30 day notice before the contract ended. Lockheed Martin will hose you over also. They were the client and I was led to believe that everything was going great - no problems.

Instead What I got on the 30th day was a phone call that their client no longer needed my services and that I should apply for unemployment. They did add that their client stated I was an excellent employee etc. It seems that I was lured into LM as a cover while people went on vacation etc. i gree

If I had known that I would have taken my chances at the origional job. JUST BEWARE of TEK Systems and don't let them short change you on pay. They like to try and get you into a job $5 - $10 less than what other temp agencies are paying.

i agree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Allen in Piedmont, South Carolina

56 months ago

Hey you Tek refugees. Send me your resumes (if you're IT related) --> allen@fgptech.com. I love taking business away from Tek. :D

Edward01

54 months ago

There are to many people looking for the same job. The employers delete your resume because you are not in front of them. They are overwelmed with hundreds of resumes. Maybe it is the fault of the senator of this state and the farming out of the jobs overseas. Maybe there are not jobs left just alot of American people who have no hope just empty promises that cannot be filled, ????

DG in Laurens, South Carolina

54 months ago

I moved here from NY two years ago, and I put my resume in a temp agency and landed a job with a contract company. I now work at Greenville Hospital after working for the contract company for a year, so jobs can be found. It is a tough time, so you have to keep calling and reminding them of your interest. Try Godshall Staffing, as they will call you. You may have to call them and remind them, but they will match you with jobs you qualify for and call you. It is true the agencies are overwhelmed, so you have to make yourself stand out by looking like the one who wants the job the most.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Earl the demo sales rep in Simpsonville, South Carolina

50 months ago

Ron Kelly in Greenville, South Carolina said: I have an extensive sales background. It and Finance.
Business development
Territory Management
Relationship Management
Supervisory role for small sales team.
Channel Sales.
Develop new and exsisting customers.

Does anyone know of any company hiring these skill sets.

If you are a good demo sales person Zep, Barnes Group, Lawson, Safety Kleen, Zee Medical, anytime I know a lot about this fields because selling in it for over 30 years. send me a email will will talk. James Earl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tim01 in Greenville, South Carolina

48 months ago

I've lived here in Greenville for over 10 years and had no luck at all finding a job here in the upstate for the last 3 years. My background is IT and I have over 20 years of experience. Is it my age now that I'm 48 or would it be that maybe may job skills are outdated now?
I've gone back to Greenville Tech. to take A+ certification course , have completed it and put it on my resume however this has not made a difference in getting a job.
Maybe I need to change careers or go back to school again, not sure what to do at this point. I am very frustrated with the way the job market is now here in Greenville. I've been to all of the internet sites (careerbuilder.com, monster.com, and many other sites and have registered with them for over 3 years but to no avail, no one is calling. I have recently registered with MAU agency to apply at BMW and there is no response there at all either. I know I have skills that someone would be interested in however there is very little opportunity it seems, my last job was 3 months at chase Professionals where I was hired in March of this year in fact as a part-timer doing help desk troubleshooting work and was immediately laid off after 3 months after the company promised that they would hire us. This is the only job that I have had in over 3 years. Is there any hope out there? What do I need to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ehtisham in orlando, Florida

48 months ago

tim01 in Greenville, South Carolina said: I've lived here in Greenville for over 10 years and had no luck at all finding a job here in the upstate for the last 3 years. My background is IT and I have over 20 years of experience. Is it my age now that I'm 48 or would it be that maybe may job skills are outdated now?
I've gone back to Greenville Tech. to take A+ certification course , have completed it and put it on my resume however this has not made a difference in getting a job.
Maybe I need to change careers or go back to school again, not sure what to do at this point. I am very frustrated with the way the job market is now here in Greenville. I've been to all of the internet sites (careerbuilder.com, monster.com, and many other sites and have registered with them for over 3 years but to no avail, no one is calling. I have recently registered with MAU agency to apply at BMW and there is no response there at all either. I know I have skills that someone would be interested in however there is very little opportunity it seems, my last job was 3 months at chase Professionals where I was hired in March of this year in fact as a part-timer doing help desk troubleshooting work and was immediately laid off after 3 months after the company promised that they would hire us. This is the only job that I have had in over 3 years. Is there any hope out there? What do I need to do?

Its certainly not the age which matters, I don't know much about Greenville may be location have to do something with it, have you ever thought of re-locating because I think your education and training is enough to get a reasonable job. If you want I can help you create some opportunities for you in your location, you can contact me at ehtisham@inteleso.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.