social work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (48)

jill in Las Vegas, Nevada

82 months ago

I have just moved here recently for a position in social work, however the Governor has put a freeze on hiring. I need a JOB!!! I am an experienced social worker and am licensed in Nevada. Any suggestions????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

?????? in Las Vegas, Nevada

76 months ago

jill in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have just moved here recently for a position in social work, however the Governor has put a freeze on hiring. I need a JOB!!! I am an experienced social worker and am licensed in Nevada. Any suggestions????

Try Center For Independent Living, Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joy in Palo Alto, California

71 months ago

jill in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have just moved here recently for a position in social work, however the Governor has put a freeze on hiring. I need a JOB!!! I am an experienced social worker and am licensed in Nevada. Any suggestions????

California Governor put a Freeze on the PAD Visn 21 VA; nowhere else. I checked with LV Nevada and there is no freeze there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Fort Myers, Florida

66 months ago

I am a recruiter who is working on a job search for a company based in Nevada. The company
is bases in Nevada and is in need of a MSW.
I can give you more info. if you e-mail me.
Linda Kelley
Talent Acquisition Resources
Hope4U2911@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lorraine Jurist in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

I have an MSW, and am doing everything I can to get another job utilizing my experience here in Las Vegas. I am considering taking the intermediate Soc. Work Lic. exam, thinking that perhaps being an LCSW intern might broaden my job prospects. I worked here in Las Vegas in Social Services (later Social Work)for 10 years.

Most of my experience is in Medical and Geriatric Social Work

Any advice? I've been out of a job for 1 month, and applied for 21-22 jobs since then.

Thank you!

Hope4U2911@comcast.net in Fort Myers, Florida

65 months ago

Lorraine Jurist in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have an MSW, and am doing everything I can to get another job utilizing my experience here in Las Vegas. I am considering taking the intermediate Soc. Work Lic. exam, thinking that perhaps being an LCSW intern might broaden my job prospects. I worked here in Las Vegas in Social Services (later Social Work)for 10 years.

Any advice? I've been out of a job for 1 month, and applied for 21-22 jobs since then.

Thank you!

I have a job opportunity for a MSW with a medical background. Individual must have their license, so take your exam for licensure ASAP. May need to chang your resume around.

KS Job Seeker in Henderson, Nevada

64 months ago

I am looking to move to Henderson w/family very soon. Have been looking at postings for SW jobs. I have 10 years experience in SW (as LBSW working w/foster care/adoption and doing investigations of abuse/neglect). I recently passed the MSW exam and looking to get into mental health services/or/medical. Since there is a difference btw States, would prefer an internship for LCSW. Any help or guidance would be appreciated! Email: sillady1428@hotmail.com. Please put INDEED JOB in subject line so that I don't delete. Thank you!

Laura_M in Seattle, Washington

63 months ago

Lorraine Jurist in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have an MSW, and am doing everything I can to get another job utilizing my experience here in Las Vegas. I am considering taking the intermediate Soc. Work Lic. exam, thinking that perhaps being an LCSW intern might broaden my job prospects. I worked here in Las Vegas in Social Services (later Social Work)for 10 years.

Thank you!

Hi Lorriane

Do you have a job yet? I hope you have found something by now. I am considering moving back to NV soon. I am an LCSW in NV and have worked in Reno for many years in the recent past. I was under the impression that there was a lot of jobs for social workers in Las Vegas. I guess that is not accurate. I would like to hear more about your job hunting experience as it may help me decide if I want to move. The best of luck to you! Laura in Seattle

KS Job Seeker in Junction City, Kansas

63 months ago

I have been looking myself, and can't move until I secure it (and need to move very soon). I have applied to many jobs and still do not have any prospects. Any hints you many have regarding nevigating the process there sure would be appreciated. With all the ads for SWs needed, it is surprising people are having such difficulty! Thanks so much and good luck to both of you :)

Laura_M in Seattle, Washington

63 months ago

Hi KS Job Seeker

It might be helpful to call and/or email NV NASW located Las Vegas and see if they have any ideas or suggustions. I know that a few years there were always lisitng in the outlining rural areas in NV near L.V. I would check the state of NV listing if the freeze has been lifted. I see many jobs as well I'm stumped. Good luck.

family impact of nevada in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

Please contact Carmea Brown at family impact of nevada currently hiring for social worker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

family impact of nevada in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

Thank you!

Hi my Name is Carmea Brown Director of opperation at F.I.O.N (FAMILY IMPACT OF NEVADA)
I'm currently looking for social workers to be a part of our growing team please contact me by looking on the website for the contact information this sit want allow me to enter my contact info. The web site is www.familyimpactofnevada.com
Thanks Have a Great Day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DIAMOND in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

All I can say it that you get to know someone,forget your experience,.That's las vegas style.

TINKER in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

jill in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have just moved here recently for a position in social work , however the Governor has put a freeze on hiring. I need a JOB!!! I am an experienced social worker and am licensed in Nevada. Any suggestions????

GO TO REM NEVADA, 5693 S. JONES BLVD. STE 118, LV NV. CROSS STREET IS RUSSEL. LOOK UP THEIR # AS THE FORUM DOESN'T ALLOW IT. THEY ARE ALWAYS IN NEED OF GOOD PEOPLE, THEY SERVICE THE MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR GAME FOR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

razin cain in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

i volunteer @ the Shade Tree DV Shelter and they need clients advocates. right now there hiring part time staff. It's a start!!

delia fort in Las Vegas, Nevada

60 months ago

razin cain in Las Vegas, Nevada said: i volunteer @ the Shade Tree DV Shelter and they need clients advocates. right now there hiring part time staff. It's a start!!

ty for the information. where can i find shade tree DV shelter? ty so much

Lorraine Jurist in Las Vegas, Nevada

60 months ago

Laura_M in Seattle, Washington said: Hi Lorriane

Do you have a job yet? I hope you have found something by now. I am considering moving back to NV soon. I am an LCSW in NV and have worked in Reno for many years in the recent past. I was under the impression that there was a lot of jobs for social workers in Las Vegas. I guess that is not accurate. I would like to hear more about your job hunting experience as it may help me decide if I want to move. The best of luck to you! Laura in Seattle

I am finishing an internship (called a Community Based Assessment) at our County Hospital. It paid minimum wage, and only goes about 6 weeks. Our County hospital is broke, and is not hiring social workers any time soon.

However, it was good experience, and I can add it to my resume.
I am still looking for permanent employment.

Do you supervise LCSW interns? The only person I could find to supervise me was unable to pay me any money or compensation.

Misha in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

DIAMOND in Las Vegas, Nevada said: All I can say it that you get to know someone,forget your experience,.That's las vegas style.

I agree with this. I too am having a hard time finding a SW position.

Xtlman in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

The State of Nevada has posted several Case Worker and Social Worker postions on their website....check it out. Just remember the positions that have no closing date by them are to establish an eligibility list, while the ones with specific closing dates are for positions that currently need to be filled.

Nikki in Indianapolis, Indiana

57 months ago

What is the pay like for MSW's in Las Vegas?

Lorraine in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

Hope4U2911@comcast.net in Fort Myers, Florida said: I have a job opportunity for a MSW with a medical background. Individual must have their license, so take your exam for licensure ASAP. May need to chang your resume around.

I have my license. The test I am studying for is to get my LCSW. I aleady have my basic Social Work License. Please send me more information on the job, and how I can apply.

I will also e-mail you. MY direct e-mail is: lorijl@hotmail.com

57 months ago

Nikki in Indianapolis, Indiana said: What is the pay like for MSW's in Las Vegas?

About $20. to 23.50/hr.
But unless you have an LCSW (which takes 2-3 years under supervision of someone who's practiced with their LCSW for over 2 years), it is very competitive to get jobs. It used to be much easier.
Because we got paid well, I was able to save up a lot of money.

Unfortunatley, Last time I looked at the State of NV jobsite (NEATS),the social work jobs I saw recently posted require an LCSW, or else are in rural areas. I do have a profile on the State personell (NEATS) website, and teste for a job there in late Novemeber. I am therefore on one those "eligibility lists" you referred to.
I also network through a few community groups and clubs.

I will continue to check the job board for the State. Unfortunately, the state is in debt, and knowing the governor, little or no money will be going to create more social work positions any time soon. But I won't give up, on a State Job or any job for that matter! I worked for the State of NV prior to the State going in the red.

57 months ago

Laura_M in Seattle, Washington said: Hi Lorriane

I got hired late last month at a small, start-up dialysis center. But they can only offer 8 hours/WEEK! I haven't worked there yet because I had to have an FBI background check completed, and am going for my pre-employment physical and drug test. Once the physical results come back, I can then start orientation, which they will pay for.

Because 8 hours/week (a days worth of work hours spread out over a week) is not enough, I am looking for another part-time job. I have one friend who is calling and telling me everytime she hears of a social work job.

I have now applied for 90 jobs, and had roughly 20 interviews. I need to supplement my income from the 80 hr/week job. I will call to follow up on a full time job I interviewed for last week.
I need to make sure

57 months ago

Since you have your LCSW in NV, Laura, it may not be as difficult to find a job in Nevada as if you had only an MSW OR BSW.

melbien in Pasco, Washington

56 months ago

I am planning on moving to Las Vegas in the beginning of February. I recently graduated with a bachelor in social work and looking to secure work in the area. If anyone has any information on where I should look, please let me know.

LSW in Henderson, Nevada

56 months ago

Indeed is a good place to start. Search under case manager, LSW, or psychosocial worker. A lot will depend on your academics/experience and your interest area. It is very difficult here right now as there is quite a bit of competition and you may find yourself taking a job at a lower pay or in an area you didn't originally want. MSW's and BSW's are treated basically the same here unless you have your LCSW (Clinical license) unless an agency specifically wants a MSW (given education). You may fair well in long term care or positions stated above. Search agency sites too as they post alot online now. Really though, your interest area will dictate a lot of how you go about searching for a job here.

melbien in Pasco, Washington

56 months ago

Thank you for your response. I have been searching on indeed.com but have been searching under social work or social services so I will try the searches you have suggested in order to potentially pull up other opportunities.

Alma Francis in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

If you are interested in working in the addictions field, you should consider obtaining your Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC) License. There are openings at Choices Group, which is a private company that runs the drug court program. Good place to work and grow, competitive pay. Advertised on Jobing.com & Indeed.com websites. Good luck!

joni in Henderson, Nevada

54 months ago

joy in Palo Alto, California said: California Governor put a Freeze on the PAD Visn 21 VA; nowhere else. I checked with LV Nevada and there is no freeze there.

Hello, I am looking for a contract LCSW for a couple of assessements and FH 11 review and sign off. I pay $100 for sign offs and $45 and hour for assessments. If interested please email me. Needed asap

braintraincenter

54 months ago

joni in Henderson, Nevada said: Hello, I am looking for a contract LCSW for a couple of assessements and FH 11 review and sign off. I pay $100 for sign offs and $45 and hour for assessments. If interested please email me. Needed asap

I am an LCSW in Las Vegas looking for extra contract work for stress management services. I am familiar with FH11As and am looking to provide EEG biofeedback services and other interactive training services. A holistic minded agency would be a perfect fit if anyone is interested.

I'm already an individual medicare provider, TriCare and Medicaid contractor. Email me back if interested.

Little Angels Youth Services in Henderson, Nevada

49 months ago

Lorraine Jurist in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I am finishing an internship (called a Community Based Assessment) at our County Hospital . It paid minimum wage, and only goes about 6 weeks. Our County hospital is broke, and is not hiring social workers any time soon.

However, it was good experience, and I can add it to my resume.
I am still looking for permanent employment.

Do you supervise LCSW interns? The only person I could find to supervise me was unable to pay me any money or compensation .

Hey,
Are u are licensed medicaid intern? I am looking for licensed intern to help with supervision, assessments and FH 11 writing upon arrival of new clients.

Little Angels Youth Services

49 months ago

How do people become licensed Medicaid interns?

Currently, I am working full time in a dialysis clinic as an MSW.

little angels youth services in Henderson, Nevada

49 months ago

Hello are u medicaid approved MSW

CSW-I in Henderson, Nevada

49 months ago

Re Internship for SW: you have to apply to the NV state board. Once you are approved and in an approved site, you can apply to Medicaid to become a provider. That is a process too, both which can be time consuming. You can't become a provider though unless you have already met the requirements to become an Intern w/the SW board. Be careful too because the board will not allow for you to work at a place that is under 1 year old. Also, there are a lot of places that are not billing ethically to Medicaid. If you value the work and your license, really research the company you want to work for and their practices. Remember - it is your license!

A in Las Vegas, Nevada

49 months ago

I am wondering if there are any agencies that are looking for independent contractors? I am an LCSW and am currently on several insurance panels, including Medicaid and Amerigroup. If anyone knows of anything, it would be fantastic if you could pass the information along!

Thank You!

49 months ago

I am currently looking for independent contract LCSW for assessments and FH11 signing.

Please email if interested
littleangelsyouth@hotmail.com

Lindia in Las Vegas, Nevada

48 months ago

I am searching for a LCSW internship site, but have had absolutely no luck. I'm hoping someone could provide information/suggestions as I seem to be at a complete standstill.
Thanks in advance for your assistance

CSW-I in Henderson, Nevada

48 months ago

All I can say is good luck. It is VERY difficult to find a reputable agency willing to take on interns (especially CSW's as there are many more restrictions - positive side though the board is looking out for your best interests professionally). Call supervisors on the list provided by the board. They can help. Unfortunately, you're looking at the wrong time. Just make sure you research an agency before you start up with them. DO NOT work for one as an intern UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED AND THE AGENCY HAS BEEN APPROVED. It is a long process but worth it once you go through it. Good Luck.

Annie in Santa Ana, California

48 months ago

A in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I am wondering if there are any agencies that are looking for independent contractors? I am an LCSW and am currently on several insurance panels, including Medicaid and Amerigroup. If anyone knows of anything, it would be fantastic if you could pass the information along!

Thank You!

We are hiring both contracted and PT and FT employees for MH services in Las Vegas. Please email your resume and salary requirements to amarkichevich@provcorp.com. We provide both SA and MH services to the County courts, Federal P&P, etc. Hours are flexible, and we are not open weekends. Thank you! Andrea Markichevich

littleangelsyouth@hotmail.com in Henderson, Nevada

47 months ago

Hello,
Just noticed your message, I am currently looking for a independent contractor LCSW. Please feel free to send me your resume and salary requirements if still interested. littleangelsyouth@hotmail.com

Thank you
Joni

SNR in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

braintraincenter said: I am an LCSW in Las Vegas looking for extra contract work for stress management services. I am familiar with FH11As and am looking to provide EEG biofeedback services and other interactive training services. A holistic minded agency would be a perfect fit if anyone is interested.

I'm already an individual medicare provider, TriCare and Medicaid contractor. Email me back if interested.

Hi we had one of our LCSW move back to California and we are looking for an a LCSW to do some training. Please email me at srossohia@gmail.com if you would like to discuss.

little angels youth in Henderson, Nevada

43 months ago

Hello I was emailing u to find out if you are still looking for some extra contract work. I need someone still to do assessments, FH11's as well as supervision as needed. Please email me if u would like more information atlittleangelsyouth@hotmail.com

42 months ago

A in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I am wondering if there are any agencies that are looking for independent contractors? I am an LCSW and am currently on several insurance panels, including Medicaid and Amerigroup. If anyone knows of anything, it would be fantastic if you could pass the information along!

Thank You!

Agency currently is in need of licensed clinicians Licensed Mental Health Provider (LCSW), in Henderson & Las Vegas area to provide clinical assessments, individual, group and family therapy. Applicant must have experience facilitating comprehensive assessments, as well as DSM IV and SED determination experience as well. Applicant must work well in team environments. Applicants should have minimum 2 years experience working with children with severe emotional/behavioral issues and understanding of principles of rehabilitative mental health services. Must be licensed in the State of Nevada! This position is a full or part time work schedule. Salary depends on level of experience.

42 months ago

Lorraine in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Since you have your LCSW in NV, Laura, it may not be as difficult to find a job in Nevada as if you had only an MSW OR BSW.

Agency currently is in need of licensed clinicians Licensed Mental Health Provider (LCSW), in Henderson & Las Vegas area to provide clinical assessments, individual, group and family therapy. Applicant must have experience facilitating comprehensive assessments, as well as DSM IV and SED determination experience as well. Applicant must work well in team environments. Applicants should have minimum 2 years experience working with children with severe emotional/behavioral issues and understanding of principles of rehabilitative mental health services. Must be licensed in the State of Nevada! This position is a full or part time work schedule. Salary depends on level of experience.

sunnygirl44 in Riverside, California

38 months ago

Hi. I have a NV. LCSW lic. with 11 yrs. experience in area of MH. Will be relocating back to LV within 3-4 weeks and looking for part-time position. What is the current job market like for LCSWs right now? If anyone knows of availble part-time job openings I would gratefully appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

38 months ago

Agency currently is in need of licensed clinicians Licensed Mental Health Provider (LCSW), in Henderson & Las Vegas area to provide clinical assessments, individual, group and family therapy. Applicant must have experience facilitating comprehensive assessments, as well as DSM IV and SED determination experience as well. Applicant must work well in team environments. Applicants should have minimum 2 years experience working with children with severe emotional/behavioral issues and understanding of principles of rehabilitative mental health services. Must be licensed in the State of Nevada and have a current medical supervisior! This position is a full or part time work schedule. Salary depends on level of experience.
Please email me with questions if interested, I am very busy with summer camp and so I am unable to take phone til late evenings.

38 months ago

sunnygirl44 in Riverside, California said: Hi. I have a NV. LCSW lic. with 11 yrs. experience in area of MH. Will be relocating back to LV within 3-4 weeks and looking for part-time position. What is the current job market like for LCSWs right now? If anyone knows of availble part-time job openings I would gratefully appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Agency currently is in need of licensed clinicians Licensed Mental Health Provider (LCSW), in Henderson & Las Vegas area to provide clinical assessments, individual, group and family therapy. Applicant must have experience facilitating comprehensive assessments, as well as DSM IV and SED determination experience as well. Applicant must work well in team environments. Applicants should have minimum 2 years experience working with children with severe emotional/behavioral issues and understanding of principles of rehabilitative mental health services. Must be licensed in the State of Nevada and have a current medical supervisior! This position is a full or part time work schedule. Salary depends on level of experience.
Please email me with questions if interested, I am very busy with summer camp and so I am unable to take phone til late evenings.

MURIEL in Las Vegas, Nevada

22 months ago

Hi Jill are you a LCSW?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.