Job search in New York?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in New York?

Reply - Report abuse

sylvia molina in Brooklyn, New York

84 months ago

hello my name is Sylvia Molina
Iam interest in housekeeping, I have more then 12 of experience in that field iam a teamworker,motviated,punctuall
and a hard worker. if you have any position open for that field I will appreciate if you give a call at 347-529-5291

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Nelson D. Rivera in New York, New York

84 months ago

[Edited by Host] Please do not post resumes in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NY* in New York, New York

84 months ago

Nelson,

Check out The Lefrak Org. in Rego Park Queens! They own properties through out the NY area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MARGARITA RODRIGUEZ in Bronx, New York

84 months ago

I HAVE NO COMMENT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Winston in Brooklyn, New York

83 months ago

I am instered in a job in the clerical field. I have more than 30 years of experience. I retired from the U.S. Department of State after woring there for 30 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Cincinnati, Ohio

81 months ago

<Edited by Host Personal Information Removed>

Did you used to live in Cincinnati ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

oana in Satu Mare, Romania

80 months ago

i am in same situation but i will arrive in july:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Clueless One in Brooklyn, New York

74 months ago

Hey guys I need some job advice.

A little side story:

Basically, I became very ill during my teen years, and because of that I barely made it through HS and 1st two years of college. During all this time, I never bothered to look for a job and never took school seriously. My thoughts revolved around getting back home as soon as possible and go to sleep, because in my sleep I couldn't feel any pain. For the past few years, I have been feeling a lot better, and decided that it is time for me to climb out of my shell and get a job... But guess what? I am a 26 year old "kid" with no "real world/real life experience", and virtually no education or work experience. I do have an Associate's degree in Liberal Arts(useless in today's world as far as I understand), and an A+ Certification (low level PC Tech cert) - also useless as far as I understand. I am willing to go back to college at some point, but only after I get a job.

I am trying hard to get employed, I am posting resumes online and sending out resumes to employers, I been to job fairs, but no one will hire me. I am pretty good with computers, but aside from that I really have no idea what I can or cannot do. I keep seeing the same requirements: Bachelor's/Master's degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience. But I don't have that! What the heck am I supposed to do?! I don't need a high paying job, heck, even minimum wage will do. I am willing to do virtually anything as long as it doesn't involve cleaning up someone's puke, lifting heavy objects or cashiering. Are there really no options for me? How can I find a job? I do not want go out in the middle of the street with a "need a job" sign around my neck! Where do I begin? Where do I go? How can I find a job? Are there any agencies that help people like me? Please try to refrain from mean, sarcastic comments. Thanx very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

NARK JACKSON in New York, New York

72 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in New York?

go to staff one

STAFF ONE
295 MADISON AVE. BETWEEN
41ST $ 40TH STS.

SELETIVE STAFFING

ACCESS STAFFING.COM

IF THEY WHO SEND YOU TELL MARK JACKSON

EMAIL ME @ MARKWJACKSON@HOTMAIL.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Juventus in Brooklyn, New York

72 months ago

Try the following agencies (get addresses and contact names via internet).
Wall Street Services
Global Financial Services
Strategic Work Force
International Market Recruiters

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Phil in New York, New York

72 months ago

The best advice I could give you is to try to shorten your back story. I'm sorry to hear that you were ill during those important years, but while I sympathize, most potential employers would rather hear (or see) what you can do for them. It doesn't hurt to highlight what skills you do have or at least state them in a very matter of fact way. No credential is useless. It sounds like it would help if you knew what to look forward to in the working world. I would try a temp agency. There are plenty of them in the city since temp employment is very common. I had some good gigs with Core Staffing. Be careful with temp agencies because they won't be looking out for you. At best you'll get an inside look (sometimes very superficial) at how some companies operate as well as compensation for your time. Don't make this a habit. Most career temps have alternative sources of income. Just be observant, responsible, and polite and you'll have a good experience. Also note that this isn't a way to build your resume, but it will give you a better idea of what it takes to work. Not to wave a carrot in your face, but some employees go from temp to perm but it really depends on the circumstances. Once the time comes that you're ready to commit to a particular career or at least workplace, things will be clearer and a lot will just fall into place.

Lastly, with the economy as it is, don't take rejection personally. If you're persistent and don't get in the way of yourself, you'll find something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clueless One in Brooklyn, New York

72 months ago

Thanx very much for your replies. I'll follow your advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Brooklyn, New York

71 months ago

Maria Tsynkevich in Minsk, Belarus said: Hello. i've got j1 visa. on the 12 of june i'll be in NY. but i still haven't found any job. perhaps, can anyone help me?

Yes, I can. Stay in Belarus. I know everyone tells you it's better here, but it's actually the same.

Jobdigger in Eastleigh, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in New York?

check out this site, sign up and they can help you find some jobs you might be interested in -

www.jobsearchdigger.com

71 months ago

Anonymous in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes, I can. Stay in Belarus. I know everyone tells you it's better here, but it's actually the same.

TRY TO GO TO A TEMP ANGECY. LIKE

STAFF ONE
SELECTIVE STAFFING
PLEASE CONTACT ME @ M.W.JACKSON@HOTMAIL.COM

I GIVE YOU THE PHONE NUMBERS TO THESE NUMBER

71 months ago

Margaret Winston in Brooklyn, New York said: I am instered in a job in the clerical field. I have more than 30 years of experience. I retired from the U.S. Department of State after woring there for 30 years.

GO TO STAFF ANGECY AND U COULD HELP ME ALSO

STAFF ONE
SELECTIVE ANGENCY

I GIVE U THE NUMBERS AND HERS MY M.W.JACKSON@HOTMAIL.COM
THE I SEND YOU MY RESUME TO HELP ME GETTING HELP U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RAMON CARMONA in New York, New York

70 months ago

HI I AM INTERED IN A JOB IN THE ASBESTO REMOVAL OR SCAFFOLDING IN NEW YORK I HAVE MORE 5 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE. IF YOUR HAVE POSITION FOR THAT FIELD. I WILL MY EMAIL Reymond062009@HotMail.com Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Agnes in Poznan, Poland

70 months ago

Hi I'm looking for a summer job with J-1 visa in New York, I've been 3 times in USA.I'd like to work as an assistant/help in the office for example. Anybody should know something e-mail me agabryzek@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ahmed hussain in Hyderabad, India

70 months ago

dear sir

justtoknowmoreaboutjava in Jersey City, New Jersey

70 months ago

Hello Friends,

I have got H1B visa since Oct 2008 and I have come to USA in the month of Nov,2008 but due to bad market condition my employer does not have jobs for me and I am still searching for job with the help of my employer in New York and New Jersey with no luck.

I would like to ask all of you if you have any good reference or contact / suggestion which will help me to continue with my job carrier in USA

I have six years of experience in Microsoft technologies and I have registered my self in all great job websites like dice.com and monster but not received positive reply yet from anyone. Atleast I should expect atleast one interview call.

Please help.

NARK JACKSON in Bronx, New York

70 months ago

SORRY DUDE CANT HELP YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NARK JACKSON in Bronx, New York

70 months ago

I DONT HAVE A BUSINESS I CANT HELP YOU

tennyson in Bronx, New York

70 months ago

agnes, get in touch with me asap osemease004@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Whalen in Wayland, Massachusetts

69 months ago

Check out jobaphiles.com for the latest in hiring opportunities in NY

Jenny Zorina in Kharkov

64 months ago

is there are anybody who has an experience with SaaS hotel ERP? Would you be able to share the link?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MARK W JACKSON in Bronx, New York

64 months ago

Amy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: <Edited by Host Personal Information Removed>

Did you used to live in Cincinnati ohio

NO DUDE SORRY

MARK W JACKSON in Bronx, New York

64 months ago

NO DUDE

MSilva in Angel Fire, New Mexico

59 months ago

Hi! i have a J1 Visa, Social Security number, and i'm looking for any job in NYC. Anything!
please if you know something please send me an email to
tato.silva@hotmail.com

Hardworker
Punctual
Friendly
Like teamwork

Thanks.

kekeioana17 in Bucharest, Romania

59 months ago

oana in Satu Mare, Romania said: i am in same situation but i will arrive in july:)[/QUOTE

Hi Oana my name is Ioana..and i'm going to NY this summer 1st of july...here is my messenger id kekeioana17..plz contact me so we can took !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

woody in United Kingdom

40 months ago

hi i am a fully qualified scaffolder wanting to work in new york or the new trade center can any 1 help me find a job?

amanda in Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago

39 months ago

hi my name is amanda and looking for a job in new york if anyone have one that i could plz contact me

amanda in Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago

39 months ago

hi my name is amanda and looking for a job in new york if anyone have one that i could plz contact me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ava Goodwin in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

Hi there,

I wanted to share a job board that I've had success with in the past. There are nearly 5,000 opportunities in the New York region. The recent postings include companies such as Accenture, Deloitte, and Kate Spade.

Here is the link: on.fb.me/ubn2X2
I "liked" the page to stay udpated. Hope this helps you all, as well!

Best of luck job seekers!
Ava

Josephine germosen in New York, New York

19 months ago

Hi my name is josephine germosen i am looking for a hotel house keeping job if you have any opennings please email me thank you

flynn in New York, New York

19 months ago

You can be well compensated for participation in focus groups at SIS International Research in New York City. Utilize this link to register for the data base so that you can be called: www.sismarketresearch.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.