Duval County Residents Beware

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

xanadu in Atlantic Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Duval County Residents Beware: Behind Your Back . . .

“Are They About To Increase Your Prices?”

Jacksonville, FL: “I still have trouble believing how much I was overpaying. And to think, this time last year I was so convinced I had such a great deal.”

“I should have been paying closer attention to the price increases.”

I was just about to sit down to dinner, when I was interrupted by a phone call from a determined salesman.

He started off the conversation by asking me an interesting question. “Do you know why most people overpay for their life insurance?”

“The bottom line is most busy people buy a policy, throw it in a drawer and forget about it.”

“But since you’ve been too busy to review your coverage you’ve probably never noticed the scheduled price increases as you get older.”

In fact, when I stopped to think about it, I was curious to know if I had fallen into the same trap by not reviewing my own coverage.

To tell you the truth, I had no idea what I was paying. Let alone, how much my rates were increasing as I got older. But instead of being stubborn, I dug out my policy and was shocked to find my prices had started to skyrocket. O.K.! It was obvious I needed to deal with this problem. But here’s the catch. If I make a change and buy a new policy, I’ll end up being in the same boat again a year or two from now. But, what else is there to do?

“At last, an easy way without the hassle!”

I read an article in a financial magazine about some guy who cut his term life insurance cost in half. Yeah, right! Give me a break. But being curious, I called the 800# to receive a copy of the free report mentioned in the article.

As much as I hate answering machines, I was happy to listen to a recorded message instead of having to speak with a salesman. When the report came. . .

“I finally understood what I, (and everyone else) was doing wrong!”

The report explained that the most costly mistake people make when buy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

uiyjyrun in San Francisco, Belgium

7 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.