felon looking for work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 96)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

adamybarra in Pasadena, Texas

48 months ago

I have been looking for work to support my family but it feel like my past is hurting that and it happened over 13 years ago if any one knows of a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (88) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

STARLIGHT in Riverdale, Georgia

48 months ago

My son is in Houston has a felony conviction with 2 yrs college. He needs a job like yesterday. Can someone point him in the right direction. He doesn't have a car so it has to be on the bus line. He will work. He needs help in a situation that if he stays it is going to get worse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (199) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

johnwalker713 in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

call or look in the local green sheet or you can use a network of other that are felons lookin for a good job ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lolita Jones in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

I am having a hard time looking for work due to my background. I have a welfarefare fraud case 11 years old. I have been an Activity Drector,Housekeeping Supervisor and Receptionist. If anybody could please help me out....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nikki b in Missouri City, Texas

48 months ago

i was wanting to find wrk in a warehouse ,call center , or where ever i can i have as felony and im really looking for wrk asap .... if anyone knows where i can go to find wrk i would really appreciate it thank u in advance...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

convict need a employment in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

In my past I sold drugs and I got 2 convictions for drug charges. I'm on a path to turn my life in the right direction but my felonies are holding me down. Every morning I'm up on hunt for a job, I don't care what the job is as long as I'm working. My parole officer is on my back because I can't pay my parole fees even though she know that I'm really and truly looking a job.I go to the workforce and every job lead they've giving me has lead me to nothing.I got a family that I need to take care of,can any body give some leads that will help me out. THANK YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Juan Espinal in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

Hello, my name is Juan Espinal.
I got my diploma of certified phlebotomy technician, and I am trying to find a job but every company ask for 1 year experience...
I dont know what to do, nobody wants to hire me because I have no experience.
How are we suppose to get a job if they dont give us a opportunity to show our skills?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Newstart in Spring, Texas

43 months ago

Hi, I am just like everyone else. Wondering how to get back in the loop. I had a DWI when in my 20's, got a second one in my 30's and got a Third one at 50 years young. BUT the law had changed and now run ALL concurant and that made it a Felony DWI. I have a Great Resume. I truly do not drink anymore. WHAT CAN I DO, PLEASE
I to have been lucky to have a mother who lets me stay with her and I try to get babysitting and house cleaning work, I NEED A REAL JOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

geral gentry in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

charla049 in Houston, Texas said: don't worry i have a felony actually i have more than one i have 6 but if you want to work in a warehouse setting go to aramark at minuet maid park they will do a background but if you do not hide it from them they will hire you right off. they should be having a job fair real soon at minuet maid park they do immediate hires then good luck.

what is the number to aramark? and what days should i go to be interviewed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

God is a good God!!!!! in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

I am a God fearing women and I made a bad decision that may have effect my entire life. Last year I was recently charged with bribery and now I am placed on deferred adjudication. I am a single parent who is trying to find employment to provide for my family. Before I was convicted with an felony I worked many jobs as a head lifeguard, security officer, customer services, office clerical, dispatching, bus operator, and warehouse. This is the only conviction I have on my record, after I finish my probation the felony would be sealed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

dmack13 in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

God is a good God!!!!! in Houston, Texas said: I am a God fearing women and I made a bad decision that may have effect my entire life. Last year I was recently charged with bribery and now I am placed on deferred adjudication. I am a single parent who is trying to find employment to provide for my family. Before I was convicted with an felony I worked many jobs as a head lifeguard, security officer, customer services, office clerical, dispatching, bus operator, and warehouse. This is the only conviction I have on my record, after I finish my probation the felony would be sealed.

I've heard that Texas Workforce Commission has a special department called "Career One Stop" that will help felons find jobs. I am going up there on Monday to see if they can or will really help. I will report back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mfguy in Lake Jackson, Texas

40 months ago

I have completed a 3 yr. Def. Adjudication Probation for a State Jail felony Charge of Theft. (I took my own tool from a Chem. Plant where I worked to fix my air conditioner at home and returned the tool a week later. When asked if I took the tool home, I told them, "yes". thinking nothing would happen? No harm no foul. Not the case. They filed because of new 911 laws referring to the chemical plants as being a "Foreign Trade Zone") I would like to be a Process Server for Texas, Houston area. I am an Ex-Certified Comm. Security Officer. Will this dismissed Charge hurt my chances of becoming a Process Server? I have to send application to Texas Supreme Court for approval. (I will have to answer "Yes" on the application, ever been charged or convicted of a crime?) Anyone have an answer? E-mail @ mfoshee@hotmail.com Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cjzen0371 in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

i have a felony record just got my associates degree in psychology and i am looking for just a clerical position i have 13 years exp. in security and 13 years customer service as well i am still going to school to get my bachelors degree for certified criminal justice addictions professional but need a job until i can graduate if anyone out there knows of any positions out there please email me at zendejascharla@yahoo.com thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rmartinez01 in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

Need a job asap , ex felon . No ones giving me a chance does anyone know of companies that hire felons? I made mistakes and im a hard worker.I go everyday looking for work and just get the i dont hire felons speech, it can be very hard to deal with with out getting discouraged. I have two kids and how am i supposed to do what is neccessary if no one will give me a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry Smith Jr in Spring, Texas

40 months ago

tiat424@aol.com in Houston, Texas said: are you still looking for work?

Hi, I am i need of a job as soon as possible. I am willing to work hard all hours of the day. Please if you will hire me please reply to my message as soon as possible. Thank you so very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shantierra brown in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

im looking for work i have a theft by check from my last employer that i was working for and he gave be a stolen check i thought was his to pay me it turn out to be a scam i have a certificate in business image mangement and multimedia
i also have knowledge in photoshop,indesign and illustration. If u can help me i would really needed it and thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john W in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

looking for any 1 that can build up a web site for my small trucking co for a friend of mine if you can or know of any 1 let me know thanks ....

chrisdavis713 in Pasadena, Texas

39 months ago

i have a felony from 2009 and i really am in need of a job i am an out of weork electrcian but theres completey no work ay all ive been every where i do have a car an am willing do do general labor or helper for any trade i am a hard dependable worker an williong to change my carrer if theres work and i do not have a resume sorry and God bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

davidpaetz@ymail.com in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

I'm David, I have a D.W.I. felony, and spent 28 month in prison. I do not have anyone to share with, I'm scared. I don't know how to ask for anything, and this is different, however desperate. I'm looking for for a chance with a good christian women that might have a forgiving soul for a person like me....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

davidpaetz@ymail.com in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

God is a good God!!!!! in Houston, Texas said: I am a God fearing women and I made a bad decision that may have effect my entire life. Last year I was recently charged with bribery and now I am placed on deferred adjudication. I am a single parent who is trying to find employment to provide for my family. Before I was convicted with an felony I worked many jobs as a head lifeguard, security officer, customer services, office clerical, dispatching, bus operator, and warehouse. This is the only conviction I have on my record, after I finish my probation the felony would be sealed.

I wish you luck, I to have had bad luck, although mine is of a more deserved course of action. I do fill for your position, family to support, you are unique, like myselfe looking for the chance for someone to say yes.....

TLC in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

I'm Trevin and havee a felon from over 10 years ago but still very hard for me to find employment. I have various skills including rail track, warehouse, chemical plant, tank cleaning experience. If any one knows of anyone that would be willing to give me a chance to work, I am more than willing. I know people make mistakes but once you have paid for your mistakes through the system why is it so hard to live a normal healthy life like every body else. It feels like the system is disigned for people to fail. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

misterflowers in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

I have two felonys an I am on probation here in Houston, Tx does anyone have any referrals, my email address is misterflowers25@hotmail.com.. I have tried aramark, Ltd financials an other temp agencies. I am going crazy with no money..

mlshaw67 in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

I'm an ex-con also I got out on supervised release 21 yrs ago when I lived up north in the mid west area and got out of prison jobs were plentiful and it was by the grace of god I was hired in 2 days after being released from prison i managed to keep that job for 10yrs and then my wife and I decided to move to florida so that ment I had to give my job up but since moving back down south I haven't been able to find gainful employment my convictions were drug related 1 had a 3rd sales/distribution the other a 5th degree possession charge but I haven't been in any trouble for bout 21yrs now also since then I've earned an AAS degree in Business Administrations,BS degree in Business Administrations and Im presently working on my MBA in Business Administrations which I'll have that by Dec of 2011 I think there should be some kind of laws put into place prohibiting companies that discriminate against ex cons that have served their without causing any problems and have not been in trouble since being released. Im located in the houston ,tx area so if anyone now of anyone hiring out there please email me at mlshaw67@yahoo.com or call me atthanks and take care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mlshaw67 in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

charla0371 in Houston, Texas said: hello everyone who has a felony or more than one like i do there is a company that will shred your record i know for fact because i signed up for it and it is really true. they do exactly what they say that they will do they will first get you a pardon from the govenor or what ever state you got your felony and then they will shred your record it only costs 79.00 to start everything out such as processing you paper work and so on and then it costs 9.95 per month until all of your records are completely gone. they are great. i have done mine for 2 months now and i have 7 felonies and all seven felonies are elgible to be pardoned by the govenor but just how long it takes i do not remember but it is worth every penny of it that is for sure.

so how can I get in contact with this person can you help me. Please email me at mlshaw67@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bairdt in Montgomery, Texas

37 months ago

davidpaetz@ymail.com in Houston, Texas said: I'm David, I have a D.W.I. felony, and spent 28 month in prison. I do not have anyone to share with, I'm scared. I don't know how to ask for anything, and this is different, however desperate. I'm looking for for a chance with a good christian women that might have a forgiving soul for a person like me....

hi david i to just got out after 13 mo. it find it hard to talk about w/ others and don't want alot of people knowing where i have been.if you would like to talk some time my e- mail address is bairdtimi@aol.com feel free at any time to write and i will talk to you okay,hang in there it's gonna get better okay!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ferretface24 in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

Larry Smith Jr in Spring, Texas said: Hi, I am i need of a job as soon as possible. I am willing to work hard all hours of the day. Please if you will hire me please reply to my message as soon as possible. Thank you so very much.

Looking for a job? i myself have 9 felony conviction,the last one is less then 1 yr. old and am on parole. if you are just looking for a job until you can find something better (like me) W.I.S. INTL. will hire anybody most of their ass. are convicted felons, they understand what we are going through, even some of there senior staff member's are convicted felons. So if you just want a job check them out the have opportunities all over u.s. Now the hrs. are all over the board some weeks you get 20 or more, others are less. But if you work hard show a positive attitude and are dependable. the better you get the more hrs. you get it's up to you. you get out what you put in. But it is a job satisfies parole and beats a blank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ferretface24 in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

W.I.S. INTL. AT WISINTL.COM WILL HIRE CONVICTED FELONS ON PAROLE WITH NUMEROUS CONVICTIONS ( I HAVE 9 & ON PAROLE) IF YOU JUST WANT A JOB YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Espinoza in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

rmartinez01 in Houston, Texas said: Need a job asap , ex felon . No ones giving me a chance does anyone know of companies that hire felons? I made mistakes and im a hard worker.I go everyday looking for work and just get the i dont hire felons speech, it can be very hard to deal with with out getting discouraged. I have two kids and how am i supposed to do what is neccessary if no one will give me a chance.

Contact me if you're still looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

john w in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

well look for a site name BARNONE.com they suppose to help exfelons with job search and lastly if you in texas look on the work in texas web site an type in case by case an ther you may find a job that is helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

prettygirl69 in Spring, Texas

37 months ago

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I need a job. I have a felony theft charge that was reduced to a misdemeanor. I completed a 1 year deferred adjudication sentence which was successfully terminated after six months. I have extensive retail sales, clerical, and customer service experience. This case continues to haunt me no matter where I go to apply for jobs.I have learned a valuable lesson especially after practically losing everything due to this case.I would just like to move on and be the productive member of society once again. If anyone can help please. Im enrolled in school to further my education.I do have a college degree ,but neither of these matter once potential employers run my background.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Gonzales in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

gstark98 in Austin, Texas said: You should try First Investors Corporation! They are hiring in HOUSTON!

First Investors Corporation
5177 Richmond Avenue, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77056
www.firstinvestors.com

They have full benefits (except dental)
Offering guaranteed first year salary of $36k - $65k

My name is Anthony Gonzales, and I am a felon who God has graced with a nice job an Assistant Director of Development. Don't know what im doing but , by the Grace of God I go. By faith. Any how, I am working with a ministry that help felons get a Fresh Start. Our web site is @a1freshstartoutreach.org, or e-mail me at anthonygonzales12219@gmail.com So if you can get back with me about how together we can give felons a fresh start it would be much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Stretch in Phoenix, Arizona

37 months ago

gstark98 in Austin, Texas said: You should try First Investors Corporation! They are hiring in HOUSTON!

Houston, TX 77056
www.firstinvestors.com

Because of a felony about 10 years ago I have not been able to find any job but carwash, labor or cement. I am a good worker. My unemployment is running out this week. If I can't find a job of some kind some where, it will be back pack time soon. Help anyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Tried that, but they said they do not hire felons. TYhank you very much for your response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey Oliver in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Espinoza in Houston, Texas said: Contact me if you're still looking for a job.

Hi I was never convicted for a felony but i am on deferred adjudication and I cannot find a job anywhere. I am a very hardworker and I take pride in what I do. If you know anyone who will hire me please please let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

contact me personally on my email address.(anthonygonzales12219@gmail.com)contact me see what we can do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

over the hill in Phoenix, Arizona

36 months ago

Houston, TX 77056
www.firstinvestors.com

For those who are felons or have a record try www.jailtojob.com or www.barnonejobs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

over the hill in Phoenix, Arizona

36 months ago

For those with felonies or have some sort of record, try www.jailtojob.com or www.barnonejobs.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Madison, Wisconsin

36 months ago

over the hill in Phoenix, Arizona said: For those who are felons or have a record try www.jailtojob.com or www.barnonejobs.com

I sell life insurance and in order to sell investments you cannot have felonies on your record. When I tool my license for life exams you cannot even owe child support or have bankruptcies.
I know the licenses for investments is strict. Please explain how you can do this for people. You sound like a scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

what sounds like a scam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rigo V in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

I am seeking employment, just got out of TDC a little over 60 days ago. Felony DWI. I need to find a job. Can someone help?

2ndchance in Channelview, Texas

36 months ago

I am a single mother of 4 with 12 yrs of medical experience. Due to an unfortunate event that stemmed from an abusive relationship, I received a felony charge in Jan. 2010 however not convicted but I am on deferred adjudication. I lost my license to practice as a nurse and having a hard time gaining employment. Any suggestions. I am willing and eager to learn and work if given another chance. Please help!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

belinda in Spring, Texas

35 months ago

hello my name is belinda and im looking for live in work......my number is eight three two-two nine eight-nine seven eight eight

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LANDRY39 in Spring, Texas

35 months ago

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR WORK OVER A YEAR NOW BUT HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK AS NOW.I HAVE A FELONY FOR AGG ROBBERY IN 1996 MY CONVICTION IS 15 YEARS OLD.I AM LOOKING FOR A JOB IN THE STEEL INDUSTRY.MY LAST JOB I WAS AN INSPECTOR ON TANK PRESSURE HEADS.I GRINDED DIFFERENT DEGREE BEVELS ON OD. AND I.D HEADS,TOOK MEASUREMENTS TO MAKE SURE THEY FIT THE SPECIFICATIONS.I DID PENITRATION WORK ON 2 PIECE HEADS TO MAKE SURE THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY CRACKS BEFORE THEY WENT TO X-RAY.I DRIVE FORK LIFTS,STOCKRE AND A DRIVER WHO KNOWS HOW TO RUN ROUTES.I CAN SEND A RESUME TODAY.MY NAME IS JOHNNY AND MY EMAIL IS LANDRYJOHNNY87@YAHOO.COM.YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Tabatha in League City, Texas

34 months ago

Hello, my name is Tabatha. I am seeking employment ASAP. I was charged with a felony but not convicted. I am currently on deferred adjudication, I have experience in customer service and clerical jobs. If anyone knows of any help or work i would greatly appreciate it.

liz in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

I am a 22 year old female that was convicted of a felony back in 2007. I am a hard worker,go to school and willing to work anywhere near my area. I am a honest person and I do what it takes to get the job done. I was young when I was convicted and paying for my actions everyday. Any hints, links, contacts would be greatly appreciated. thanks

getmongo in Lumberton, Texas

32 months ago

I live in Spring, my 1 felony that seems to hinder me from employment is a burgalry charge from January 1985. I have been in all phases of consruction and have owned my own company for 17 years (now defunct and insolvent)and have great business and personal references.I can do anything. I have truck, tools and trailer. Carpentry, remodleing, bidding, supervising can even learn something new. Great people skills with some Spanish. HELP!!!!
email: getmongo@gmail.com thanks

Sunrise in Bronx, New York

32 months ago

good luck guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hunter-Gatherer in Spring, Texas

32 months ago

A new ammendment has been made, which allows the governor the power to pardon felons.
I voted for this, and it happened.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Concerned Citizen in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

I have a friend with a felony cocaine possission and he got a job at the front desk at La Quinta Motel.
He told me, as soon as you go into a job interview you say, I don't want to waste your time, I have a felony, is that a problem?
It worked for him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

adrian3938 in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Espinoza in Houston, Texas said: Contact me if you're still looking for a job.

I am looking for a job i need help and cant find one i have a felony back in 2004 adrian3938@live.com thanks

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.