Whats NYC like to live in?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida

79 months ago

I'm a former New Yorker. Depends on where you live. Check out neighborhoods online (google). Manhattan is a big town and very expensive. There are surrounding areas that you can look into but make sur it's something you want to do. New York is a world unto itself. Busy and a 24 hour town. I loved living there because you can get whatever you want at any time of the day or night. You don't need a car since every and I mean every is accessible via taxi cab or train. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Albatross in Brooklyn, New York

63 months ago

English & bored in Stockport, United Kingdom said: So whats it like in NYC? I am in Manchester UK where gun crime is rife but we can't buy one to fight back. Should I move there?

Clearly you have a disincentive to stay in Manchester. If however you're of a mind to wish that you could buy a gun to fight back, please I suggest you look elsewhere.

New York has much to recommend it. It has among other things been a terrific place to raise a family, to find much to do culturally at any price level, to find unique opportunities and experiences, to live amongst a diverse population. It has its drawbacks in terms of affordability and safety. But it has become a safer city in the years I've lived here, and I believe it would remain on that path with continued support to keep guns away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

john in Dublin, Ireland

42 months ago

im from ireland, i always dream aby living in new york,, been saving up a year now to visit, do you need to be well educated to cut it over there ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ashara in Brooklyn, New York

42 months ago

john in Dublin, Ireland said: im from ireland, i always dream aby living in new york,, been saving up a year now to visit, do you need to be well educated to cut it over there ???

Understand it is very competetive to get a job here. It is oevrpopulated and rent is expensive. You have to really be strong to survive here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.