Best companies to work for in Houston?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Houston? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Richard Williams in Henderson, Nevada

86 months ago

I'm moving to Houston, TX within the next couple of months and was wondering what jobs are instantly hiring in that time frame. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (620) / No (78) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin Smith in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

What kind of job are you looking for? If your looking in the software industry try Quorum Business Solutions www.qbsol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

gabby in Hayward, California

85 months ago

hahahaha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

Janae in Little Rock, Arkansas

78 months ago

I am moving to Houston in the next few months. I am bilingual and have 3 years of experience in purchasing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what companies would be a good fit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Craig Mackay in Australia

75 months ago

Richard Williams in Henderson, Nevada said: I'm moving to Houston, TX within the next couple of months and was wondering what jobs are instantly hiring in that time frame. Thank you

Sorry forgot the web address, www.bhpbilliton.com there are a number of jobs listed on the site for Huoston

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

Janae in Little Rock, Arkansas said: I am moving to Houston in the next few months. I am bilingual and have 3 years of experience in purchasing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what companies would be a good fit?

Try calling painterpersonnel & Associates, <Edited by Host: Contact Info Removed>.
Ask for <Edited by Host: Name Removed> she's great and will be a big help, tell her <Edited by Host: Name Removed> suggested contacting her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Suzana in Phoenix, Arizona

72 months ago

I would like to move back to Houston in the next 4 months and currently looking for jobs in healthcare admin and account/client management jobs. Where are the best companies to work with over 500 employees?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Annette in Chevy Chase, Maryland

67 months ago

Hi I am planning to relocate to Houston, Texas in two months. Can someone recommend a good company in terms of pay and benefits, structure, organization, and teamwork. I am seeking a Computer Technician position where I can utilize my hardware/software troubleshooting skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

D in Hollywood, Florida

66 months ago

I have my bachelors in Business Administration and I have over 8 years of Executive and Office Managerial Experience. I am planning on moving to Houston in a few months, what companies should I look into and what are great sites?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

The Chosen One in Raleigh, North Carolina

56 months ago

I am planning on moving to Houston,TX in the spring. I am looking for a job in Communications/Media. It could be with a sports team, college, medical center, energy company, etc... I have an open mind to new opportunities of employment. Does anyone have any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

csj2308 in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

I have my bachelors in Business Administration and am going back to school in the fall to get my MBA. I have 2 years of experience in Human Resources. Does anyone have any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Russell Williams in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

locksmith job in NW Houston, Texas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in San Antonio, Texas

56 months ago

Im moving to Houston this month...looking for a job in Conroe area...my skill sets Agressive Marketing, Management administrative, call centers, and IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PRECIOUS THOMAS in Virginia Beach, Virginia

55 months ago

IM MOVING TO HOUSTON TEXAS WITH A BS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW ANY GOOD JOBS IN MY FIELD????????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Jbrand in Kennesaw, Georgia

54 months ago

I'm moving to houston in 3 months and i have about 6 year experiance on Transportation and ligistic areas. Do any body know any company or any oportunities??

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas

54 months ago

Anything in the oil and medical...I have recently moved here as well and still looking. There are so many jobs...in Houston. You many want to start plugging in job alerts there are really some good ones out there. Also believe or not craigslist is really popular with employers out here.
Good luck and keep in touch let me know things work out:)
lela

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Illinois in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

I am planning to move to Houston in May. I am looking for a job in Medical field. As Medical Assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NIT in Memphis, Tennessee

52 months ago

I AM MOVING TO HOUSTON IN 3 MONTHS. I'VE RECENTLY GRADUATED WITH MY BS IN DATA COMMUNICATION SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD COMPANY IN TERMS OF PAY, BENEFITS, STRUCTURE, ORGANIZATION AND TEAMWORK? I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas

52 months ago

careerstallion.com/

Friend sent me this stating it is the BEST....better than career builder and Monster...try it out, tell me what you think
Good Luck:)
Lela

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NIT in Memphis, Tennessee

52 months ago

THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE? DO YOU KNOW ANYMORE SITES I CAN SEARCH?

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas said: careerstallion.com/

Friend sent me this stating it is the BEST....better than career builder and Monster...try it out, tell me what you think
Good Luck:)
Lela

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nit in Arlington, Tennessee

52 months ago

I tried going to lanestaffing.com but i couldn't register. How do you register? What is BTW? I am going to try Edward Jones next. Time is moving so fast and I haven't found anything yet. Anymore suggestions! Do I wait til I come to Houston?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas

52 months ago

Hello...someone had forwarded me the site and so I don't know how to share further information. BTW, (by the way) lol. What part of Houston do you live. University of Phoenix is always hiring great company..they are looking for Enrollment Counselor..Im a graduate...I on my 4th interview and I have a friend who works there in San Antonio...she is a counselor...the pay is great and off on Fridays...no weekends...and great company, Large company good stability and you can move up very fast.
Also, this morning, I got on craigslist and got 3 responses for interviews..Did you try yet...this has been the only site that really get fast interviews.
Let me know, hope this help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

nithop in Memphis, Tennessee

52 months ago

I have a BS in Data Communication Systems Technology. Wouldn't I need experience to work for University of Phoenix. I will be moving to West Houston. I am going on Craigslist now. I will keep you posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas

52 months ago

Great...the enrollment position is just a entry level to move up...they are always hiring for this position because people move up so fast...50 campuses all over the world.
Go to: phoenix.edu, there are several types of position!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nithop in Memphis, Tennessee

52 months ago

Do anyone know anything about the Cypress area? I will be moving there in a month. I am look for a technical job. Are there any good jobs in Cypress for recent graduates?

MoneyMagnetElizabeth

51 months ago

Richard Williams in Henderson, Nevada said: I'm moving to Houston, TX within the next couple of months and was wondering what jobs are instantly hiring in that time frame. Thank you

Were you able to receive any feed back
because I am doing the same from Nys

Tie in Washington, District of Columbia

51 months ago

Sorry, no, I did not

PrincessML in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

I am totally ready to make a change in my career. Does anyone know of a job that is hiring for creative and innovative people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carla Barbosa in Porto, Portugal

49 months ago

I would like to move to Houston, Texas, but still looking for job opportunities.
I'm graduated in Internacional Business, actually working as client manager in a bank after being in a portuguese multinational company in import/export quality control and internacional commerce, here in Portugal. I speak fluently 4 languages and have basic nocions for 3 more.
Does any one know for some job I can apply!?

ZBSLG109 in Missouri City, Texas

48 months ago

Hello Everyone !!
I just recently graduated with a B.B.A in International Business and Economics. I am trying to find a job entry level job and I am finding it quite difficult. Does any one know of any good companies hiring ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MoneyMagnetElizabeth

48 months ago

ZBSLG109 in Missouri City, Texas said: Hello Everyone !!
I just recently graduated with a B.B.A in International Business and Economics. I am trying to find a job entry level job and I am finding it quite difficult. Does any one know of any good companies hiring ?

You should register with agencies that specializes in Chemical Manufacturing out of Washington DC, VA and MD. Do a search and call them up.

juniorgarcia_law in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

I'm trying to get a job in the oil/gas industry even if its entry level(willing to start at the bottom), the only bad thing is I dont have any experience in that field. Only experience I have is in the legal field. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get in???????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel Carrera in Las Cruces, New Mexico

47 months ago

Recent Graduate looking for an entry level IT Career in Houston Area? Any companies to look forward in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andre Holmes in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

I am in the process of moving to Houston in the first quater of next year from Chicago. I have a BS in accounting(3 years exp) and 4 courses short of an associates in Healthcare Information Technology and will be elgible for the RHIT certification exam. What are the job opportunities like in Houston as well as a good location to move too with reasonable rent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas

46 months ago

Congrads on your decisions in taking the first step on being sucessful...I can relate just move to Houston as Well...great pay and great rental...I started out with temps and landed a great job with Shell ...took me 5 mos but well worth it...great company and great pay...still getting opportunites as well....from other agencies!...
Good Luck!
laylaz1@yahoo.com (stay in touch)!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

singleparent in Hope, Arkansas

45 months ago

I am a recent grad with a BBA in Management. I am looking to move to the Houston area in the next 6 months. Looking for a job in education or foreign services. Need information on the best schools and top companies. BTW my daughter is 7. Any help would be beneficial and thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas

45 months ago

Houston has great corporate recruiting companies, they are fantastic in getting you a great paying job. Also consider commuting downtown, employers pay 3 times as much.
Good luck and God bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

singleparent in Hope, Arkansas

45 months ago

Thanks laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas. I will start surfing the web today and hopefully I will find a few corporate recruiting companies. By chance do you know if any of them pay for relocation?

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas

45 months ago

Corporate Staffing is the best
Chase Staffing is also good

stevenwixom in Kerrville, Texas

42 months ago

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas said: Houston has great corporate recruiting companies, they are fantastic in getting you a great paying job. Also consider commuting downtown, employers pay 3 times as much.
Good luck and God bless

What companies do you have, could you help me in finding some, send some leads or somehtin

Huskergirl in Pearland, Texas

42 months ago

laylaz1 in Conroe, Texas said: Congrads on your decisions in taking the first step on being sucessful...I can relate just move to Houston as Well...great pay and great rental...I started out with temps and landed a great job with Shell ...took me 5 mos but well worth it...great company and great pay...still getting opportunites as well....from other agencies!...
Good Luck!
laylaz1@yahoo.com (stay in touch)!

I'm moving to the Tomball area,who are the temp agencies that you used that were able to get you into the oil industry? And how long did it take to find a perm. position?

MNMan in Saint Paul, Minnesota

41 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Houston? Why are they a great employer?

Hi,

I am moving to Houston in the next 2 months. I am looking for a job in medical/pharm sales. Know of anyone where I can get my foot in the door?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

Been in town (Houston) for a week now running around for a job. Does anyone know where I could go look?. I have an MA in HR,good knowledge of Training and some yrs of Substitute teaching background. I am good with good entry level positions fro where i could grow.
please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

laylaz1 in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

If you dont mind temp to perm, Houston has some really good temp services...

LookingforIT in Toledo, Ohio

39 months ago

I've been searching for an IT job along the lines of Systems Admin, Desktop Support for the last 7 months. Does anyone know of companies that won't mind I'm an out of state candidate? I can't move until I land a job.

laylaz1 in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

chase source and corporate staffing

imanii in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

LookingforIT in Toledo, Ohio said: I've been searching for an IT job along the lines of Systems Admin, Desktop Support for the last 7 months. Does anyone know of companies that won't mind I'm an out of state candidate? I can't move until I land a job.

Try MHMRA of Harris County. They will not pay for relocation expenses, but they are hiring for your field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jefsteve in Katy, Texas

38 months ago

ZBSLG109 in Missouri City, Texas said: Hello Everyone !!

I actually expect to graduate in August 2011 with the same degree and have been intensely researching different companies and industries these past few months. I speak mandarin Chinese and I'd like to work in Texas ideally. Not too convinced of my prospect. Please let me know how you ended up and share with me any other information that might be useful. Thanks.

Geologist in Conway, Arkansas

36 months ago

juniorgarcia_law in Houston, Texas said: I'm trying to get a job in the oil/gas industry even if its entry level(willing to start at the bottom), the only bad thing is I dont have any experience in that field. Only experience I have is in the legal field. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get in???????

Go take some geology classes. Get a job Geosteering. Entry level you'll start around $90K, and get experience in unconventional shale/nat. gas drilling. Which happens to be the hottest and fastest growing sector in the Industry today and will be for the foreseeable future.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.