Seeking contacts in Nashville

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

jmaxson in Crown Point, Indiana

61 months ago

I have recently lost my job as a manufacturing manager/superintendent. My wifes employer would like us to relocate to Nashville. I would definitely like to live/work in the area, however, I would like to better understand the level of opportunity for someone with my background. I am a degreed Electrical Engineer with years of consulting/ project experience and many years of heavy manufacturing management experience. Anyone have an idea how "friendly" Nashville will be for job opportunities?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

power for a purpose in Franklin, Tennessee

61 months ago

I recently moved to Nashville because of the opportunity to grow my business in this area. I believe jobs to be fairly plentiful and personally have brought on many new people in my company. I am not really familiar with the job possibilities for an engineer, but I do believe you won't have much trouble. And by the way...I love Nashville! It is a great place to live and raise a family. If I can help anymore, please let me know.

61 months ago

power for a purpose in Franklin, Tennessee said: I recently moved to Nashville because of the opportunity to grow my business in this area. I believe jobs to be fairly plentiful and personally have brought on many new people in my company. I am not really familiar with the job possibilities for an engineer, but I do believe you won't have much trouble. And by the way...I love Nashville! It is a great place to live and raise a family. If I can help anymore, please let me know.

Thanks for your response! I am always interested in developing contacts and wonder what type of business you pursue? Also, any recommendations re: Nashville area networking organizations.

61 months ago

jmaxson in Crown Point, Indiana said: Thanks for your response! I am always interested in developing contacts and wonder what type of business you pursue? Also, any recommendations re: Nashville area networking organizations.

I would love to share with you my business as well as let you know of some great networking organizations in the area. I am involved in 2 that I have found wonderful. Maybe we can talk on the phone just to expedite things. Is this possible?

60 months ago

power for a purpose in Franklin, Tennessee said: I would love to share with you my business as well as let you know of some great networking organizations in the area. I am involved in 2 that I have found wonderful. Maybe we can talk on the phone just to expedite things. Is this possible?

certainly- if you forward contact info to this post, I will call you.

abc

60 months ago

jmaxson in Crown Point, Indiana said: I have recently lost my job as a manufacturing manager/superintendent. My wifes employer would like us to relocate to Nashville. I would definitely like to live/work in the area, however, I would like to better understand the level of opportunity for someone with my background. I am a degreed Electrical Engineer with years of consulting/ project experience and many years of heavy manufacturing management experience. Anyone have an idea how "friendly" Nashville will be for job opportunities?

check-out Consulting Engrg firms in Nashville (Smith Seckman Reid, etc)
and Square D Company/Schneider Electric in Nashville

60 months ago

I'll check it out, thx for your feedback.

georgebuffet in London, United Kingdom

60 months ago

Hi There !!

You can try with some recruitment agencies for a job, they can help you.

What do you think about Oil & Gas industry ?

Regards,
George Buffet

jmaxson in Merrillville, Indiana

59 months ago

jmaxson in Crown Point, Indiana said: I have recently lost my job as a manufacturing manager/superintendent. My wifes employer would like us to relocate to Nashville. I would definitely like to live/work in the area, however, I would like to better understand the level of opportunity for someone with my background. I am a degreed Electrical Engineer with years of consulting/ project experience and many years of heavy manufacturing management experience. Anyone have an idea how "friendly" Nashville will be for job opportunities?

Does anyone out there have a contact with General Mills in Murfreesboro, TN?? They are looking for a Manufacturing Manager and my background and experience fit their needs closely.

Cmarie in Northville, Michigan

58 months ago

My husband and I are really thinking of relocating to Nashville sometime next year. I am really looking for more information on the area (safest place to live/raise family, job availability, schools, etc.) We have considered relocating for some time, my husband is currently laid off and my job will be leaving the country late next year so we are just ready to go for it.

We plan to save for a down payment and first couple months rent on an apartment but besides that we don't have much saved. I am really wondering how long do you think it will take to find some form of employment?

I am so ready to do this and I don't want to put it off for too long. Can you please share whatever information you have in detail? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Tina in Waterford, Michigan

58 months ago

Franklin TN is very nice, alot of rentals and good schools !

jmaxson in Merrillville, Indiana

58 months ago

In job searching in and around Nashville I have seen an incredible amount of healthcare related opportunity. Anyone with a solid background in nursing, health insurance, or any related area of healthcare should be able to find work quickly. I also think technical services industry is big in theis area. Engineers from technology industries, construction services, technical sales, etc. should have little trouble finding work. Finally, Nashville is a big entertainment hub, however, that is not an area I know much about.

Franklin and Murfreesboro are nice areas. Don't know about the schools, my kids are all out of HS!!!!

Hope this helps some. Respond with any questions.

58 months ago

Cmarie in Northville, Michigan said: My husband and I are really thinking of relocating to Nashville sometime next year. I am really looking for more information on the area (safest place to live/raise family, job availability, schools, etc.) We have considered relocating for some time, my husband is currently laid off and my job will be leaving the country late next year so we are just ready to go for it.

We plan to save for a down payment and first couple months rent on an apartment but besides that we don't have much saved. I am really wondering how long do you think it will take to find some form of employment?

I am so ready to do this and I don't want to put it off for too long. Can you please share whatever information you have in detail? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Hello,

I moved here from Michigan 10 months ago and love it here! It is a great place to live. As far as locations, we live in Franklin and think it is a great place to raise a family. The schools are very good...not quite like Michigan but acceptable. People are super friendly and a much easier place to live, especially considering how tough things are up there right now. Jobs seem to be fairly easy to find. I have my own business...I work from home. I have come to TN to expand my company to this area. That is part of what brought us down here. I have not found it difficult to find people to work for me, so I think things are viable. My personal opinion...if you move down here, you will never look back. We visited Michigan in August and I was so happy to be coming home to TN. Good luck and if I can help any further, don't hesitate to contact me.

Smart Girl in Nashville, Tennessee

57 months ago

georgebuffet in London, United Kingdom said: Hi There !!

You can try with some recruitment agencies for a job, they can help you.

What do you think about Oil & Gas industry ?

Regards,
George Buffet

Would you please give to me some recruitment agency's names?
I am under employeement but who knows when you loose it?
Now I am doing imp./exp. business between China and the US.
Whoever has interest in this filed, please feel free to contact me at anytime!
Thank you for your help!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.