the absolute worse place to work in madison is conney safety products

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shawn in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

76 months ago

physicians plus - worst hands down

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Madison, Wisconsin

61 months ago

WEA Trust could be a bad place. A bunch of executives who think they know what's best but hire the worst people you can imagine. Thankfully, most are retiring or are leaving soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP in Madison, Wisconsin

59 months ago

I think Conney safety is the best place I have ever worked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Brady Salter in Madison, Wisconsin

59 months ago

JP in Madison, Wisconsin said: I think Conney safety is the best place I have ever worked.

I second that!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Marv in Madison, Wisconsin

59 months ago

I Love Conney Safety. Do you know what else I love as much as Conney Safety? Blogging about how much I love Conney Safety.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Cizzle in Madison, Wisconsin

59 months ago

I love Conney Safety. It's like Neverland. And I'm Peter Pan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Master Chief in Madison, Wisconsin

55 months ago

american girl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whoelse in Monroe, Wisconsin

54 months ago

JP in Madison, Wisconsin said: I think Conney safety is the best place I have ever worked.

why do you enjoy working at conney safety?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Self Destruct in Cottage Grove, Wisconsin

51 months ago

Brady Salter in Madison, Wisconsin said: I second that!!!

Conney is a great place to work if you're a superficial corporate criminal, who is good at selling products to people that they dont need in order to advance your carreer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nobody in Cottage Grove, Wisconsin

51 months ago

Marv in Madison, Wisconsin said: I Love Conney Safety. Do you know what else I love as much as Conney Safety? Blogging about how much I love Conney Safety.[/QUOT

In the middle of the recession the "manager" of the warehouse told the warehouse employees, AFTER taking away our hours and benefits, laying off several people.. THEN reporting in catalog success magazines "Despite the free-falling economy in which Moyer and Wessner acquired Conney, their leadership has resulted in profits increasing by 80 percent." That CI Investments which owns conney, would get rid of the entire crew if productivity and accuracy did not improve. Then made a comment to the effect of "this isnt a good time not to have a job." Using scare tactics to motivate your employees is cowardly, that along with the actions of the top executives places the management of conney on a level no higher than common criminals.

Catalog Success article: www.retailonlineintegration.com/article/how-b-to-b-catalog-vets-chuck-moyer-mike-wessner-applied-their-jandl-industrial-supply-turnaround-tactics-conney-safety-products-402654/1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Badgers Rule in Madison, Wisconsin

47 months ago

One of the worst - Conney Safety. All about increasing profits & passing cost increases onto customers. They've laid off many good people in multiple depts over the past few years. Heard they also moved salespeople to 100% commission from base pay w/ commission. Good luck making sales goal in such a spectacular economy! Maybe they'll learn "you get what you pay for" also applies to good employees. Also, note that CI Investments, majority owner of Conney, used to be part owner of Buffets (Old Country Buffets). They've been named in lawsuit claiming they "bilked Buffets of hundreds of millions of dollars". Nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

cupajo in Hesperia, California

38 months ago

Badgers Rule in Madison, Wisconsin said: One of the worst - Conney Safety. All about increasing profits & passing cost increases onto customers. They've laid off many good people in multiple depts over the past few years. Heard they also moved salespeople to 100% commission from base pay w/ commission. Good luck making sales goal in such a spectacular economy! Maybe they'll learn "you get what you pay for" also applies to good employees. Also, note that CI Investments, majority owner of Conney, used to be part owner of Buffets (Old Country Buffets). They've been named in lawsuit claiming they "bilked Buffets of hundreds of millions of dollars". Nice.

It's a shame that companies like that don't get caught sooner. It's also a sham that people will be out of work because of this law suite. Some of the posts above say that Conney has laid off good people already.

When you don't give the employes a chance to see the fruit of their labor, along with your bottom line your doomed to fail.

<a href="www.paralegalfirm.net">cupajo</a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yeah in Monroe, Wisconsin

36 months ago

Place is a joke. In the past two years they have changed the pay scale for thier BD's like seven times. The most recent change is a 12000 dollar a year pay cut. Not worth working for a company that only cares about creating as much profability as possible. This company will be sold in the next few years. They do not care about their employees at all and look for ways to cheat them out of as much money as they can. Place is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lzhlpm in Madison, Wisconsin

34 months ago

Mr Self Destruct in Cottage Grove, Wisconsin said: Conney is a great place to work if you're a superficial corporate criminal, who is good at selling products to people that they dont need in order to advance your carreer.

what is the pay there??? the high and the low..
workers pay??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

former etc employee in Madison, Wisconsin

31 months ago

Electronic Theater Controls could be a great company to work for but it so bad. The owner thinks he works at Disney land. He is so out of touch with the employees.He thinks its the best place on earth to work but refuses to ask people if its true. It is one big happy family if you are buddies with the owner but if you are not then your chances are slim for advancement. I worked there five years (as the say five too many). It is like family, one dysfunctional family.I saw a person i worked with at etc today and i was reminded why i hated it there so badly. Just one persons opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KL in Madison, Wisconsin

30 months ago

Kneaded Relief Day Spa in Fitchburg is the worst place I've ever worked. Owners are always stoned and treat their employees very poorly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.