possible relocation to Memphis, TN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

lrn in Southfield, Michigan

21 months ago

Hi, my family may be relocating to Memphis from a suburb of Detroit. We currently live in a very nice, safe, and convenient area. I am wondering about Memphis and if anyone could provide useful information about relocating, good schools etc.. We have 2 children ages 9 and 7 and of course are looking for the best schools and areas in which to live. A lot of the comments about Memphis I have read seem to be negative, it is concerning me to say the least.. Please let me know. thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cal in Cordova, Tennessee

18 months ago

Please don't move here. My girlfriend is a Medical Assistant and she can not find a job here. We been here since August 2012.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Austin in Memphis, Tennessee

13 months ago

I do not have children, so I can't really give any advice on the school situation. Some of the public schools are "optional schools" that offer advanced and college prep courses. There are also several private schools to choose from.

Housing in Memphis is *very* affordable. There are many neighborhoods in east Memphis that are very safe, very affordable, and conveniently located in the center of the city. One example is the Sea Isle Park neighborhood in East Memphis. It is located in the south-east corner of the 240 loop. There is a variety of home sizes and prices. You can easily find homes in the price range of $100K to $150K.

Best of Luck!
Paul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GoEvans in Cordova, Tennessee

13 months ago

Congrats on the move to the Memphis area! We Welcome you!
My name is Kelly Evans, with Weichert Realtors BenchMark.
I have worked with several relocation families in finding homes in the Memphis area.
Please feel free to give me a call or email me at goevans at outlook and I would be more then happy to give you a tour of the areas and help you find your home here.
I can also give you some helpful website in doing your community and school search.
Please give me a call if I can help you with any questions!
Weichert Realtors BenchMark
MBA, Affiliate Broker
9047 Poplar Ave Suite 102
Germantown, TN 38138
contact
HOME(4663)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.