Contract offer thru email from Acteon Group

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

shiner3110 in Liberty, Texas

34 months ago

backspace7 in Grand Prairie, Texas said: I recently got the same thing a job offer through e-mail, with out an interview. I'm guessing they cant give a formal interview because there Head Quarters is in the UK...IDK though!

so was it thru Acteon Group for a position in houston.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

backspace7 in Grand Prairie, Texas

34 months ago

yea, i think its a scam! Im just going to delete this from my email. Cause ive been looking at a lot of info on google. I googled
"fraud visa job scam", and pretty much everything i saw on this search, was the same-thing they were doing to me. Some guy called me with an Nigeria accent, i couldn't even understand what hes saying. I think its a scam! dont give them any of your person info!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shiner3110 in Liberty, Texas

34 months ago

Yea the guy sounded the same to me. Was his name Larry James...

backspace7 in Grand Prairie, Texas

34 months ago

yup larry james thats him, that job offer was to good to be true! its a scam!...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JLT1976 in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

On the ACTEON web site:

Recruitment Fraud Notice
It has come to our attention that various individuals and organisations may be contacting people offering false employment opportunities in Acteon. These individuals and organisations may request personal information or money in order to progress the application.

Please note that Acteon does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, either as an employee or as a contractor. Therefore you should assume that such individuals and organisations are not providing genuine offers or services.

During our recruitment process you will always meet in person with an Acteon employee or representative for an interview before any formal offer is made. Furthermore all e-mail correspondence relating to employment with Acteon will never be sent either from (or to) free web-based e-mail accounts.

However, if you receive an email from @acteon.com or any other email address that contains @acteon.com that instructs you to send replies to an email address other than one containing @acteon.com, please treat it as fraudulent and forward it to us at fraudalert@acteon.com.

If you are asked for personal information and are unsure of the legitimacy of the request, or you wish to determine whether an individual or organisation is offering genuine employment opportunities within Acteon, please contact us at the following address: fraudalert@acteon.com.

Acteon does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, either as an employee or as a contractor. Therefore you should assume that such individuals and organisations are not providing genuine offers or services.

Landman in Houston, Texas

25 months ago

shiner3110 in Liberty, Texas said: I have recieved a contract offer from Acteon group thru email... most of the correspondance has been thru email but i did recieve a call asking me about the position. I know they are base out of the UK but i wanst even given a formal interview just an assessement i filled out and sent back. Does anyone think this might be a scam.

Yes, it is a scam. They will eventually ask you to forward some money via western Union to obtain a work permit. No one will hire you without a personal interview by employer or recruiter.

Landman in Houston, Texas

9 months ago

backspace7 in Grand Prairie, Texas said: I recently got the same thing a job offer through e-mail, with out an interview. I'm guessing they cant give a formal interview because there Head Quarters is in the UK...IDK though!

This is a scam I got one two years ago. It's not legit, eventually they will ask you for money for some purpose.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.