Kansas City causes and charities

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What causes do people in Kansas City care about. Where are the volunteer opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri

85 months ago

If there is a cause, KC will support it. The Kansas City Metropolitan Area is the most generous per capita in the country, bar none.

This area is a great place to raise a family and everything is family oriented here. Children's Mercy Hospital is a long time charity and does great service to sick kids. The Children's Center for the Visually Impared is a wonderful foundation. The Kauffman Foundation helps get inner-city children a leg up. These are just a few of many for the young.

The United Way, Community Blood Center, The American Red Cross and other national charities are well represented in KC. Most every event in town has some charity in mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Marsha Gooden in Kansas City, Missouri

77 months ago

We need more people to give more of
themselfs. I would to help in way possible.

Jill Smith, Volunteer in Leawood, Kansas

73 months ago

Heartstrings Community Foundation is an organization which assists adults with developmental disabilities to live meaningful, productive and independent lives through interactions with the community.

This is an organization which had made significant positive impact on community as well as the volunteers. We are always seeking volunteers who share in our passion to promote our mission. I encourage you to view our website www.heartstringscf.org - see what a difference we are making in the community!!!!!!!

stillachiefsfan in Kansas City, Missouri

61 months ago

Host said: What causes do people in Kansas City care about. Where are the volunteer opportunities?

Most of the KC Chiefs and KC Royals have foundations which support a variety of causes from Downs Syndrome Research, Literacy, Autism, are just a few. Go to kcchiefs.com/community programs, or the Royals website and click on community. Part of the legacy of Lamar Hunt and family. George Brett has said he learned to give back to the community from th people of Kansas City.

astanley86 in Kansas City, Missouri

35 months ago

This thread is outdated but if anyone is still wanting to participate in this conversation, I'd love to hear more. I grew up in KC and have always found it important to volunteer and support good causes. I'm starting a website that will help volunteers connect to volunteer opportunities in Kansas City. I'm wondering where I can find potential volunteers to let them know about this free service. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about volunteer fairs or who might be interested please let me know! You can go to www.volunteermark.com to join the mailing list to be notified when the website launches! We're on facebook and twitter too :-) Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.