Best schools in Mobile?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

Where are the best schools or school districts in Mobile?

Reply - Report abuse

HGREEN in Mobile, Alabama

77 months ago

LEINKAUF ELEMENTARY IS A GOOD SCHOOL, MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN ATTENDED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LJ in Mobile, Alabama

76 months ago

The best schools are across Mobile Bay in Spanish Fort, Daphne or Fairhope. All are a 10-20 minute commute to downtown Mobile.

mary in Mobile, Alabama

74 months ago

Host said: Where are the best schools or school districts in Mobile?

the absolute best elementary school is hollingers island!!!! awsome principal and staff!!!!! my child makes a's and is in the gifted program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bamagirl in Mobile, Alabama

73 months ago

The best schools in Mobile County are in West Mobile. Hutchens Elementary, Causey Middle and Baker High Schools. Not only my opinion, it is in the news and on greatschools.com. People are moving out here just to be in a great public school district! The only drawback is that the schools aren't big enough to accomodate all the newcomers and are getting over-crowded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer

70 months ago

None of the public schools are worth a crap.
They have between 30-40 students in a classroom.
I chose to put my child at cottage hill baptist school
He has been there for 2 years and it's so great. They have after school
Care at the school, it's not very expensive and the most
Students he has had in 1 class is 14.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thanks1979@yahoo.com in Satsuma, Alabama

68 months ago

My child has attended Collins-Rhodes Elementary school will be 3 years next year. The staff and faculty are great people! It's a new school, so they had all new things and supplies, including their computer lab. They're up to date with their teaching and are a positive influence on all the children in the school, good or troubled children. They have also inspired myself in MANY ways.! The most that are in a class here are 18 children, and they still give plenty of one on one with the students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon Wilson in Mobile, Alabama

47 months ago

The schools in Mobile County are horrible (understatement). Do NOT send your child to ANY of the public schools in Mobile. Your best bet is Private Schools or move to another city. The Private Schools here, since the public schools are so incapable of teaching, all have extensively long waiting lists. Your child/ren will NOT get an education in the public schools here.

I, fortunately, was educated in another state. Knowing what I know now, we would never have moved to this horrible place where our children will now be behind by years if we move anywhere else.

The best schools are the private ones.

MOBILE COUNTY'S PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE HORRIBLE!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

crissib in Foley, Alabama

44 months ago

bamagirl in Mobile, Alabama said: The best schools in Mobile County are in West Mobile. Hutchens Elementary, Causey Middle and Baker High Schools. Not only my opinion, it is in the news and on greatschools.com. People are moving out here just to be in a great public school district! The only drawback is that the schools aren't big enough to accomodate all the newcomers and are getting over-crowded.

Hello, we are moving to west Mobile at the end of May due to my husbands job. We are originally from GA and have lived in Foley, AL for almost 2 yrs so I am not familiar with Mobile at all. I think I have only been to mobile about 2 times. I have 2 girls that will be attending the schools there and I am looking for good, safe schools. This will be the deciding factor to what area we move to, so any information will be very helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

unhappy with public schools in Mobile, Alabama

31 months ago

crissib in Foley, Alabama said: Hello, we are moving to west Mobile at the end of May due to my husbands job. We are originally from GA and have lived in Foley, AL for almost 2 yrs so I am not familiar with Mobile at all. I think I have only been to mobile about 2 times. I have 2 girls that will be attending the schools there and I am looking for good, safe schools. This will be the deciding factor to what area we move to, so any information will be very helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have lived in Mobile all of my life & have 3 boys in the public school system. We moved to West Mobile because we thought we were moving to a good school district. West Mobile has grown so much that the schools are very overcrowded; children have been bused in from other districts and the results have not been very good. I am removing mine from the public school system for the upcoming year (we are at Causey & Baker). I do not feel confident that they are safe. There is no way that I would send girls to either of these schools. The elemenatry schools, on the other hand, are good. We were at Collier & absolutely loved it. Good luck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.