Does Garmin really has an reputation for hiring the young only?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

BleAcH_ in Olathe, Kansas

62 months ago

Well, I know at least 3 people were rejected by Garmin and they happened to be all over 40. One of them got pissed off and I heard he was actually suing Garmin for it...so is it really true that Garmin is well known in KC or other areas for rejecting older applicants? Anyone knows? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lola in Kansas City, Missouri

31 months ago

BleAcH_ in Olathe, Kansas said: Well, I know at least 3 people were rejected by Garmin and they happened to be all over 40. One of them got pissed off and I heard he was actually suing Garmin for it...so is it really true that Garmin is well known in KC or other areas for rejecting older applicants? Anyone knows? Thanks!!

yes they wont even respond to your resume if your over a certian age

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lola in Kansas City, Missouri

31 months ago

I have know them to not even look at your resume if your a certain age im am 50 and have over 15 years of customer service and I have submitted my resume over 5 times and get the same message back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Baldwin City, Kansas

17 months ago

I have to believe it is true as well. I have strong experience in geo-spatial technology selling multi-millions in contracts into the Fortune Top 50. I am over 50 and have applied several times over the last couple years and never even gotten response. I know 4 people that work there and they are in their late 20's. This is their 1st job out of college. Hmmm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.