Best companies to work for in Knoxville?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Knoxville? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Darlene Putt in Hernando, Mississippi

74 months ago

I would like to find a good paying job in knoxville, tn,,,Mostly warehouse work in shipping and rec,,,can drive any forklift cert..I want to be closer to my grandchildren.....I have been with BMW PDC in Senatobia Ms for 8 years and can just do about anything that concerns whse...thanks for your time..Darlene Putt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

buddyallen in Knoxville, Tennessee

70 months ago

I just returned from Kuwait where I was a Force Protection Officer for U.S. and Coalition forces. I am a former Army Recruiter, former Subject Matter Expert for Artillery, and Painter. Looking for a good job along these lines in Knoxville, TN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

JOHN in Knoxville, Tennessee

68 months ago

keepitreal in Knoxville, Tennessee said: DO NOT WORK FOR CHILD AND FAMILY OF TN ...THAT IS THE WORSE PLACE IN THE WORLD TO WORK FOR...THEY DO NOT LIKE BLACK PEOPLE AND THE PAY IS TERRIBLE...AND THE BLACK PEOPLE THEY HAVE IS A UNCLE TOM...IF YOU DIVERSITY TRY WORKING FOR "YOUTH VILLAGES"

Thanks I heard a little about that agency -it use to be pretty good

Thanks
John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allen in Knoxville, Tennessee

68 months ago

Do not apply for work with Combat Security Associates (CSA) in Kuwait. First of all they don't tell you are going to be looking for Improvised Explosive Devices (IED's) on a daily basis. They receive $586M a year and they have 300-400 security personnel working for them for $14.00 an hour. They'll illude to $65k plus but they only gaurantee 48 hours per week in your contract. You won't make $65k unless you work at least 90 hours a week. The country of Kuwait pays a Foreign Area Living Allowance of $90 per day but CSA only gives you $35 a day. You're supposed to get hazardous duty pay of around $400 a month but CSA keeps it...you don't get a dime. Some personnel inside the facility you're protecting receive hazardous duty pay. The company has been scandalous and under investigation by congress since mid 2007 but nothing has happened because they are an off-shore company registered in the Cayman Islands, sharing the exact "ghost" address as 10,000 US companies. In August 2008 the security force was required to pay social security and FICA taxes. CSA hasn't paid a dime of it from 1 August to December 31, 2008.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

smarterman11@gmail.com in Knoxville, Tennessee

18 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Knoxville? Why are they a great employer?

Rocky Top Marketing Group offers great opportunities to their people. They are always hiring. I worked there but had to leave for personal issues. I miss it. The work is enjoyable (if you are a people person) and I got a lot of practical experience. It was challenging to say the least...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Scott in Knoxville, Tennessee

5 months ago

smarterman11@gmail.com in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Rocky Top Marketing Group offers great opportunities to their people. They are always hiring . I worked there but had to leave for personal issues. I miss it. The work is enjoyable (if you are a people person) and I got a lot of practical experience. It was challenging to say the least...

Rocky top is a pyramid scheme. I don't know how they haven't been shut down yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cwhitt in Knoxville, Tennessee

5 months ago

Michael Scott in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Rocky top is a pyramid scheme. I don't know how they haven't been shut down yet

Well Michael, the reason they haven't been shut down is because they are not a pyramid scheme, they have a normal corporate structure like any other corporation. I should know I work there, it has been the best 4.5 years of my work career. Since you have never worked there I wonder where you get your information from.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.