FELON LOOKING FOR A JOB IS HARD

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

todd robles in channelview, Texas

59 months ago

IM A CONVICTED FELON, MY CRIME WAS ROBBERY AND BODILY INJURY,BUT THE EMPLOYERS ONLY SEE THE ROBBERY AND BODILY INJURY, THEY DONT SEE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT HAPPENED, MY CRIME FIRST STARTED AS A FIGHT BETWEEN A FRIEND OF MINE,TWO OTHER GUYS JUMPED IN AND I STARTED PULLING THE GUYS OFF OF MY FRIEND,ONE OF THE THREE GUYS SAID A GOLD CHAIN WAS "TAKEN",I WAS THE OLDEST ON BEING 18 YRS OLD SO I WAS TAKEN TO JAIL, SENTENCED TO PROBATION ,I GOT A CERFEW VIOLATION AND WAS SENTENCED TO TEN YEARS IN PRISON,I STARTED DOING MY TIME IN OCTOBER OF 1995 AND I WAS RELEASED IN DECEMBER OF 2005, YES I DID ALL THAT TIME.I AM 33 YEARS OLD NOW, IVE BEEN OUT OF TROUBLE SINCE IVE BEEN OUT AND I FEEL THAT I PAID MY DEBT, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Segura in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

I have a criminal record from my past history,and I faithfully goes to the workforce everyday.Everyone seems to be lookin at my past.I am thirtytwo years old and I have'nt had a job in 2 years.I have 5 years experience in warehouse. Ability to operate commercial heavy machinery;stocked,labeled and verified inventory of shipped merchandise.I am a honest and hard worker.Descrimination is not the key to my salvation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

not so justice system in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

i owned my own buisness just reciently released from not so justice system trying to find employment so i can start my life again and get my baby girl and wife back w/me again. i have knowledge in different fields. if you know of any one that will hire(Convicted) felons please contact me i am willing to do most any thing (with in reason) that will aford me the resources to get my life back where it should be. I am 46 years old prior U.S.M.C. honorably discharged. I consider myself a diescent christian. Ive worked hard all of my life& willing to continue down the same road of working for what I maintain. I also one day would like to own my own buisness again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mary oneil in Phoenix, Arizona

55 months ago

not so justice system in Houston, Texas said: i owned my own buisness just reciently released from not so justice system trying to find employment so i can start my life again and get my baby girl and wife back w/me again. i have knowledge in different fields. if you know of any one that will hire(Convicted) felons please contact me i am willing to do most any thing (with in reason) that will aford me the resources to get my life back where it should be. I am 46 years old prior U.S.M.C. honorably discharged. I consider myself a diescent christian. Ive worked hard all of my life& willing to continue down the same road of working for what I maintain. I also one day would like to own my own buisness again.

check out returntohonor.org write to don kirchner -he has a charity helping felons to find jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

not so justice system in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

thank you for that information i will go there right now and see if i can find any tips or even if i can get pointed in the right direction. thanks again ill let you know what i find out. HAPPY HOLLIDAYS FROM MINE TO YOURS !!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay perez in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

I am a Mother of soon to be two and my husband is a convicted felon his conviction is assult on an oficer and not only that drug also!! i really need him to get a job soon because i want to work things out with him and our family. all i want for this year to pass and for my husband to have a job soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joseph samson in Crosby, Texas

54 months ago

I have been searching for a job day in and day out for the last few years. Because of my background I have not been as successful as I hoped to be. I have done my time and paid my debt to society but yet still have had nothing turn up. I am not making excuses for myself moreless for my behaviorial past just looking for oppurtunities. After reading each of these responses the last thing I want is someone to feel sorry for me or my mistakes. Most everything that has been posted I have done in search for employment and havent had the best of luck. I was just wondering if there was a different way to at least get through to the congressmen or even the state representatives? I wish everyone the best and hope that something will pull through for everyone......

Not Giving UP!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

EROL TENK in Istanbul, Turkey

53 months ago

IM LOOKING FOR NEW JOBS I UNDERSTAND CARPENTER JOBS BUILD UP AND REPAIRING I HVE ALLREADY 6 EXPREINCE AND I HAVE 20 YEAR SEAMEN JOB I HAVE NO DOUPT NOT ABUSE ı need serıousyle job urgent

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

a felon in Woodbridge, Virginia

51 months ago

home depot ,lowes and auto zone all hire felons

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mkalib961 in Plano, Texas

48 months ago

I have gotten conflicting feedback on the employment of felons at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc. Some people say they do not hire felons, others say they do. Can anyone confirm first hand that these companies have employed them, a felon. I was told it is based on a case by case situation...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

48 months ago

Mike Segura in Houston, Texas said: I have a criminal record from my past history,and I faithfully goes to the workforce everyday.Everyone seems to be lookin at my past.I am thirtytwo years old and I have'nt had a job in 2 years.I have 5 years experience in warehouse. Ability to operate commercial heavy machinery;stocked,labeled and verified inventory of shipped merchandise.I am a honest and hard worker.Descrimination is not the key to my salvation.

There are plenty of people with NO criminal record who cannot find a job in part because if you are unemployed no one wants to hire you and because of 'agency recruiters' who think it is OK to lie & jerk people around

Mkalib961 in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

I'm listening... What entrepreneurial ideas do u speak of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Longview, Texas

37 months ago

Mkalib - send me an email at betterlifebuilder@gmail - i'll get you the info : )

Charles Blackshear in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Has any one tried the Hard2Hire web site which is suppose to be a search engine for felons, however it never works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

Visit - www USAJobRecruiters (dot) com - their recruiters work with felons and can help you land a job across the country.

joshua korb in SUGAR LAND, Texas

33 months ago

joshua korb

deadboi@gmail.com -

Most of my life Ive done grunt work such as fire and water damage restoration on homes and businesses .
I have done construction work and deconstruction work . I can clean cooling towers like noone else . I am
a hard worker and very loyal so long as im not abused by staff . I also have several years of warehouse
work and at one time was certified on 3 classes of forklifts . I learn new things easily .

Education

All i have is a GED

M.R. Woods AEC -Sugar Land, TX
Skills

Strong back , not afraid to get dirty or sweat .

Certifications

IICRC fire water certified

July 2008 to August 2010

This cert was needed for advancement in the company i worked for .. Servicemaster .

Additional Information

My biggest problem with finding employment is my criminal background . In 07 i was charged with
Possession of Controlled Subtance . I have been clean since then . Ive served my time and paid all my
fees . I NEED A CHANCE !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

April in Houston, Texas

26 months ago

hello I am looking for a job I have a felony on my record I heard there is a place in Houston that trains you and helps you find a job but I can't locate it if someone knows anything about it please leave me the info. thanks have a blessed day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.