Can't get a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

jobseeker101 in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

I have applied with every company in Houston and the surrounding areas. I cannot get a job to save my live. I have a Bachelor's degree and I am working on my Master's. I have strong work history and great references. I only apply for what I am qualified for but can't catch a break!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless in Houston

29 months ago

Omg really. I do have a BS degree and I minored in English. People make mistakes and there is something called auto correct. It corrected minor 3 times to minute. Stop judging and belittling people unless you have job information!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ashlantay in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

I see the comment was almost a year ago have u found wrk yet ? I am in The same depressing boat ! Any answers or solutions much needed thanks on the update

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

rosalia in Spring, Texas

22 months ago

I have had a very stable work history recently let go from my job.I am very excited
about learning something new,I have lots of energy to burn and so much to give.
Never really had the opportunity to learn something else besides what I have been doing.So I think it has been the best that has ever happened to me.Sometimes we need
to focus on what really makes us happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IT Dude in Sugar Land, Texas

14 months ago

I know I'm late to this message board but I think Ruthann is correct. As an Executive that scans resumes regularly, I won't hire anyone with spelling and grammar errors. Spell check and proof reading are essential tools, in order to prove you will minimize your mistakes in a professional environment.

Finding a job is hard work, ask yourself several questions. Would you hire yourself based on your resume? How are you marketing yourself? Does your resume show your 'wins' on the first page? Or do I need to get to the 2nd page to see who YOU are? How are you dressing to interviews? How are you answering the questions during the interview?

There's a science to this process and the more you know, the better off you will be. Educate yourself on what employers look for and how to market yourself. Jobs are out there to those who want them, let nothing hold you back from becoming who you want to be!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

alan headrick in Pace, Florida

13 months ago

Getting hired is more about connection than whats in your resume. My resume is loaded with all kinds of experience and I get almost no responce.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ashlantay in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

Thank u for the comments it appears that , that is the situation Connections!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

alan headrick in Pace, Florida said: Getting hired is more about connection than whats in your resume. My resume is loaded with all kinds of experience and I get almost no responce.

Who you know is where you go today?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kaylabear in Denver, Colorado

12 months ago

alan headrick in Pace, Florida said: Getting hired is more about connection than whats in your resume. My resume is loaded with all kinds of experience and I get almost no responce.

Connections are important, if you are unemployed currently, sign up for a bunch of meetups on www.meetup.com and try to meet local small business owners. If you really tried you could literally meet 50 a week and at least some of them must have open positions. Eventually you will find a job through it. Got the suggestion here www.jobunlocker.com/blog/cant-find-a-job-6-little-known-places-to-look/

Try some of the other ones too and keep trying to expand your networking. It's so important!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

derloris in Austin, Texas

12 months ago

jobseeker101 in Houston, Texas said: I have applied with every company in Houston and the surrounding areas. I cannot get a job to save my live. I have a Bachelor's degree and I am working on my Master's. I have strong work history and great references. I only apply for what I am qualified for but can't catch a break!!!!

Sfi is online site I've been with for a few months now accredited by the BBB. Its not overnight rich but if your willing to read the broken down over a thirty day period launchpad training. Youll do fine. Its done great for me. Ill also be there for u to contact if you need assistance once your signed up through this link. The forum seems to think that my link is a phone number so where I spelled out the numbers you have to substitute with actual numbers

www.sfippa.com/one two three seven three six four one/real

Hope to see you there and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.