Veteran Needs Advice--Looking for an Oil Rig Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

tjabranger

34 months ago

I served in a Ranger Unit in Iraq and I am in need of advice...I am looking for an entry level rotating (7/7, etc.) job on an oil rig. I am having severe difficulty finding work here in Louisiana with a felony on my record...When I returned home from the War back in 2006, I went out to celebrate with my best friend. That night I wrecked my truck and my friend did not make it. I pled guilty to vehicular homicide and served 4 years...I have sent out many emails and faxes with no results. My wife and I have a lil' one on the way, so I am willing to go wherever I need to go and work my tail off to support them. I'm 32 and in great shape. I am very accustomed to working hard in extreme conditions for extended periods. I'm ready to drive down to south Texas or wherever and show up in person if I knew I had good shot at landing a job. I here it is booming down in the Eagle Ford country, but I just don't know where I need to go in person. Any help with this from anyone would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.