RELOCATING TO TEXAS NEXT YEAR 2013, LOOKING FOR APARTMENT, ACCOUNTING ,MANUFACTURING OR HEALTH JOBS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

nalsam in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

HI
We currently live in MA and thinking about relocating to North Houston, Texas to be close to family,we loved it out when we visited Houston a year ago. The cost of living, Rent and the prices of houses are cheaper compared to Boston. Plus we are a bit tired of the cold and the snow.

Now the problem is we have to find jobs when we move or if we can find a job before we move that will be great. Both my wife and I are professional accountants. I have 5yrs experience in General and financial accounting and she has 7yrs in staff accounting with strong background in Quick books as well as AP/AR and month end closing.

Where and how can we find good accounting,manufacturing or health jobs in Houston. where are the good places to live in North Houston.???? Any ideas and suggestions.

I also have to add that I'm looking to branch into the health field as a sonography Tech. if the accounting doesn't work.

Any ideas?????????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cricket Girl in Dallas, Texas

23 months ago

I really HOPE and PRAY you're taking the climate into consideration. The Spring Summers and Fall in Houston are brutal. You have about 8 months of straight unforgiving, brutal heat. It's not like the summer heat of the Northest, this is right through your bones and makes you feel exhausted and tired all the time.

Also make sure you are prepared to deal with the horrible logistics of the city, nothing is close. It will take you almost all day to accomplish errands in MA would probably take you 2-3 hours. It's extremely inconvenient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.