Houston Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Gcbeehler in Seabrook, Texas

48 months ago

I see a lot of you on here are looking for places to work in Houston. Houston seems to be weathering the after affects of the recession more so than other places, so you're probably going to have much more successful here than say Las Vegas, NV or Tampa, FL.

I had moved to Houston back in late May from Washington, DC because my significant other wanted to be closer to her family (who live in Kingwood, TX) and she wanted to be come a school teacher. So, we quit our jobs up north (we told them months in advance) and planned the trip down. Luckily we were able to stay with her family until we got jobs and found an apartment. She got a job offer within three weeks (early June) and I got two offers in early July.

So, I hope this is an inspiration to you all searching for jobs. When I was looking for jobs I had put together a list of all the companies who have operations in Houston. Then I went through them one by one, checking to see if they had positions in Houston open now. Then I narrowed it down to what I could offer.

I wrote hundreds of resumes and cover letters. I got hundreds of mass rejection emails or no response at all. I actually still to this day, nearly 8 months later still get rejection emails, although I've been with my current employer and haven't applied to a single job since July.

Anyways, I put the list on my website, which I also had used to control my online presence. Where employers could see where I went to college and my previous employers, etc.

I'm sharing the link with you all in hopes it helps at least a few of you!

jobs

Good luck to all of you. I know the anxiety you're facing and I hope that it gets better for you and the rest of the nation.

-Grant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jainey in College Station, Texas

46 months ago

Hi Gcbeehler,

How are you doing ?

I have the simular situation with you. I am also currently looking for a job at Houston. If you do not mind, could you please share me the list of all the companies who have operations in Houston?
thank you so much.

Jainey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

F-O

42 months ago

Jainey in College Station, Texas said: Hi Gcbeehler,

How are you doing ?

I have the simular situation with you. I am also currently looking for a job at Houston. If you do not mind, could you please share me the list of all the companies who have operations in Houston?
thank you so much.

Jainey

If your Interested, my company is hiring models in the Houston area for misc photo and video shoots you can email me for more info. Kingjayb@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Justin Henderson in University City, Missouri

35 months ago

Gcbeehler great post!

I am a native St. "Louisan" that was in Houston for about 5 years and made the mistake of moving back home :/(long story...). My fiance and I have been talking about moving quite a bit in the last year, so we are beginning to plan now(super excited!). She has a teaching background and I a business management(accounts/analytics). I am also aspiring voiceover artist. I will definitely check out your job board! Thank you SO much!

-J. Henderson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.