There are no jobs here in Houston!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Alissa in HOUSTON in Austin, Texas

35 months ago

There are no jobs here in Houston if you dont have tons of experience. I have a graduate degree in healthcare administration but only one year of experience. I have been here for a year and the only offers I get are from crappy jobs that pay $8.00/hr. I have sent out numerous resumes and cover letters only to be rejected over and over. I have friends in the oil industry who cannot even get me a job despite a recommendation. I would do intern work if they would just give me a chance. I gave up up the hospitals here in Houston because it was just pointless and futile. I don't know what to do help me!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

I forgot my user name in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

This may or may not help. DaVita, doctor offices, and public health institution including correctional facilities. I would go the smaller routes, clinics, spas, dental and eye offices. I would target lower paid office manager roles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

I forgot my user name in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

I would also consider working as a healthcare professional of some type, (find and quick and easy to pick up trade) and then network on the inside.

kyle in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

You should check out my site. www.tweethouston.com/ We help people find jobs all over Texas using twitter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jobseeker101

34 months ago

kyle in Dallas, Texas said: You should check out my site. www.tweethouston.com/ We help people find jobs all over Texas using twitter.

@ Kyle in Dallas, I applied with your company over a month ago and they have not been able to help me at all. I have a Bachelor's degree and I am willing to do secretarial work but have heard nothing back from the Houston office

Kyle in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Jobseeker101 said: @ Kyle in Dallas, I applied with your company over a month ago and they have not been able to help me at all. I have a Bachelor's degree and I am willing to do secretarial work but have heard nothing back from the Houston office

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure the reason you haven't heard back from us is because our recruiters haven't been able to pair your job skills with one of the great position we have available right now. We will call you ASAP when we find that perfect job. Till then, feel free to check our site and make sure to follow us on twitter to get the latest on taxes jobs. www.tweethouston.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Texas*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

Kyle in Dallas, Texas said: Sorry to hear that. I'm sure the reason you haven't heard back from us is because our recruiters haven't been able to pair your job skills with one of the great position we have available right now. We will call you ASAP when we find that perfect job. Till then, feel free to check our site and make sure to follow us on twitter to get the latest on taxes jobs. www.tweethouston.com

Yea I don't think you site would do jack for me buddy. Anything online is practically useless. Get with a headhunter guys and keep your chin up!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

Kyle in Dallas, Texas said: Sorry to hear that. I'm sure the reason you haven't heard back from us is because our recruiters haven't been able to pair your job skills with one of the great position we have available right now. We will call you ASAP when we find that perfect job. Till then, feel free to check our site and make sure to follow us on twitter to get the latest on taxes jobs. www.tweethouston.com

Yea I don't think your site would do jack for me buddy. Anything online is practically useless. Get with a headhunter guys and keep your chin up!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.