Is finding a job in NYC easy?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Can136 in Pharr, Texas

50 months ago

Hi,It is Can from TX. I normally live in Turkey and I study in industrial engineering in Middle East Technical University. I came to the USA with the student exchange program called work and trvel just for this summer. I will leave USA on the 25 the of September. My main purpose is to improve my English, but in TX-Mcallen, here most of the people speak Spanish. I decided to move to NYC on the first week of August. I have social security number. I wonder that, in NYC, is finding job in 3-4 days easy? The job can be any thing that pay at least 7.25 dollars and 40 hours per week. Please I need your advices? Should I move to NYC or stay in TX?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

strux in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

Can136 in Pharr, Texas said: Hi,It is Can from TX. I normally live in Turkey and I study in industrial engineering in Middle East Technical University. I came to the USA with the student exchange program called work and trvel just for this summer. I will leave USA on the 25 the of September. My main purpose is to improve my English, but in TX-Mcallen, here most of the people speak Spanish. I decided to move to NYC on the first week of August. I have social security number. I wonder that, in NYC, is finding job in 3-4 days easy? The job can be any thing that pay at least 7.25 dollars and 40 hours per week. Please I need your advices? Should I move to NYC or stay in TX?

u should definitely move to NYC. I cannot advise you about the job market in your field of work but I know that there is a turkish community here so I guess should find more help from them as you are from the same country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Silvija in Osijek, Croatia

46 months ago

Hi! My friends and I are planning to visit NY in summer time...We plann to stay there whole summer...And we were wondering is it possible to find a job within one week time and that we can earn enough for living in the "Big Apple":-)

Maybe, some advice about certain jobs? What to do, where to look, what not to work etc.!
Thank yout for your tips:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.