Moving to Indianapolis - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

chonny2 in Indianapolis, Indiana

55 months ago

i moved here because my mother bought a business here 8 years ago. For kids its ok. The school system is ok my kids attend. One is at a charter school. The other one is going to be in a magnet school in the year 2011. I do not have any friends here partly because, to me the adults are working to keep a roof over their family heads. Pretty much were I reside everyone is into their family life. No outsiders. I use to really not care for it too much. But I am getting use to it now. I am employed full- time only because I am in the health care industry. So my family has been ok.

On the other hand, my mom business folded in 2007. I was pretty much stuck for being here for 8 years, I now have 3 wonderful children. My births with all of them were fantastic. Priceless memories. Kudo's St. Vincent Labor and Delivery team. 86th street and Carmel, IN.

I do love my neighborhood The Fort Ben area, a nice park for walking, skateboarding and snow sliding!

Although I did want to relocate to Nashville, Tenn. I am here for awhile.
Our health is good for now. No sick kids or husband, so I am staying put. To me Indy is a family town. Lots to do with kids. So if you go kids. You will stay busy with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.