Jacksonville vs Other Parts of Florida

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Rhys Gonji in Lake Mary, Florida

49 months ago

I was unemployed for almost 8 months, but recently got a job offer for a good financial company in Jacksonville out on Gate Pkwy. I'm from Orlando, so in the short term, I'll commute (It would be about 1.5 to 1.75 hours commute). However, I don't know a whole lot about Jacksonville, and I've lived in Orlando for many years.

What's the Jacksonville area like? Growing? Shrinking? Stagnating? I've lived in Orlando, and its fairly easy to appraise the city - in spite of the recession, we have a new arena being finished, and the town is fairly vibrant, if touristy.

Meanwhile, I don't know much about Jacksonville other than hearing about problems with the Jags.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the area and perceptions of the city.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frank Hunt in jacksonville, Florida

26 months ago

We drive from the mandarin area (south) to Oviedo and it takes 2 hours solid....you may wanna reconsider with fuel prices.

Jacksonville is a growing city, and let's face it, we have the NFL. Orlando had the NBA and the giant rat.

Jacksonville is the largest city in the US by sq miles...it's huge! My wife and I are in the real estate business, so if you any future questions, give us shout. There are several counties here including Duval, Clay and St. Johns, each others something for lifestyle and families...plus we have the beach.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.