Parkmead Group PLC is a SCAM

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

vicki936 in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

I applied for a job as a Technical Assistant with Parkmead Group Plc in Houston, Texas that was posted on Indeed.com. I received an email response that I was on the "short list." The "company" then emailed me a questionnaire, which I filled out and emailed back. They asked me to email me any certificates that I held, but I did not email anything back (thank goodness). About a week later, I was emailed an offer letter from a Thomas Grant with a contract saying that I would need to go to London for 5 months of training. I would be provided a furnished apartment, a driver, free medical care, etc. After completing 5 months, I would be dispatched back to the States to be based in Houston, TX. I started googling the phone number and address on the letter and questionnaire and it did not match Parkmead Group Plc's website (they are a real company in the UK). I emailed "Thomas Grant" to ask for a telephone call. I received a call from a different phone number from the email and contract. I googled that phone number and got hits relating to other scams such as dating websites, etc.

Undoubtedly, this scammer would have asked me to send money for a work permit. There are still over 40 jobs posted from Parkmead Group Plc on Indeed.com but I am certain this is a scam! Indeed.com needs to take down all the job postings from Parkmead Group!

If you have a similar experience please reply - I will tell you everything I found out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

LEA in Richmond, Texas

29 months ago

vicki936 in Houston, Texas said: I applied for a job as a Technical Assistant with Parkmead Group Plc in Houston, Texas that was posted on Indeed.com. I received an email response that I was on the "short list." The "company" then emailed me a questionnaire, which I filled out and emailed back. They asked me to email me any certificates that I held, but I did not email anything back (thank goodness). About a week later, I was emailed an offer letter from a Thomas Grant with a contract saying that I would need to go to London for 5 months of training. I would be provided a furnished apartment, a driver, free medical care, etc. After completing 5 months, I would be dispatched back to the States to be based in Houston, TX. I started googling the phone number and address on the letter and questionnaire and it did not match Parkmead Group Plc's website (they are a real company in the UK). I emailed "Thomas Grant" to ask for a telephone call. I received a call from a different phone number from the email and contract. I googled that phone number and got hits relating to other scams such as dating websites, etc.

Undoubtedly, this scammer would have asked me to send money for a work permit. There are still over 40 jobs posted from Parkmead Group Plc on Indeed.com but I am certain this is a scam! Indeed.com needs to take down all the job postings from Parkmead Group!

If you have a similar experience please reply - I will tell you everything I found out.

I RECEIVED THE SAME SCAM OFFERING ON THURSDAY, IT LOOK SO REAL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark

29 months ago

LEA in Richmond, Texas said: I RECEIVED THE SAME SCAM OFFERING ON THURSDAY, IT LOOK SO REAL!

I have received exactly the same thing word for word. Thank God I read this and did not send any money. This is a SCAM. Thanks for this report or I would have never known.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jackbtx in Lubbock, Texas

29 months ago

Has anyone actually sent any money, been asked for any money etc. I just sent the company (Parkmead) attorney a copy of an offer I also received just so they can deny or verify the veracity of the "scam". Will let uou know if I hear anything back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark

29 months ago

I was told I had to buy Travelers Insurance to get my work Permit. They advised of a Insurance Company to use. The amount was close to 6,000 for one year. I almost wired the money but something told something is not right. I did some investigating and I'm glad I did not or I would have lost the money. I did find the ParkMead Group website which is a Oil Company and I reported it and sent them everything I had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

WOW Mark - I was never asked for money. I was asked to send them any certificates I held. They wanted my personal info (SS #). I did not send them any of that.

I am so bummed - I believed Parkmead Group was setting up an office in Houston and was assembling a local team. I thought I was going to live in London for 5 months and train/party with a group of great Texans. Would have been so fun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bman59 in Friendswood, Texas

29 months ago

I received a similar letter... what is the email of the lawyers you have sent you correspondence to? maybe they would like to know this is not an isolated incident.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark

29 months ago

I was told everything you were told. Believe me it is a scam. I thought I had a new career and everything was going to be alright. I'm still really upset. I"m just glad I never sent any money. They still think I'm going to send the money because it was supposed to happen Monday. Bad News

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark

29 months ago

I was told by the Recuriter that he was going to turn it over to a immigration lawyer and he return advise I had to have travelers insurance. He gave me the Insurance Co who advised it was going to take a large figure for a year. The insurnance company wanted me to wire the money or do a bank transfer. They requested the wire because they would get there money sooner and I would get a certificate to get my work visa for london. I would be there five months and transfer to Houston and that's what they are telling everyone. They are just using this company name to scam people.

Bman59 in Friendswood, Texas

29 months ago

I was told basically the same... my letter is not from the same person though... my letter is from a John F. Milton

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Mark, thank God you did not wire the money. Good instincts.
Bman, my email was from Thomas Grant (HR Administrator) but the name of the project manager on my offer letter was also John F. Milton. Jackbtx, please be sure and let us know what the company's attorney says.

29 months ago

My quess is we'll get no reply. I am just worried that "they" whoever "they" are now know everything about me, etc. so I just signed up with IdentityGuard. I was all in and have been dancing with these guys for several weeks; they are good fishermen. What made me suspicious however, after receiving my congrats letter was that I had never talked to or interviewed in any way with them and yet they were offering me a job sight unseen. It just didn't make sense. That's when I did a scam google on Parkmead jobs. At the same time I was disappointed, discouraged and still hoping that it was real. I guess that's how they get you.

What I really want to know is what INDEED is going to do and why these prospective employers have not been vetted better. The internet job hunt is nice and convenient, but after this I just don't know if I want to play. I was already wary of those intrusive companies wanting my LinkedIn and Facebook access.

Good luck all and happy that we still have our $6000, no spotted dick for us though.

P.S. Here is the link to the real Parkmead legal manager's contact info. It cracks me up that she is also a Notary Public (WOW).

www.parkmeadgroup.com/parkmeadgroup/corporateprofile/Biography.aspx?ID=28&type=team

29 months ago

Response from real Parkmead;

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for your email, which has been forwarded to me by our Legal Manager, Julie Forsyth.

I can confirm that The Parkmead Group plc has no connection whatsoever with any such job offer or person, and the offer of employment is part of an internet scam.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yours sincerely,

Angela Bisset

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LEA in Richmond, Texas

29 months ago

MY COUSIN THAT LIVES IN LONDON, ALREADY CALLED THE COMPANY AND VERIFIED IT IS A SCAM, HE ASKED ABOUT THOMAS GRANT, AND JOHN F MILTON, THEY ARE FAKE! SORRY GUYS.

SKJ in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

I too recieved a e-mail stating that I got a job as a "Planner & Scheduler". As much as I wanted it to be true and felt that is was too good to be true. The information is from John F. Milton a Project Director promising great money, flight, car, apartment and ect.
I called my girlfriend in the (UK) and she e-mailed back stating that it was a scam and to read this cite.
Thanks God I did not send anything but a resume, I never sent any certification or other requested information.

HBR in Henderson, Nevada

29 months ago

Same thing happened to me guys. I had Thomas Grant call me and as soon as I started talking to him I knew something was up

KSA in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Everyone,
These jerks have been attempting to hack into my email from Macedonia. Started today. I already have LifeLock, but it is time to close the gmail account and get a new cell phone number. This is an attack from use of my resume alone. I did not fill out the questionnaire nor did I move forward with these folks (because I landed my dream job! Yay!) Anyways, just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.
I am quite upset at Indeed.com as well.
KSA in Houston, TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vicki936 in Liberty, Texas

29 months ago

Hi KSA - how do you know they have been attempting to hack into your email? I gave them my email address and cell phone number also. I have noticed a lot more spam lately, I wonder if it's from these scammers? P.S. - Congrats on landing your dream job!

KSA in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Vicki936, I had included my gmail account with my resume. I received a notice of suspicious activity from gmail yesterday afternoon, and gmail froze my account until I changed the password. Someone had attempted to log into my gmail account from an IP address in Macedonia. Good job Google! Thanks! I always wanted to go into the not-for-profit world, and I finally took the plunge. KSA

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.