I am relocating to Florida. What are the best places to find a job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Gabriel in Montclair, New Jersey

74 months ago

I am moving to Florida in a few months and would like to have a job before I move. I have teaching degrees and coaching and training certifications but I am looking for a job in anything because jobs in that field aren't easy to find during a school year. I wanted to know what are some legit (as in not boards like the big ones such as Careerbuilder and the rest that just give sales jobs) job boards or employment agencies that can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Midwestern at heart in Miami, Florida

73 months ago

Hi Gabriel. Are you moving to Miami? I don't know if you have connections in Miami but that definitely helps and may even be crucial due to the culture here. You also need to be bilingual for everything from low wage hospitality positions to executive level positions. Regarding teaching, there was a shortage of teachers here for some time but due to the economic conditions, there are now almost no positions. Check out the Miami Dade Schoolboard website. I am new to Miami and in the comments from people I meet the consensus is that any job is hard to find, especally a professional one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gabriel in Montclair, New Jersey

73 months ago

I am either moving to Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County. I was just wanting to find someway of finding jobs because all of the internet job sites are awful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.